Login

russian armor

Conscripts vs other infantry

16 Apr 2013, 13:46 PM

With all the upgrades that conscripts can have is there a benefit/need to get other infantry like elite, guard or shock troops? I just got the beta yesterday so im not aware of all the uses of the different types of units, but it seems like conscripts are maybe too overly upgradable?
16 Apr 2013, 14:28 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Conscripts get munched by PzGrens. If you need infantry to stand up against them you will need Shock Troops. If you need AT infantry you will need Guards.
16 Apr 2013, 14:56 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I've been building only conscripts so far and if you go with a doctrine that gives them PPSh guns they're not so bad. For AT I just use AT grenades + AT guns or T-34s later on. If you let PzGrens get close before you get PPSh guns things are bad but by the time your opponent has enough PzGrens for that to be an issue (that is, by the time they have so many that you can't just run away) you can spam T-34s.
16 Apr 2013, 15:34 PM

As AmiPolizeifunk said but problem is you can have Rifles OR Shocktroops, making the Rifles the better choice cause of long range AT value which is lacking with the conscripts. ATM I don't even use the later commanders because I always use the commander with first level Rifles.
Also conscripts shine if you have enough suppression to prevent short range infantry from closing in on you. So combine them with MG or vehicles if you can.
16 Apr 2013, 22:00 PM

I think the issue here is very similar to USA infantry squad vs. rangers/airborne. Can you do without heavy infantry? Sure. Do they provide an edge, definitely. I do think "Urrah" is a bit too powerful at the moment. "Fire-up" had a penalty, "Urrah" is pure boost for 5 ammo?
16 Apr 2013, 22:10 PM

Orrah is not fire-up, it's a few seconds of speed and better combat ability, but not a suppression breaker.
16 Apr 2013, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2013, 22:10 PMQvazar
Orrah is not fire-up, it's a few seconds of speed and better combat ability, but not a suppression breaker.
i see
16 Apr 2013, 22:20 PM

Conscripts simply do not stand up to Panzergrens unless you choose the doctrine which provides you with hit the dirt and the sub machinegun upgrade. I use this doctrine almost every game I go for 4 conscript based stratergies. Closest thing you can get to 4 rifle BAR aswell ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★