Login

russian armor

Fix Mein Kübelwagen!

24 Sep 2014, 07:15 AM

In teamgames Kubel is a nightmare for my as Allie, and it's awesome as OKW.
It can shut Allies in base for realy long time.
It needs to be fix somehow.

1. Make it doctrinal 0 CP in place of HMG (put HMG to T0)
2. Make it avaible since 1 truck is converted.
3. Leave it in T0 but nerf it (less hp, slower rotation, anything).

It's so frustrating that even ZiS can't take it in one shot.
Many times in teamgames one guy takes ZiS at the beggining to repel Kubels but like I said, lowe chance to hit, needs 2 hits so it's not rewarding that I sacrificed inf over at gun.
24 Sep 2014, 07:16 AM

I think the easiest way to fix the Kübel is to give it a 180 second cool down at the beginning of the game.
After two weeks players have adapted and it's not that much of a problem anymore.
24 Sep 2014, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 06:58 AMJaigen

You know this once again sounds very much what a ost player faces when he faces he faces maxim spam with guards. their is a lot of whine of players. but to be honest not one of you buys the zooka and then complain that you dont have anti vehicle options.

It might be similarish... but not really.

Maxim requires building, it's not as mobile as Kübel (certainly not as fast). There has been demos where Kübel drives near Allies base when first unit has barely come out. Maxim needs T2 and building the actual unit. By this time there could be multiple units out.
24 Sep 2014, 07:44 AM

In teamgames Kubel is a nightmare for my as Allie, and it's awesome as OKW.
It can shut Allies in base for realy long time.
It needs to be fix somehow.

1. Make it doctrinal 0 CP in place of HMG (put HMG to T0)
2. Make it avaible since 1 truck is converted.
3. Leave it in T0 but nerf it (less hp, slower rotation, anything).

It's so frustrating that even ZiS can't take it in one shot.
Many times in teamgames one guy takes ZiS at the beggining to repel Kubels but like I said, lowe chance to hit, needs 2 hits so it's not rewarding that I sacrificed inf over at gun.

You realize a PaK-40 can't kill a M3 in a single shot? That's how it is, Relic put it into the code that vehicles, being significant investments shouldn't necessarily be one shot.
24 Sep 2014, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 07:44 AMSierra

You realize a PaK-40 can't kill a M3 in a single shot? That's how it is, Relic put it into the code that vehicles, being significant investments shouldn't necessarily be one shot.

yup, Kubelshouldn't be one shotted to. but did you realized that M-3 also cost feul and Kubeldoesn't.
IMO kubels should get more armor and cost 10 feul.
24 Sep 2014, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 07:44 AMSierra

M3 is bigger than Kubel (which I understand in this case as more durable. Needs a Tier and cost fuel.

And since Kubel is not easy to hit it should be 1-shot unit (if it will stay they way it is).
Very, very high reward so it should be high risk also which means 1 AT gun hit.
24 Sep 2014, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 07:09 AMCruzz

1. Kubel takes 3 hits to kill with a zooka

2. Zooka accuracy against Kubel is 0% at the range Kubel can suppress you at (seeing as it has more range), and 50% if you somehow manage to get into zooka range when not suppressed. Less than 10% if you happen to get suppressed by it or one of the other half a dozen kubels in the area.

3. Zookas cost 60 munitions each, while you start with 0 and have maybe 15 income for the first 6 minutes before an m20 can try break you out...except getting a zooka means that'll be first 8 minutes by which the puma is already chilling out next to your base or the obersoldaten production line has started producing some balanced axis infantry to welcome you. *

*In fact I suspect you get more zookas out by the 7 minute mark by making two m20s instead of trying to tech for zookas. Not that zooka is in any way a realistic counter to Kubel, even the (lol) BAR does better.

I'm sure you are making this magically work with your german wundermagic.

Meanwhile, what do I do against maxim spam as ostheer? Grenspam. What do I do against maximspam as okw? Volkspam. And it works pretty much every single time, maxims have always been the weaker of the sniper/maxim start choice since over a year ago.

in short your not willing to adept. the counters to the m3/dodge early game has always been the shrek. perhaps you should do the same.
24 Sep 2014, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:31 AMJaigen

in short your not willing to adept. the counters to the m3/dodge early game has always been the dodge. perhaps you should do the same.

Amazing, that made...no sense at all.

And don't worry, I've adapted by not playing USF at all anymore.
24 Sep 2014, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 07:19 AMFlamee

It might be similarish... but not really.

Maxim requires building, it's not as mobile as Kübel (certainly not as fast). There has been demos where Kübel drives near Allies base when first unit has barely come out. Maxim needs T2 and building the actual unit. By this time there could be multiple units out.

i dont disagree but the kubel has advantages as well as disadvantaged as well. its unlike the standard mg vulnerable to anti vehicle abilities has a retreat button or can hide in buildings. both the maxim and the m3 can be used from the very start of the game. the whole teching cost argument is not valid.
24 Sep 2014, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:37 AMCruzz

Amazing, that made...no sense at all.

And don't worry, I've adapted by not playing USF at all anymore.

well i copy pasted that wrong tired as i was. but suffice to say you have the zooka and the RE to combine that and you have an effective vehicle hunter
24 Sep 2014, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 09:27 AMJaigen

well i copy pasted that wrong tired as i was. but suffice to say you have the zooka and the RE to combine that and you have an effective vehicle hunter

Except it is not effective by any measure against the Kubel, the BAR does in fact decrease time to kill on Kubel by more than the zooka. But both are absolutely horrible choices which will always lead you to lose the game against anyone with even half a brain.
24 Sep 2014, 12:03 PM

No tear down please. A narrower arc of fire and less health will do the trick.
24 Sep 2014, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:31 AMJaigen

in short your not willing to adept. the counters to the m3/dodge early game has always been the shrek. perhaps you should do the same.

This is just brilliant.

Hey, lets reverse last ISU nerfs, telling people who cry(you among many of them) to adapt and call it a day!

Also, give Kubel 10-15 fuel cost and we can talk about adapting.
24 Sep 2014, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 12:08 PMKatitof

This is just brilliant.

Hey, lets reverse last ISU nerfs, telling people who cry(you among many of them) to adapt and call it a day!

Holy shit what a straw men and epic fail.
24 Sep 2014, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 12:59 PMJaigen

You were the one to say to adapt to a unit that every single sane player of literally any rank and game mode recognizes as overpowered(maybe except Dane and you, lolcake sturm lieutenants).

You were the first one to post something completely retarded first.
24 Sep 2014, 13:35 PM

Also, assuming bazookas are an intended counter, the kubel comes out literally minutes before this intended counter. USF basically has to hide in buildings the first couple minutes of the game - the only unit that can kill one with a flank is the Assault Engineer. Flanking with Rifles early game is not effective.
24 Sep 2014, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 13:01 PMKatitof

You were the one to say to adapt to a unit that every single sane player of literally any rank and game mode recognizes as overpowered(maybe except Dane and you, lolcake sturm lieutenants).

Holy ad hominem batman and even more epic fail
24 Sep 2014, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 12:59 PMJaigen

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 13:01 PMKatitof

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 13:53 PMJaigen

Holy ad hominem batman and even more epic fail

Guys get a room will you?

Next post is even somehow related to original subject. I don't want to see this argument anymore.
24 Sep 2014, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 12:08 PMKatitof

This is just brilliant.

Hahahaha +1

Kubel is a pain in the ass to counter in team games. I am not sure how to fix it but it is very crippling. It can quickly zoom to a VP/fuel point and basically hold it with Sturmpio help. It is actually fairly difficult to flank as a Soviet player because Sturmpios always support the wagon.
24 Sep 2014, 14:20 PM

Permanently Banned
This thread turned into a shitfest real fast...

"L2P", "Adapt", and people trying to (and failing) define logical fallacies everywhere.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★