Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
19 Feb 2016, 16:50 PM

I did exactly what you said but after about 6 games no War Spoil or XP obtained, i'm beginning to lose hope... Am I doing something wrong?
19 Feb 2016, 20:30 PM

Closed Alpha test - Changes to the war spoils system

"We are currently accepting applicants for a Closed Alpha test of this new system and encourage all to apply. We will be selecting a pool of approximately 200 players for the first phase of testing from a cross-section of players to get an accurate representation of the community as a whole.

The first phase of testing will begin on February 23rd. As the closed alpha progresses we will be continually adding new applicants to the test group until the alpha test ends on March 8th. We feel the community’s feedback is crucial at this stage of development of the new system and we look forward to hearing your opinion on what has been created thus far."

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/02/18/closed-alpha-changes-to-the-war-spoils-system
19 Feb 2016, 21:24 PM

Results from today, five bulletins, only one new one. I also got two new Soviet skins. And...

I got another wishlist commander! So now the wishlist is like this:

- Partisan
- Shock Motor
- Urban Defense
- Tank Hunter

And another goat coming up, RNGesus!

I also think that I'm gonna farm for another faction now, since I have 19 out of 21 Soviet commanders. Only a few weeks of farming left, too.
20 Feb 2016, 00:16 AM

Lelic changing up the war spoils? Haha, oh boy, here we go! What do you guys think they're gonna do, allow war spoils to only drop in online and take out commander drops while doubling the drop rate for everything else? Going to lol at whatever they come up with, I'm 99.9% sure.
20 Feb 2016, 02:06 AM

Lelic changing up the war spoils? Haha, oh boy, here we go! What do you guys think they're gonna do, allow war spoils to only drop in online and take out commander drops while doubling the drop rate for everything else? Going to lol at whatever they come up with, I'm 99.9% sure.

I think they will make it impossible to farm for it. That is why I am farming as mad as we speak :D
20 Feb 2016, 02:48 AM

I think they will make it impossible to farm for it. That is why I am farming as mad as we speak :D

That's exactly why I said the online only part, haha. Probably won't allow it to drop when you have any kind of mods or custom maps on. Automatch/custom matches with no mods and normal maps for war spoils, sounds awesome. They'll probably justify it by telling us they'll increase the drop rate or something. Only way they'll get my acceptance is 1. Increasing drop rate and/or 2. Removing dupes. Bulletin trading would be pretty cool too, but eh.
20 Feb 2016, 07:01 AM

For some reason my drop rate really slowed down. Now I only get one bulletin per 8 hours though week or two ago I could get 3-4 bulletins + a commander.
20 Feb 2016, 07:20 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 16:50 PMTanker
I did exactly what you said but after about 6 games no War Spoil or XP obtained, i'm beginning to lose hope... Am I doing something wrong?
are you shre it ran for 6 games? If yes, you were either offline of just had bad luck.

if they introduce something like trading or crafting you should have enough to craft everything ;) but I'm slightly worried that they will fuck it up

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 07:01 AMSlyzor
For some reason my drop rate really slowed down. Now I only get one bulletin per 8 hours though week or two ago I could get 3-4 bulletins + a commander.
well, I haven't farmed in the last week, so I don't know. But another person has already reported that, so it might be true. Maybe it's part of the closed alpha....... If so they made a great job on the communication
20 Feb 2016, 09:09 AM

if they introduce something like trading or crafting you should have enough to craft everything ;) but I'm slightly worried that they will fuck it up

Of course they will, they're Lelic man! I wouldn't expect any less of them.

Ever since I reported less drops in post #540 or something like that, I've still been getting less than I remembered getting before the patch mentioned in the post...

20 Feb 2016, 12:51 PM

hey,
i think there is a problem with the script or im too stupid to use it
when i activate it it automatically starts the game,presses "press any key" button but does nothing afterwards...i mean it works awesome until the but stops there and does nothing i press the "press this to win" button and i win and i manually go back to menu but it doesnt do anything again
any help?
20 Feb 2016, 13:10 PM

hey,
i think there is a problem with the script or im too stupid to use it
when i activate it it automatically starts the game,presses "press any key" button but does nothing afterwards...i mean it works awesome until the but stops there and does nothing i press the "press this to win" button and i win and i manually go back to menu but it doesnt do anything again
any help?
That's what it's supposed to do. It counts off time and you win when the time is up. No units will move, fight or build anything.
20 Feb 2016, 18:41 PM

Hey guys

So I finally got my LAN cable (lost contact to Relic Servers is not an issue anymore) and tried farming with the script for 3x 8h. It's sadly still not working and I just don't understand why.

1) My resolution is 1024x768 60Hz and I'm starting the game windowed.
2) I'm not sure if it's important but I'm even always logged into my friends steam list when I'm farming, just in case to make sure to be absolutely logged in to receive spoils.
3) I use custom game, 1 AI player, Standard Resources, Fixed Locations, Auto Victory, Observer Mode ON and tried 60 as well as 30 minute rounds.
4) My Windows 10 energy safing settings should prevent a shutdown of my computer.
5) When I start the script I notice that he automatically starts a game. I once let him play for 30 minutes and he also quit the game and started a new one. Yet the ONLY war spoil I ever received was after coming home, turning the monitor back on again and pressing the "Auto Victory Now" button myself to end the round.

Where is the error? I'd love to finally get some spoils myself but it just ain't working.

PS: I've seen there's an "war spoils alpha" going on now. Any chance they are trying to "fix" this little way of farming war soils we've got here or will it be a serious improvement to the rather bad system we got right now? What do you guys think?
20 Feb 2016, 19:22 PM
Donator 11

Ever since I reported less drops in post #540 or something like that, I've still been getting less than I remembered getting before the patch mentioned in the post...

hmm, lets wait for nee's warspoils report, but it seems like they really have nerfed warspoils in the last couple of weeks

any help?

as slayer already wrote, it does exactly that. it just start a game after 30, 60 or 120 minutes

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 18:41 PMRetro

5) When I start the script I notice that he automatically starts a game. I once let him play for 30 minutes and he also quit the game and started a new one. Yet the ONLY war spoil I ever received was after coming home, turning the monitor back on again and pressing the "Auto Victory Now" button myself to end the round.

Where is the error? I'd love to finally get some spoils myself but it just ain't working.

PS: I've seen there's an "war spoils alpha" going on now. Any chance they are trying to "fix" this little way of farming war soils we've got here or will it be a serious improvement to the rather bad system we got right now? What do you guys think?

if it plays a game and restarts another one, it does not seem to be a problem of the script. is it at the same point after you get back from farming? if you have obersever mode on, could you try and see from the account of your freind, whether it still plays after 6 hours? if yes, try again, if it wasnt just bad luck. if no, its either still windows related or the script would need to be modfied to send a signal to the pc more often

and their "fix" is surely a fix to this script. whether it is a real fix, hmm lets see. dont expect too much

20 Feb 2016, 22:15 PM

Well it would definitely be a welcome surprise if they actually fixed those duplicate drops and increased the drop rate to maybe one drop per hour.
21 Feb 2016, 01:43 AM

Farmed for 30 hours straight, got 3 bulletins. And here I thought the RNG store in Mass Effect 3 was garbage. Relic takes the cake and whole pantry too.

That aside, the script itself works great.
21 Feb 2016, 01:50 AM

Has anyone taken any notes of which factions they picked and drop rates? It could just be diverse RNG, but I feel as though I am getting a lot more drops with the newer factions than the older factions. I seem to average about 7-8 war spoils (total spoils not drops) in ~8 hours. But with Whermacht I seem to only be averaging around 3 in ~ 8 hours.
21 Feb 2016, 03:18 AM

My stream always online, 7 games no XP for drops now
21 Feb 2016, 14:49 PM

Finaly got everything for the UKF. Last bulletin (Bombshell) was really hard to get for me (1,5 week farming). Guess it's time to start on the USF.

Wonder what new bulletin we will get for the UKF with these new commanders comming up.
21 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

How would crafting work?
21 Feb 2016, 17:47 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 03:18 AMTanker
My stream always online, 7 games no XP for drops now

the drops are independent of XP, so XP shouldnt be the reason. it might be that relic changed the droprate recently though!

Has anyone taken any notes of which factions they picked and drop rates? It could just be diverse RNG, but I feel as though I am getting a lot more drops with the newer factions than the older factions. I seem to average about 7-8 war spoils (total spoils not drops) in ~8 hours. But with Whermacht I seem to only be averaging around 3 in ~ 8 hours.

in my experience it is not like this. try a little more and see, whether you still see this.

Farmed for 30 hours straight, got 3 bulletins. And here I thought the RNG store in Mass Effect 3 was garbage. Relic takes the cake and whole pantry too.

That aside, the script itself works great.

hmm, i think i should write nee a message, he was the guy who investigated droptimes.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 16:12 PMSlayer
How would crafting work?

disenchanting of a commander/bulletins/skins gives x material, building a new commander (hopefully permanent) costs y material with y>x.

PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS