Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
22 Nov 2014, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 08:29 AMJaigen

L2P . simple.

Teach us master, show us a rep where you deal with 2 ober squads.
22 Nov 2014, 10:26 AM

There are 3 problems with Obers.
- LMG34. This weapon is insane. I picked it up yesterday with my Rifles. They were killing everything on their way.
- Veterancy. It's just wrong when vetted Obers are better at close range than vetted Shocks. Not to mention that they can suppress them befire engage.
- Bipod. Rifles, Paras, Grens... Everyone has to lay down to use LMG efficiently. That's normal. You can't be accurate at far distance if you are not using bipod. What about Obers? They just run and kill everything. They dont have to be stable to fight which is ridiculous. I mean, do tehy have arms from steel? Increase their close-medium range DPS but decrease far distance, or leave it but make them use bipod.

All of these points are little OP. Now imagine that they are combined in a single unit.
Oh wait... you dont have to imagine that

Shocks come in at 2CP, Obers come in later. Vet5 Obers? When do they arrive? Like 30 minutes in maybe?

Don't you think it's right they should be considerably stronger?
22 Nov 2014, 10:30 AM

Shocks come in at 2CP, Obers come in later. Vet5 Obers? When do they arrive? Like 30 minutes in maybe?

Don't you think it's right they should be considerably stronger?

They are stronger at medium-far distance but should not be at close range.
They get suppression since 4 vet not 5.
Obers can hit the field around 8-9mins. Not so that late when compared to Shocks.
22 Nov 2014, 10:31 AM

Do obers even reload there LMG? I can't recall ever seeing a animation for reloading it. Also as said before any squad that picks up the LMG34 becomes this:

You have no idea how insanely funny it is on a ostruppen squad with the cover buff and the officer buff. Bawsstruppen 2016!

22 Nov 2014, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 10:10 AMKatitof

Teach us master, show us a rep where you deal with 2 ober squads.

I can give You one.
All I needed were 3x Paras with LMG and Lieutenant :banana:

Do obers even reload there LMG? I can't recall ever seeing a animation for reloading it. Also as said before any squad that picks up the LMG34 becomes this:

You have no idea how insanely funny it is on a ostruppen squad with the cover buff and the officer buff.

Obers are better that this one. Their LMG is gardening stable while shooting. You cant say so about this :lol:
22 Nov 2014, 11:15 AM
Donator 33

Do obers even reload there LMG? I can't recall ever seeing a animation for reloading it.

Yes, there is a reload animation. I don't have a video showing it, just look at them during a fight and you'll see it.
Vaz
22 Nov 2014, 11:29 AM

I would like Jaigen to tell us all how to fight obers with infantry, because it seems that using the games cover mechanics to your advantage yet that advantage not mattering, has something to do with player skill.

I wish that gun would drop more from defeated squads, then I could likely get some mostly axis players on here complaining about how they lost their army in seconds because teamate lost a squad or the rng got them, then a rear echelon erased them.
22 Nov 2014, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bipod. Rifles, Paras, Grens... Everyone has to lay down to use LMG efficiently.

Paras also don't have to lay down to fire their LMGs.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 08:29 AMJaigen

L2P . simple.

S2P (start 2 play). Again, where is that replay that shows us your skills? I guess we have to wait till they let you play with your account.

Rescuethread v.2.0.3

1- Theres no need for LMGs shooting on the move (1919 on Paras and LMG34 on Ober). You want mobile DPS? Go STG or Thompsons.
2- Veterancy. Give them a "defensive stance" or supression ability instead of passive supression. RA could be tweaked a bit.
3- Spread out their DPS. Give them 2 LMG34 instead of 1 with huge dps.
22 Nov 2014, 14:10 PM

Paras also don't have to lay down to fire their LMGs.

I dont think so, but I agree with You on these 3 points.

22 Nov 2014, 14:28 PM
Donator 33

I dont think so, but I agree with You on these 3 points.

Paras lay down when they fire their LMGs but they can also shoot while moving. Whether the guy with the LMG lays down or not is irrelevant. It looks a bit silly in case of Obers but that's it.
22 Nov 2014, 17:07 PM

High vet Obers are a problem, that is true, and few things short of a vet Para or Shock squad can stand up to them 1 on 1. Then again, they are filthy expensive to build and reinforce and just as vulnerable to AOE weapons as a lowly Gren squad... I dont think they should receive suppression at Vet 4, but apart from that they are fine.
22 Nov 2014, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 11:29 AMVaz
I would like Jaigen to tell us all how to fight obers with infantry, because it seems that using the games cover mechanics to your advantage yet that advantage not mattering, has something to do with player skill.

Simply use equal amount of mp against them. its hilarious how often i see players throw 2 rifles against 2 obers then loudly complain that obers are op. the only unit that can defeat them are the shocks so i find that balanced.

They are stronger at medium-far distance but should not be at close range.
They get suppression since 4 vet not 5.
Obers can hit the field around 8-9mins. Not so that late when compared to Shocks.

their not stronger durability and much higher dps works for the shocks in cc. obers may arrive at the 9 min mark , but its okw players that has to tech up for that and thats a lot more expensive then waiting for 2 cp's
22 Nov 2014, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 17:07 PMJaigen

Simply use equal amount of mp against them. its hilarious how often i see players throw 2 rifles against 2 obers then loudly complain that obers are op.
2 rifle squads = 280mp x 2 = 560mp
Obers = 400mp

If what you say is true, then 2 rifles should be beating a squad of obersoldaten everytime assuming equal cover, health, vet.
Just what does equal mean in your dictionary? :loco:

the only unit that can defeat them are the shocks so

i find that balanced.

Don't think so. It seems it's either vehicles, shocks or paras only that are able to beat them. The choices are pretty limited to actually beat a squad that costs 400mp and almost impossible to kill on retreat.
22 Nov 2014, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 17:07 PMJaigen

their not stronger durability and much higher dps works for the shocks in cc. obers may arrive at the 9 min mark , but its okw players that has to tech up for that and thats a lot more expensive then waiting for 2 cp's

Don't you think it's weird that Allies have to pick up doctrine with elite infantry to fight almost equally with stock unit?
Just take a look.
Stock:
Cons/Penal vs Obers
SU85 vs Jadgpanzer
T34 vs Panther
and on...
and on...
22 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM

Wait... did u just say use an equal amount of MP!?!?! Well i used two conscript squads and they were in cover, and still got wrecked!!! WHATTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
22 Nov 2014, 19:20 PM
Donator 33

Jaigen be trollin. Illuminati notified.
22 Nov 2014, 19:35 PM

Don't you think it's weird that Allies have to pick up doctrine with elite infantry to fight almost equally with stock unit?
Just take a look.
Stock:
Cons/Penal vs Obers
SU85 vs Jadgpanzer
T34 vs Panther
and on...
and on...

In the case of obers.. They are stronger then any of OKW's doctrine infantry. Falls compete but I think obers are still a tougher infantry all around.
Shocks vs obers is a toss up depending on micro and positioning. (vet 0 vs vet 0)

Cons just suck so do penals, That's a SOV problem not a OKW one. (Give cons DP already!)
Cons need to be better.. Not necessarily rifleman good but at least compete with grens.

22 Nov 2014, 20:34 PM
Donator 33

An equal amount of MP is not a guaranteed win. 2 Cons or 2 Rifles will always win vs Obers but only if you use them at their effective range.

If you engage 1 Obersquad with 2 Cons at long range they'll probably lose. Obers are expensive 100% AI troops that come relatively late. If they couldn't win a 1v1 with Inf, they'd be useless.

I think it's not hard to understand that you shouldn't engage Obers with Infantry if you can't outnumber them.

Mines, demos, vehicles, off-maps...these are all effective counters vs Obers (and any other 4-man squad).

I can't understand people complaining about Obers dealing with Infantry.

I mean, does anybody try to counter an Elefant or Jagdtiger with one single tank? No, you use at least 2 tanks combined with Infantry.

Therefore, you either try to outnumber Obers or use combined arms to deal with them.
22 Nov 2014, 21:24 PM

In the case of obers.. They are stronger then any of OKW's doctrine infantry. Falls compete but I think obers are still a tougher infantry all around.
Shocks vs obers is a toss up depending on micro and positioning. (vet 0 vs vet 0)

Cons just suck so do penals, That's a SOV problem not a OKW one. (Give cons DP already!)
Cons need to be better.. Not necessarily rifleman good but at least compete with grens.

Sorry but no. As a veteran conspammer myself (i created a very bulletproof 6 con strat that i used againts many top players) i can say that giving conscripts dp-28 would be completely OP vs wehrmacht.

Conscripts are very powerful vs wehrmacht, as they have a good advantage vs vanilla grens and are very good.

Vs OKW conscripts fall into a support role mainly because of obersoldaten.

Conscripts don't need a buff, obers need a nerf.

Penals might need a slightl long range buff but that's up for debate.

23 Nov 2014, 04:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 21:24 PMBurts

Sorry but no. As a veteran conspammer myself (i created a very bulletproof 6 con strat that i used againts many top players) i can say that giving conscripts dp-28 would be completely OP vs wehrmacht.

Conscripts are very powerful vs wehrmacht, as they have a good advantage vs vanilla grens and are very good.

Vs OKW conscripts fall into a support role mainly because of obersoldaten.

Conscripts don't need a buff, obers need a nerf.

Penals might need a slightl long range buff but that's up for debate.

replay please. i need to see this 6 con strat and vs which players.

penals need a long range buff definitely, they need something to justify their cost. i think they could use rifle's long range dps as a start.
PAGES (28)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS