Login

russian armor

4v4

16 Sep 2014, 11:12 AM

I can't even comment on the abysimal balance - just look at the stats i just posted in another thread.

But i have a suggestion:

Introduce the KV85 as a nondoctrinal tank, that matches a Panther in price and performance. Soviet balance issues solved.

16 Sep 2014, 11:44 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Ok, new serious problem just arrived. Trolls. I had few games with guys who do not have any commanders or bulletins and they simply do nothing. They are not afk, they are writing that they are trollig casue it's impossible to win as Allies vs Axis. They simply do nothing as a protest against unbalance.

OMG

the boycott has begun.

run the hills!!!!!
16 Sep 2014, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 11:44 AMnigo

OMG

the boycott has begun.

run the hills!!!!!

There you have it, unofficial statement from Relic about importance of 4v4 balance. Trolling you as well
16 Sep 2014, 11:53 AM
Senior Editor Badge

There you have it, unofficial statement from Relic about importance of 4v4 balance

on a serious note:

Relic deserve that.

Sad day :(
16 Sep 2014, 11:53 AM

Ok, new serious problem just arrived. Trolls. I had few games with guys who do not have any commanders or bulletins and they simply do nothing. They are not afk, they are writing that they are trollig casue it's impossible to win as Allies vs Axis. They simply do nothing as a protest against unbalance.

You see the problem isn't that the game is horribly unbalanced (It does need some work). The problem is that a number of casual players: A.Need to L2P, B.Go AFK while searching for games, and/or C.Are douche-bags. Unfortunately Relic can never solve any of those 3 problems, so there will always be unbalance complaint threads.

If you are joining a 4v4 and then proceed to do nothing as "protest", then you are a douche-bag. You are ruining the experience for 3 other people by not contributing to a team game. Guess what?! Relic is NEVER GOING TO SEE YOUR NOT PLAYING PROTEST, they don't sit there all day looking at every game played. So L2P, pay attention to your search, and quit being a douche-bag.
16 Sep 2014, 11:57 AM

I can't even comment on the abysimal balance - just look at the stats i just posted in another thread.

But i have a suggestion:

Introduce the KV85 as a nondoctrinal tank, that matches a Panther in price and performance. Soviet balance issues solved.

That would make KV-1 tank in counterattack commander 3 completely useless
16 Sep 2014, 12:10 PM

There are only 2 issues with 4v4

1. Automatch 4v4 never has 8 equally skilled players

Allies (read Soviet) are infinitely harder for less skilled player to use
Weak player on Axis side becomes threat with heavy tanks, weak player on allies side gradually becomes worse liability and harder to carry as match progresses.

2. It's a lot easier to abuse weaknesses or OP units in team games than 1v1

Both issues are to do with core army designs and that will never change.

Same goes for 2v2

If you want balanced (playable) 4v4 game, you have to find group of players with equal skill and play amongst eachother.
Its always been like that, even in COH1.
Play custom games with friends
16 Sep 2014, 12:19 PM

I don't think it's so hard to tweak core soviets without doing major overhauls.
But hey, it's Relic
We buff conscripts, but make them drop faster.
Then we fix some bugs, making your mediocre medium tank even worse.
And the last, get your AT guns to the graveyard.

16 Sep 2014, 12:20 PM

That would make KV-1 tank in counterattack commander 3 completely useless

It is already.
16 Sep 2014, 12:29 PM

It is already.

Not quite. Still better than T-34-76 :)
16 Sep 2014, 12:39 PM

I don't think it's so hard to tweak core soviets without doing major overhauls.
But hey, it's Relic
We buff conscripts, but make them drop faster.
Then we fix some bugs, making your mediocre medium tank even worse.
And the last, get your AT guns to the graveyard.

Every little tweak Relic makes for 1v1 balance, affects 4v4 by many multiples. And that doesn't even take into account spammability of units, synergy between units in multyplayer games. Ease with which one team can jump tiers and get units out faster, without being left completely exposed as in 1v1. etc
This multiplies effects by many folds again.

This doesn't mean that Relic shouldn't keep in mind 4v4 when they balance and try to make all modes at least playable, if not balanced.

But my previous point remains, Automatch and 4v4 don't mix well together. You can iron out a lot of inbalances if you play with friends in custom match.
16 Sep 2014, 12:44 PM

You see the problem isn't that the game is horribly unbalanced (It does need some work). The problem is that a number of casual players: A.Need to L2P, B.Go AFK while searching for games, and/or C.Are douche-bags. Unfortunately Relic can never solve any of those 3 problems, so there will always be unbalance complaint threads.

If you are joining a 4v4 and then proceed to do nothing as "protest", then you are a douche-bag. You are ruining the experience for 3 other people by not contributing to a team game. Guess what?! Relic is NEVER GOING TO SEE YOUR NOT PLAYING PROTEST, they don't sit there all day looking at every game played. So L2P, pay attention to your search, and quit being a douche-bag.

Why I'm feeling like you are talking to me while I'm not troll and I do my best in every game?

Not quite. Still better than T-34-76 :)

Well, I could argue with You :)

Sure, it has better armor, but it comes too late, can't flank anything so in the end it is worse.
16 Sep 2014, 13:49 PM

Why I'm feeling like you are talking to me while I'm not troll and I do my best in every game?

Not addressing you, but all those casuals who fit into the above 3 categories who come to view threads like this to complain that Volks are OP and Shock troops need a buff. ;)
16 Sep 2014, 14:04 PM

1 point of fuel on big maps.
17 Sep 2014, 19:55 PM

Hum i have just made a post (new tread) for nothing ... I see that the resistance is well and alive. Frankly, what fun it is now to play COH2 : a real pain if you are playing allied, and most of the time no challenge at all to win as axis. So long soldiers. If Relic do something abought it, i will reconsider.
17 Sep 2014, 20:22 PM

yes, if you happen to not have aspergers and have 3 friends who want to play coh 2 as allies, you're going to be fighting an uphill battle every game

it doesn't have to be that way, but delusional relic apologists want to see team games remain broken some unknown reason

and don't tell me that it's not possible, games far less successful than the coh franchise have done a better job of team games than this
17 Sep 2014, 20:34 PM

There are only 2 issues with 4v4

1. Automatch 4v4 never has 8 equally skilled players

Allies (read Soviet) are infinitely harder for less skilled player to use
Weak player on Axis side becomes threat with heavy tanks, weak player on allies side gradually becomes worse liability and harder to carry as match progresses.

2. It's a lot easier to abuse weaknesses or OP units in team games than 1v1

Both issues are to do with core army designs and that will never change.

Same goes for 2v2

If you want balanced (playable) 4v4 game, you have to find group of players with equal skill and play amongst eachother.
Its always been like that, even in COH1.
Play custom games with friends
That's not the issue. These are things that are inherent in large team games. Are they problems yes, but it's not why the matches are completely one sided 15 minutes into the game.

The problem is that one sides endgame is simply better then the other sides. At the end of the day the side using tigers, king tigers, jagdtigers, and pak 40s are simply better then the other side using t34s and shermans. No one is asking for 4v4 to be super competitive, just that it not be so horrendously one sided.
17 Sep 2014, 20:42 PM

I deleted COH2 from both machines. Problem solved.

I'll lurk here and complain once in a while as I wait for there to be a major change in the games meta. :)

17 Sep 2014, 20:45 PM

Maybe Relic should just make a paid DLC MP mode centered on 4v4 team games? So not a regular skirmish, but rather something designed to be fun and balanced with teams of four.

17 Sep 2014, 20:55 PM

It would be nice if Relic provided us with numbers on:

1. How many players looking for a game
2. Searching as which faction
3. Searching for which game type and faction searching as
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %