Login

russian armor

Bars are the worst upgrade in the game.

18 Sep 2014, 21:45 PM

If you want a constructive discussion, then please try to not showcase stuff in the way that profits your points omitting anything that doesn't fit.

I can also present stuff in a way that makes it look huge, even with the oh-so bad BAR.

USF Riflemen Garand long range DPS is 1.46
USF Riflemen BAR long range DPS is 2.95

THAT'S 203% THE DMG!!!!!!

If you compare that with the G43

Grenadier Kar-98k long range DPS is 1.97
Grenadier G43 long range DPS is 1.98

That's only a 0.5% improvement.

So USF gets a 103% improvement for 60 munition, while Ostheer gets two 0.5% improvements for 45 munition? BALANCE PLEASE! Even more WTF, USF CAN GET THAT IMPROVEMENT TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you compare such weapons there are many more factors than just the DPS at one single range. LMG is a long range improvement that decreases the closer you get. At 0 range it has close to no improvement. Additionally you cannot use it on the move.

The BAR on the other hand is another kind of upgrade. It's a straight upgrade. It's profile is extremely similar to the Garand one, so there is not one range where it really is a "giant" upgrade, but it just adds like ~4 DPS at every range. Additionally the BAR offers better moving modifiers than the Garand.

So in total I think the BAR is a bit too weak right now, but not much. ~5% or such maybe, if you want to buff it more DPS wise you probably should lower the utility buffs (Firing on the move stuff).

Edit: Probably best would be best to decrease long range damage a bit more, but increase mid damage to emphasize it's a mobility short/mid range upgrade. This would also help to differentiate it more from the M1919A6

Edit2: Fixed the numbers. Thanks Cruzzie.

Anyone thinking OP is right just needs to read this post by Milka then unbunch their panties.

If it doesn't convince you continue by reading Jinseual's post.

Rifleman are very good from the very start of the game and continue to be good with BARs at he correct range.
18 Sep 2014, 21:47 PM

Conscript: "At least you have your own LMG"
18 Sep 2014, 22:20 PM

tldr; The BAR is good on the move.

That's like the only pro about it but congrats for ignoring the fact that 99% of the players in the game will take cover and your rifles will be forced to be standing still in cover shooting back at them.
18 Sep 2014, 23:44 PM
Patrion 15

It seems everyone wants to forget that you have to spend MP and FUEL before you have to spend AMMO and that you have to return to base losing map control while you do it.

Meanwhile the AXIS players just spend AMMO and can do it everywhere in the map.

I only use grenade (Smoke is needed) and the M1919A6 Browning LMG that comes with the Infantry Company because you don't have to spend MP and Fuel for it.

They could keep the weapon rack at base but make them cost only AMMO while having to go back to base to get them.
19 Sep 2014, 00:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Anyone thinking OP is right just needs to read this post by Milka then unbunch their panties.

If it doesn't convince you continue by reading Jinseual's post.

Rifleman are very good from the very start of the game and continue to be good with BARs at he correct range.

So, i guess you didn't read the part where he said they might be a bit too weak right now.

And OP statement might remain true: Bars are the worst upgrade in the game (for cost, teching and performance)

PD: eventhough i feel that the Stormtroopers upgrade is a bit worst (100muni for PGs hmmm...)
19 Sep 2014, 01:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge

So, i guess you didn't read the part where he said they might be a bit too weak right now.

And OP statement might remain true: Bars are the worst upgrade in the game (for cost, teching and performance)

PD: eventhough i feel that the Stormtroopers upgrade is a bit worst (100muni for PGs hmmm...)

What about G43s on PGrens?
19 Sep 2014, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 23:44 PMwillyto
It seems everyone wants to forget that you have to spend MP and FUEL before you have to spend AMMO and that you have to return to base losing map control while you do it.

Meanwhile the AXIS players just spend AMMO and can do it everywhere in the map.

I only use grenade (Smoke is needed) and the M1919A6 Browning LMG that comes with the Infantry Company because you don't have to spend MP and Fuel for it.

They could keep the weapon rack at base but make them cost only AMMO while having to go back to base to get them.

I agree with this. Could do the same for bazookas.

If they are kept bad, don't make them slow teching.

Otherwise buff them up a bit (especially bazookas).
19 Sep 2014, 05:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You get AWESOME UTILITY with interrogation :snfPeter:

PG dps is good already, you are just changing a bit of close DPS for double DPS at far range and increase DPS while on move.

19 Sep 2014, 05:45 AM

You get AWESOME UTILITY with interrogation :snfPeter:

PG dps is good already, you are just changing a bit of close DPS for double DPS at far range and increase DPS while on move.

Lol, the su76/85 approves of this.
19 Sep 2014, 10:15 AM

BAR was discussed. #TrustInReric
19 Sep 2014, 10:23 AM

#TrustInReric

After last nights stream it might be... challenging :banana:
Allies have just a single cost effective weapon upgrade-m1919.

New allies motto:

"Just stay there and take it"
19 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 10:23 AMKatitof

New allies motto:

"Just stay there and take it"

It's a new quote from Maxim crew, if you press retreat button.
19 Sep 2014, 14:45 PM

Actually i looked at the numbers after i did this comparison and the G43s make Pgrens worse at every range except for 29-35, at which they are marginally better so they are the worst upgrade in the game thread was a lie, will update first post :oops:
19 Sep 2014, 16:52 PM

1. Bars on Paras --> Worst Idea every
2. Bars on Riflemen --> good overall DPS buff, but far from being to good.
3. Bars on Rear Echelons --> extrem DPS buff, great synergy with suppresive fire. One Bar alone gives 75%-90% extra dmg to the Squad.

Since the USAF can choose which Soldiers should get weapons, I always equip RE, because they profit the most, are cheap to reinforce and the only downside is that they get 10% less Accuracy with Vet compared to Riflemen. And funnly enough, they can carry 2 weapons and 1 Minesweeper.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★