Login

russian armor

Is Coh2 ready for E-Sports?Post-oktober Betapatch discussion

22 Oct 2014, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 19:26 PMspajn

Doesn't change the fact that you can and many times benefit on skipping all teching so you can pump out the more cost efficient callin units instead.

Which again, will fix itself when you will make stock units appealing.

Demo charges need fixing but everyone knows you are a soviet fanboy so i don't count on ever making you understand.

Thats exactly what a fanboy would say :clap:
"I don't need to explain, everyone knows and U R FANBOI!" :loco:

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it doesn't work like that, if you believe there is a problem, you better explain it. Thou if you want to be a poo flinging monkey, your call.

Intended use of demo charges is a big BOOM under anything that walks/drives over it on controlling players demand. It does exactly that, therefore nothing is wrong with the ability.
Vaz
22 Oct 2014, 19:41 PM

I dont get you guys (about the RNG). Does everything have to be black and white? Imo no, that gives the game the salt and pepper. Otherwise it would be boring.
Even in real live there is RNG, for example in the King of Sports "Football" (Soccer for the muricans :D) that's why it is the king of Sports. I don't want that COH2 turns in to SC or Lol or Dota.
Of curse they can fix some things to make it better for Esports but not to much. I agree that the maps should be better for example and many other things.
Hey, FIFA is a ESport and there is also RNG.

Since when is the winner (of anything in this world) the best one??? Since never.
Was Greece the best team at the Euro 2004? No!!!! We won it anyway, because of RNG:D:D:D.
Was Chelsea the best Team in the champions league in 2012? No again.
But i say this, if you are the best one, 90% of the time you will win.

Ok, don't hang me because i have a different opinion :D

I've been kind of silent on previous e-sports discussions but after a lot of thought I tend to agree more with the opinion above.

First - is there any rulebook, guideline, or any kind of authority at all of what really is suited for e-sports? I have yet to see one.

Second - As already pointed out, other competitive games have rng

Ceiz's post - While I generally tend to agree with most of your observations, I'm in strong disagreement with both your posts. About your game in the tourney, so Allstars got a death crit on a kat, does that mean if it died you would win? You have no way to know. So you can't go and blame your losses on bad rng. I didn't watch the game very attentively, but just like all games of CoH, I bet every player in that game could come here and bitch about unfortunate rng moments they have.

That brings me to what I think is important for any competition. Things are fair for ALL players. Ciez would you be on here complaining about rng if your team won making bad decisions but allstars got the most amazing rng bucket of shit happen to them? You likely would not even notice.

I think you can go down to the very core of existence and find that everything that exists is subject to rng. Everything. You can control the amount, but you can never truly remove it. Getting to a more human level, there are enough games without rng and I think they are enough already. CoH2 does not need to become chess or checkers to be competitive.

If you look at Sports, say soccer (we're all Americans here right :megusta:). You've got lots of rng going on. First the human body is rng. Each player has a physical strength and the amount of strength is different. Hell, the amount of strength they can even call upon is likely different each day. The weather is a random factor. A perfectly aimed kick could be blown by the wind outside of the goal area.

So with that said, I don't entirely disagree with you. I think rng can be toned down, so it has less of an effect on games. I think it's safe to say though, rng or not you would have lost that game. Rng didn't cause you to lose the game, it was you and sibs decisions vs those of your opponents and they made the better decisions this time around.

If abandon happens too often and is set at 5%, then reduce it to 2.5%. That's pretty easy to deal with I think.

@Romeo - I would like to know why you think main gun destroyed is more unfair the other possible death crits.

One shotting is kind of in the same realm. While I agree with Ciez somewhat, there are things that are a part of the game and war that just don't go well with it though. I think for some things, the community is unanimous in agreement. ISU is likely the easiest example. I never hear anyone tell me how fair it is that it just 1 shotted their full health squad. On the other hand, an on-map artillery shell landing a direct hit on a squad and wiping them sucks, but I don't think is unfair. So perhaps some things need to be toned down, but I feel that goes along with general balance and doesn't really involve only e-sports concerns.
22 Oct 2014, 19:48 PM

TELL EM VAZ, TELL EM!!!
22 Oct 2014, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 18:44 PMKatitof

Demo charges do not need any fixes, because they are not broken in any way.

If you want to fix call-in meta, make tier units appealing, this goes specifically for soviets as all other armies have reliable tier units, only soviets needs to rely on doctrines for armor and infantry.

They need to be easily detected when placed in the open like the Commando demos in coh1.
22 Oct 2014, 19:55 PM

They need to be easily detected when placed in the open like the Commando demos in coh1.

Sweepers don't have any problems detecting them.
And not everything was so great in coh1.
They are incredibly expensive manually detonated mines, there is nothing wrong with their performance.
22 Oct 2014, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 19:55 PMKatitof

Sweepers don't have any problems detecting them.
And not everything was so great in coh1.
They are incredibly expensive manually detonated mines, there is nothing wrong with their performance.

Demos squad wipe for 90 muntions so yes they need a fix.
Vaz
22 Oct 2014, 20:07 PM

Demo charges are perfectly fine. Hiding explosives in an area you expect your enemy to be, is still an effective tactic irl to this day. It's really not hard to hide them and it is possible for an army to detect them...granted they go out with the right tools.

If you don't bring a detector with your squad, that's on you. It's not rng, it's not unfair. It's YOUR decision.

If anything is unfair with demo's and other traps like mines, it's that all factions don't have access. I'm sure germans had demo charges. Same thing with mines, OST and USF don't have access to a standard mine, just really expensive specialized mines.
22 Oct 2014, 20:07 PM

wtf people complaining about demo charges!?!? god damn
22 Oct 2014, 20:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think coh2 can be a great E-sports game, but for that to fully succeed relic needs to improve the games performance and optimize it to run smooth. I think SLI support should be there aswell. Relic updated vCoH's engine as i remember, it enabled dx10 and made the game look prettier and i don't remember it breaking the game. What stops them from improving the games engine with CoH2 ... ?
22 Oct 2014, 20:27 PM

DX10 is buggy in vcoh. Better to deactivate it.
I think Relic wants to keep the overall quality level of coh2 and will not change the graphics coding.
Vcoh was kinda esports, despite its RNG. With tons of bulletins and commanders however, i dont think esports is an option for coh2.
22 Oct 2014, 20:41 PM

With tons of bulletins and commanders however, i dont think esports is an option for coh2.

Bulletins are stupid but they don't really break the game, hell 90% of them make a negligible impact. Commanders/call-ins do need a huge overhaul though, I think starting over from scratch would be easiest tbh with all the commanders that are incredibly shitty and some that have too many abilities in common with other commanders. They need more flair and little to no overlap.
22 Oct 2014, 20:43 PM

I dont think you can change the commanders. AT least not the ones which are sold.
Well bulletins make an impact, if the summary of 3 increase the survivability of your main infantry.
22 Oct 2014, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 20:01 PMGiaA

Demos squad wipe for 90 muntions so yes they need a fix.

Newsflash: Some abilities will wipe squads.

Normal 30 muni nade can wipe squad, what makes you believe a charge expected to demolish a bridge or building wouldn't kill a squad of infantry that walks over it?

I know there is these 'Ubermensch uber alles' trend within axis players, but you are taking it too far.

Or let me illustrate how you sound here with an analogical example:

Teller mines need a fix. They destroy scout cars, they shouldn't.
See? This is exactly how you sound here.
22 Oct 2014, 21:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think demo charges are fine. They require time to set up, micro and vision to detonate, cost a fortune, and can be countered with minesweepers just like any other mine.

I kind of think the OKW minesweeper needs a larger radius though, it seems really short to me.
22 Oct 2014, 21:41 PM

when youre defusing a demo it doesnt prevent the soviet player from detonating it killing the pioneers.
22 Oct 2014, 21:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Lots of great posts in this topic, Ciez posts nailed it, but I wanted to emphasize how much I agree with this:

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 23:47 PMCieZ

3 - Redesign call-in system. It is broken right now. Super heavies are so much stronger than anything you can build it is insane. Call-ins are much more efficient/less risky. We've had enough of Tigers, T34/85s, ISUs, JTs, and Elefants. The T3 vs T3 is actually really exciting and balanced. Plus it'd be nice to have an actual flow of the game like early, mid, late, superlate. Not what we have now which is: early, kind of mid but not really because only light vehicles show up..................... superlate.

The pacing of the game currently limits the amount of strategies and some units are rarely seen because of it.
22 Oct 2014, 21:55 PM
Donator 22

when youre defusing a demo it doesnt prevent the soviet player from detonating it killing the pioneers.

I've never tried...can demos be blown by targeting ground with a tank or at gun?

Sorry for the off topic post.
Vaz
22 Oct 2014, 22:06 PM

Sometimes the bomb squad can't diffuse bombs, so they take the bomb into a field and blow it up. That's the case here. Your already in a field, so once you find it then blow it up. I don't know if small arms can do it, but it should be that way.
22 Oct 2014, 22:54 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 19:41 PMVaz
@Romeo - I would like to know why you think main gun destroyed is more unfair the other possible death crits.

because it lets the tank drive to safety?
22 Oct 2014, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 20:50 PMKatitof

Newsflash: Some abilities will wipe squads.

Normal 30 muni nade can wipe squad, what makes you believe a charge expected to demolish a bridge or building wouldn't kill a squad of infantry that walks over it?

I know there is these 'Ubermensch uber alles' trend within axis players, but you are taking it too far.

Or let me illustrate how you sound here with an analogical example:

Teller mines need a fix. They destroy scout cars, they shouldn't.
See? This is exactly how you sound here.

Infantry shouldn't get one shot killed no matter what ability or unit we are talking about. I have yet to face a player who effectively avoided demos which means that they are certainly going to squad wipe at some point in the game. A grenade is easy to dodge unlike demos.
Not sure why you start with the whole fanboy accusation bs. o_O
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight