Login

russian armor

Should the blitzkrieg ability cost fuel?

19 Sep 2014, 22:19 PM

T34's that fail to ram get an engine overheated critical.

That would explain why I've never seen it :P
20 Sep 2014, 01:06 AM

T34 ram has that, yes.

Ramming gives 2 * movespeed and ignores heavy snow for 2.5 seconds. If until then the tank does not connect to another object it gets the "vehicle_damaged_rear_ram" critical. Not entirely sure, but it seems to disable movement for 5 seconds.

I think that would be a bit too drastic for the Blitz ability, as it's biggest use is usually to get into range of something to take it out. I personally would rather have Blitz ramping up a bit slower (so it's less of an direct speed buff, but takes like 5 seconds), then moves at that movespeed for 5 or 10 seconds. After these the ability basically goes into reverse, slowing down over 5 seconds to normal speed and then another 5 seconds to 50% speed and 50% turret rotation for 5/10 seconds and then to normal.
I think such comparatively big numbers (~40 seconds total, 20 positive, 20 negative) would be needed in order for it to have some tactical impact.
20 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM
Patrion 14

Blitzkrieg should cost fuel, yes. More fuel on the heavier tanks. I am thinking 10 fuel on PzIVs and 20 on Tigers. Yeah yeah, 20 fuel is a lot, I know, but then, so is having a Tiger with Sherman speed.

Combat blitz for OKW - same, maybe smaller fuel cost due to the whole reduced fuel income thing and the fact it is much shorter.

Alternatively, disable reversing while blitz, or disable its effects for as long as vehicle is reversing.
20 Sep 2014, 13:15 PM

Saying it again and will always repeat it:

Blitzkrieg should only be engaged when blitzing in enemy lines, not out.
It should not be able to be engaged when in combat, only when you are 5 sec out. The get out of jail free card is no problem than.
20 Sep 2014, 13:18 PM

No, it shouldn't cost feul.
But the secure mode ability from the sov tanks should get a rework.
20 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

T34 ram has that, yes.

Ramming gives 2 * movespeed and ignores heavy snow for 2.5 seconds. If until then the tank does not connect to another object it gets the "vehicle_damaged_rear_ram" critical. Not entirely sure, but it seems to disable movement for 5 seconds.

It doesn't disable movement, it just cripples it as if the tank was engine damaged, but it goes away after few secs. It actually does make sense to apply the same to blitz.
20 Sep 2014, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2014, 14:41 PMKatitof

It doesn't disable movement, it just cripples it as if the tank was engine damaged, but it goes away after few secs. It actually does make sense to apply the same to blitz.

Pssst....don't let them hear it ;)
21 Sep 2014, 10:18 AM

5 fuel per blitz sounds reasonable, 10 might be a little too much. Good idea nevertheless.
21 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

Blitsz shouln't cost feul, like no other unit ability.
it only shouldn't be a easy escape.
21 Sep 2014, 11:25 AM

The fuel idea sounds nice but when you think about it a bit more it could fuck up too much. Would be alot easier to just add a bad side effect, as many had already suggested, to compensate for the fast speed. Maybe have them get an engine overheat for 5-10sec after the usage of blitz. Or, alternatively, (which I personally prefer) dont let them use blitz in a combat situation to begin with. Then there wont be a get out of jail free card, ever.

Cause if you think about it, lets pretend you add a fuel cost or make it have a bad side effect. The tank will still more or less get out of jail free and then suffer the side effects or you fuck up your enemies armour, which compensates for the fuel cost. In the end, the allies will still be complaining about blitz even with changed costs or side effects and relic will go overboard with the nerf hammer again.

Simply not letting you use blitz in combat wouldnt pose that problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 49
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak