Login

russian armor

USF and mobile rocket artillery

24 Sep 2014, 23:31 PM

While OKW, Ostheer and Soviets have nondoctrinal rocket artillery the Americans have nothing of the like. The closest thing to support artillery is the majors artillery strike that costs quite some munitions(that cant be depended as a stable artillery support, since you dont have 120 munis available every 60-70 Seconds)and the scott must be really close to do any damage. Why cant the americans get some rocket artillery?

Assymetric Balance

24 Sep 2014, 23:34 PM

Asymmetric balance my ass.

Imagine an RTS where not every faction had a siege unit. Heavy artillery in this game IS the equivalent of a siege weapon. The Scott and pack howitzer are glorified mortars with relatively short range.

The only true heavy siege weapon the US gets is the priest, which is doctrinal only. This isn't sufficient.
24 Sep 2014, 23:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wait for the new commanders :MVGame:
25 Sep 2014, 02:55 AM

Yeah, one of US's biggest weakness is the lack of key units. No heavy tanks I can stomach, but your only reliable artillery being doctrinal is a bit much. Especially since the Priest is more expensive and still worse than the Katyusha and Stuka (haven't used Pwerfer in ages).

As a result, US can have a very, very hard time breaking through a determined defense. Thus making them even more map-dependant than they should be.
25 Sep 2014, 03:24 AM
Donator 11

I feel like the problem isn't that the US lacks key units, but that the things that make up for that are not preforming well enough for that to work.

I also wish the scott was doctrinal rather than the priest :/.
25 Sep 2014, 03:31 AM

Yeah, one of US's biggest weakness is the lack of key units. No heavy tanks I can stomach, but your only reliable artillery being doctrinal is a bit much. Especially since the Priest is more expensive and still worse than the Katyusha and Stuka (haven't used Pwerfer in ages).

As a result, US can have a very, very hard time breaking through a determined defense. Thus making them even more map-dependant than they should be.

I agree being light and mobile Is OK but they need to be able to punish campy play more b/c sometimes you can't just flank and harass them.

Also the panzerwerfer is terrible i've bought like 30 of them this patch in 4v4s they kill about half as many units as the Katusha and never wipe squads(unless you use artillery officer with them then they are good). Thing needs a buff
25 Sep 2014, 03:34 AM

Just like in CoH, the first two factions are asymmetrical but still have rough equivelancies in core units, but then the next two factions are silly and gimmicky in many ways, lacking many core units.
25 Sep 2014, 03:57 AM

Just like in CoH, the first two factions are asymmetrical but still have rough equivelancies in core units, but then the next two factions are silly and gimmicky in many ways, lacking many core units.

Well, the WFA armies are nowhere near as bad as the Brits, and I thought the PE was a nice faction once the balance problems got sorted out.

But it's true that the new factions tend to be more gimmicky. Pity, the factions that were added in DOW2's xpacs were the most interesting, well rounded in the game, I thought Relic would follow up on that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★