Login

russian armor

Does anyone have hope?

20 Oct 2014, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 16:40 PMRomeo
What makes you think I'm kidding? There really is an alpha, and there's going to be a public beta this week too.

My post was based on your option (you stated in few places on forum) that match destructor is ok, nothing else.
20 Oct 2014, 17:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Ehhh matchmaking can be pretty bad sometimes but with the playerbase being what it is I'm not sure how to improve it.
20 Oct 2014, 18:03 PM

"THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!" - Gandalf

Lol!

I have hope, rts games need a lot of time, proplayers feedback and work to get balanced.
20 Oct 2014, 18:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I applaud Luvvie's post. I wish I could not - bcs of what it portends - but it is written sincerely and concisely, and on point.

@Bryan: adding the WFA to Eastern Front set things back,IMO.Especially as Ostheer/SU were attaining a state of balance after many months in the abject wilderness. I agree with Bryan's comment about the early phase of COh2:financial exigencies doubtless dictated the poor initial state of the game.

Given that some may not buy WFA at all,I really wonder about the wisdom of mixing the four armies up together. I accept that if Eastern Front and WFA were kept apart,Relic might have faced the charge of splitting the community. But honestly, surely the same criticism would have applied to CoHO?

Far better to develop different scenarios separately: you have more chance of early successful balance - and critically, more chance of keep the punters happy. You retain immersion.

20 Oct 2014, 18:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh it will take even more time iwth the new factions and whatever else they add into the game. and i have "hope"/faith they will get it right i just don't know how long it will take.

edit: will it be to late by the time they do it could be.

forgot to add that. was reminded by ninja.
20 Oct 2014, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 18:22 PMWiFiDi
tbh it will take even more time iwth the new factions and whatever else they add into the game. and i have faith they will get it right i just don't know how long it will take.

well time is money. don't know when the next big game is going to come and swoop up all the players
20 Oct 2014, 18:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 18:43 PMNinjaWJ

well time is money. don't know when the next big game is going to come and swoop up all the players

yep that unfortuantly is very true.
20 Oct 2014, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 16:51 PMGdot

I was having the same problem. Unclear whether it was caused by Nvidia driver update or the release of WFA. Either way, I had to lower my graphic settings, unwillingly so, but this did fix that issue.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 14:34 PMluvnest

game performance

Game runs like ass. I get constant freezes every 3-5 min on a regular basis. It speeds up afterwards. After each match I gotta restart it due to frame breaks. #Esport

Compare the Input delay of automatch to custom games for example.

It's not enough throwing a ton of money into tournaments, if you have a game that doesn't run smoothly. Especially if you think of the upcomming ESL tourneys.

I have an ATI 7970 GHZ edition and get the same freezes. I don't think it's a driver issue. The constant freezes in-game are backbreaking. All RTS depend on high reliable APM for competitive play and COH2 simply doesn't run smoothly enough. You will often misclick because of the freezes which will send a unit out of cover and kill it for example.

The game just doesn't run reliably which makes it a great annoyance to play. All the other issues stated are true too.

I would like to add I hate map balance right now in 1v1. Maps should be balanced so that each side can start from either spawn position. It was this way in vCOH. I don't get why I always have to be southern on Road to Kharkov as an OST player. On Kharkov it's obvious north is favored since all the VP are closer and with LOS. It is absurd and I assume it's because of OKW design. OST has one of the worse win rates right now indirectly because OKW is so OP.
20 Oct 2014, 19:05 PM

Of curse there is hope. Its like a marriage, not every day is fun. There are some hard times and good times.
You should not get divorsed after 1 year and if you love your wife, you can make it work :D.

When you wake up one morning and your wife has "a frank and beans" it's time to reconsider the marriage.
20 Oct 2014, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 17:06 PMNinjaWJ
"THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!" - Gandalf

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
Space Marine Librarian
(DoW)
20 Oct 2014, 21:07 PM

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
Space Marine Librarian
(DoW)

Pretty much this.
I am fed up with "hope", people at Relic need to show some results.
20 Oct 2014, 21:36 PM

In small games (1v1/2v2) the balance isn't too bad. All it needs is a little tweak here and there. The call in meta is also somewhat of an issue but again it's still fairly balanced in small games.

My main issue is with blobbing and it's effectiveness vs proper management.

TLDR; You want balance, just play 1v1s.
20 Oct 2014, 21:58 PM

The biggest problem with Company of Heroes 2 is that they changed things for the sake of change instead of building upon what the franchise was known for. If I go to McDonalds I expect my Big Mac to be a Big Mac no matter what McDonalds I go to. Relic on the other hand took the recipe and changed it without consulting with fans as to what they wanted. Company of Heroes 2 is a crappy chicken sandwhich under the disguise of being served as a juicy burger, that is one reason as to why people are mad and Relic is clueless as to what they should do.
20 Oct 2014, 22:15 PM

The biggest problem with Company of Heroes 2 is that they changed things for the sake of change instead of building upon what the franchise was known for. If I go to McDonalds I expect my Big Mac to be a Big Mac no matter what McDonalds I go to. Relic on the other hand took the recipe and changed it without consulting with fans as to what they wanted. Company of Heroes 2 is a crappy chicken sandwhich under the disguise of being served as a juicy burger, that is one reason as to why people are mad and Relic is clueless as to what they should do.

This.
Is what the forum is about.
20 Oct 2014, 22:44 PM

I think the balance is fine
20 Oct 2014, 22:46 PM

+1

They literally have less than no idea - they changed every single aspect of the game that was working..

Verterancy - check. you can now get vet 2 units in less than 5 mins, the idea of veterancy is a joke now. You literally do not have to play well to get vet 3 units.. in fact you get it from playing badly by taking damage.. I'm sorry but did they think the player base is 5 year olds that need a pat on the head and gold stars for doing their homework? It is insulting.

Veterancy is meant to be earned from top play not a given in every game, in a matter of minutes.

Resources - check. Now you can have no map control all game and still not only win, but bring in superheavy weapons

Superheavy weapons - check. Unlike the KT of old, which was a area denial weapon that could be countered by 2-3 at guns the big tanks in this game are absurd. Shooting 2 screen lengths away, squad wiping in one shot and being able to return as soon as they are killed since the resource system is a joke

Pop Cap - check. now you always have 100 pop cap its not determined by map control so further reinforces the terrible resource system

explosions - check. Before in coh you could basically use the eye test, what you see on screen has basically the effect youd expect it to, in coh2 there is no way to know what will happen with explosions. will they wipe a whole squad? Will they do nothing?

Support weapons - check. For the most part they have one, ONE job to do, and they are god awful at it or too powerful. FFS

mortar are meant to provide slow but incessant out of sight arty which is super vulnerable to counterattack, and not take cap, mgs are meant to pin/ suppress anything in their arc, but be usless as soon as flanked, flame weapons are meant to provide some punch at close range not make the unit a army wipe squad. Art is meant to be short duration but fairly accurate weapon against static weapons and blobs - not long duration RNG machine. This is what it was like in COH, if you dont want to use this as the basis of the game then there better be a massive good reason not to, so far I see zero evidence of this and I just see pure incompetence.

Slow moving buggy units - check. Coh has great response and unit animations was super fluid and extremely responsive, so its great that coh 2 has buggy movement which is not only slower in general but also not responsive at all. Perfect for a RTS game that relies on player reaction then.

Inf Combat - check. This use to be the bread and butter of COH, in fact games could go to 20 mins with just inf play alone, and it. was. amazing.

Coh2 inf combat is a joke, basically each infantry unit either dies in seconds randomly or rapes everything in front of it (lmgs, flamers, smgs all awfully done) but worst of all is the single shot rifles of any sort. The retreat button doesn't mean shit as squads die on retreat all the time for no reason. Casualties are like ab on/off switch there's is no finesse at all

I could go on for another 10 points .. but I wont.

In short there's zero hope for the game now, I feel bad for anyone who puts any more money into the game.

The devs either have no idea about the first ( or even this game) they don't play it, they never have and they don't know what makes the game work or they just don't care - either way its a lose lose.

Every communication smacks of delay tactics to try squeeze the last dollar out of the fans, each new release has nothing to do with what people want.

I've never seen a game mismanaged so badly, or a company doing a worse job of appealing to the customer ( or getting new customers) - its nothing personal about the people working there, I'm sure they are as nice as you and me.

But when it comes to any aspect of game design, listening to community or customer / community management its a perfect case study in what not to do.

They burnt every single influencer that loved the series, 90% of the prolific pro community or casters that poured hundreds if not thousands of hours of their own time to promote their games.

That is literally the exact opposite of what it means to successfully launch and manage a game - if its already going to be a niche game make sure you keep the influencers happy, supported, listened to ( hell, they might even have some good ideas.. right?) not divide them, waste their time and lie about everything.

You reap what you sow I guess.

20 Oct 2014, 22:54 PM

no we dont have hope, do we? :snfBarton:
20 Oct 2014, 22:55 PM

Excellent post, HS King
20 Oct 2014, 23:59 PM

I am hoping for and expecting some Allied buffs and Axis (especially OKW) nerfs in light of the statistics Legends posted on the official forums.

If not, then I can see many people abandoning ship for good. This October patch is Relic's chance to prove they know what they are doing balance-wise. But it may be their last chance for many people.

If that is done and some useless doctrines buffed up, then I can see the game blossoming. I won't ever give up on Peter. :snfPeter:
21 Oct 2014, 00:06 AM

I am hoping for and expecting some Allied buffs and Axis (especially OKW) nerfs in light of the statistics Legends posted on the official forums.

If not, then I can see many people abandoning ship for good. This October patch is Relic's chance to prove they know what they are doing balance-wise. But it may be their last chance for many people.

If that is done and some useless doctrines buffed up, then I can see the game blossoming. I won't ever give up on Peter. :snfPeter:
Peter will never give up on you. :snfPeter:

Anyway, I want to see
  • Optimised game
  • Native voices option toggle
  • Infantry movement speed slightly increased
  • 50/50 mix between balance/realism (Right now it seems 70/30 but balance is not even there. Some balance issues can be solved if we actually made things realistic. IF the M36 was realistic having its powerful gun and good armour, German armour is no big deal now. Grenaidere LMG dominace over conscripts can be solved if the dps for LMG starts high and drops with range like from 12 to 6 which is quite realistic as well).
  • Artillery actually kill people other than stuka zu fuss.(This unit preservation concept seem to be going overboard with some units but doesn't apply to others. I'm looking at you LeFH18(can't hit things right and small AoE) and Stuka Zu fuss(doesn't care what he kills))
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★