Login

russian armor

Okw Balance

3 Sep 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2014, 21:00 PMJaigen

stop being a failfish and try putting words in my mouth. also you fail because its widely acknowledged that ami's and soviets have the stronger starting position.

And? OKW and Ost have better lategame. I don't understand how that can be a reason to buff units.

BTW, soviet stronger early game doesn't rely at all on conscripts and penals, so buffing volks won't change anything.
and
3 Sep 2014, 22:11 PM

I don't even think OKW is bad in 1v1. Decent Sturmpio micro in the early game followed up by the use of Obersoldaten late game is extremely difficult to deal with. At best, they're balanced in 1v1. In team games, especially because of the trucks, OKW is completely broken.

This
3 Sep 2014, 22:18 PM

Dont see a problem with volks, any decent buff will make this unit OP. But kubel is good for small survival buff, and AA HT needs to get a new gunner, this one is probably blind.
3 Sep 2014, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2014, 18:44 PMJaigen

Wait are you suggesting that cons do not get vet or something?

I'm suggesting you stop being dense as brick and read stats and vet comparison you were given here which mathematically proves against every single word you've said about volks, but implication of this would be you admitting to being wrong(again), which we all know will not happen.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2014, 20:32 PMJaigen

And the wheel keeps turning and turning and turning. didnt i already mention that veterancy shouldn't affect unit balance and all units need to be judged at vet 0.

Cool, lets make cons get 4 DP-28 at vet1 and 2 armor at vet2 and keep calling them underpowered, because its vet0 that we need to take into account, because no unit ever gets vet in coh2.

See how wrong(yet again) you are here?

Veterancy DOES affect unit balance and does that in a great extend, because it directly transfers into units performance in later stages of the game.

You can still pretend vet doesn't exist if you like thou, a nice dose of denial now and then is good for your health I've heard.
4 Sep 2014, 02:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2014, 21:00 PMJaigen

stop being a failfish and try putting words in my mouth. also you fail because its widely acknowledged that ami's and soviets have the stronger starting position.

Citation needed.

All the good players I saw speak well of OKW's early game in general, with some reservations towards Maxims and Snipers which will probably get a look at. One thing's for sure, if conscripts are beating you in early game as OKW, you need to rethink your tactics quite heavily, as your entire early game might as well be designed to stomp them in the ground given it can face the much stronger rifles and come out on top.
4 Sep 2014, 12:10 PM

I think most of OKW units are performing as they should.

Stuka is still ridiculous, and I think the Jagdtiger should take a damage penalty for shooting through terrain/buildings, but aside from that I think they're in a good spot.
4 Sep 2014, 12:47 PM

I think the Jagdtiger should take a damage penalty for shooting through terrain/buildings, but aside from that I think they're in a good spot.

It shouldn't shoot through terrain/buildings at all.
4 Sep 2014, 14:46 PM

Maybe it is a learn to play problem, but I absolutely hate playing against the OKW early game. I play Soviets, and their units are often very fragile. The Sturmpio squads that OKW have just absolutely wreck SOviet infantry early game. It feels like if you lose the first engagement, the game is over.

It is also extremely frustrating to play against high-damage units such as Panzerfusiliers and Jaegers, who can wreck you from faraway. All OKW units except sturmpios seem to have grenades as well and the volks get schrecks! Seems like the faction really has everything except midgame tanks (but get nondoc KT).
4 Sep 2014, 14:56 PM

Permanently Banned
Maybe it is a learn to play problem, but I absolutely hate playing against the OKW early game. I play Soviets, and their units are often very fragile. The Sturmpio squads that OKW have just absolutely wreck SOviet infantry early game. It feels like if you lose the first engagement, the game is over.

It is also extremely frustrating to play against high-damage units such as Panzerfusiliers and Jaegers, who can wreck you from faraway. All OKW units except sturmpios seem to have grenades as well and the volks get schrecks! Seems like the faction really has everything except midgame tanks (but get nondoc KT).

Yet. USF gets crap AT, rifles that melt in the late game, one elite infantry unit, and no heavy.

THANKS RELIC
4 Sep 2014, 15:24 PM

You havent played a single ranked axis match.
4 Sep 2014, 15:50 PM

Hey man it was jsut my observation. purely subjective
4 Sep 2014, 15:54 PM

In CoH2 comeback is possible if u lost every single unit on field even on mid game. Talking about 2v2 here.

It is also extremely frustrating to play against high-damage units such as Panzerfusiliers and Jaegers, who can wreck you from faraway.

To be honest that two units are doctorinal, u probably meant Obersoldaten, panzerfusiliers are good after they god 90 muni upgrade, but on mid/close range. Not very effective at long range even with upgrade.
4 Sep 2014, 15:56 PM

Jaigen, you constantly compare conscripts to volks at vet0, scaling is a very important factor: especially for axis in general, both factions tend to play defensively in the early part of the game, and focus on unit preservation to turn the table later in the game with superior veterancy on infantry, and superior armor in general. Also you state that the conscripts are OP when compared to volks, because they have one more man in the squad. Does it really matter when you have less dps ? They tend to lose one man in the approach most of the time, which means that the fight is at worst an even trade at close range, and you should be avoiding the close range like the plague, by kiting, or even better, if you convert one truck early, by denying them a path to you with a nade. I'm no pro, and no, i'm not an allied player, but i don't think Volks are UP in any way. They cost 235, are decent at all ranges, and scale like beasts (if you preserve them, which is definitely possible with a 5 man squad that gets -RA bonus on almost every vet level).
4 Sep 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2014, 15:56 PMSlaYoU
Jaigen, you constantly compare conscripts to volks at vet0, scaling is a very important factor: especially for axis in general, both factions tend to play defensively in the early part of the game, and focus on unit preservation to turn the table later in the game with superior veterancy

Veterancy is something i never take into account when balancing units. units need to perform at vet 0 and currently volks are a bit up for cost and need a slight buff. also the veterancy of the volks is not that great compared to the other okw units. If volks scale insanely i really would like your opinion on the vet that panzer fusiliers or obers get.

people are currently freaking out even when i have not suggested what kind of i want for the volks.
but volks only need a minor buff of 10-13 % dps increase over all ranges to make them balanced.
4 Sep 2014, 20:46 PM

Well if Volks scale insanely, there would be no reason to build anything but volks.

But by your logic, combat engineers need a buff, sturmpios need a nerf, conscripts need a buff, so basically all vet0 units need to be equalized
4 Sep 2014, 21:03 PM

Well if Volks scale insanely, there would be no reason to build anything but volks.

But by your logic, combat engineers need a buff, sturmpios need a nerf, conscripts need a buff, so basically all vet0 units need to be equalized

i suggest you play a few axis games before you post again.
4 Sep 2014, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2014, 21:03 PMJaigen

i suggest you play a few axis games before you post again.

I suggest you do the same with OKW before you'll start buff rampage next time.
4 Sep 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2014, 20:43 PMJaigen

Veterancy is something i never take into account when balancing units. units need to perform at vet 0 and currently volks are a bit up for cost and need a slight buff. also the veterancy of the volks is not that great compared to the other okw units. If volks scale insanely i really would like your opinion on the vet that panzer fusiliers or obers get.

people are currently freaking out even when i have not suggested what kind of i want for the volks.
but volks only need a minor buff of 10-13 % dps increase over all ranges to make them balanced.

Well it's there, like it or not, and it is a way to balance things. OKW have generally more expensive units (vehicles mostly) which is offset by having 5 veterancy levels. P4 I'm pretty sure is balanced around its amazing vet 2 bonus. Many units that are simply OK at vet 0 become great at vet 1 (StuG being a big example, there are others) because of a specific bonus or ability.

Also, attacking anyone's playercard without publishing your own is highly hypocritical.
5 Sep 2014, 08:40 AM

Well it's there, like it or not, and it is a way to balance things. OKW have generally more expensive units (vehicles mostly) which is offset by having 5 veterancy levels. P4 I'm pretty sure is balanced around its amazing vet 2 bonus. Many units that are simply OK at vet 0 become great at vet 1 (StuG being a big example, there are others) because of a specific bonus or ability.

Also, attacking anyone's playercard without publishing your own is highly hypocritical.

OMFG did i just read this correctly? they have vet 5 because they have more expensive units? thats is the most ignorant comment i have heard for a very long time on this board. If you havent noticed the most expensive units in this game are nearly impossible to vet up. i managed to get sturmtiger to vet 3 once when it managed to kill 80 enemies including 2 t-34's. fat chance of you ever seeing a vet 5 super heavy among the okw or even the panther. its nearly fucking impossible and as far as im concerned these units do not even have vet 4 or 5.

5 Sep 2014, 09:07 AM

Well, getting to Vet 5 with some units is definately impossible.

Few examples:

I got usually Walking Stuka to Vet 2, very rarely to Vet 3, never get to unlock flame barrage on Vet 4.

Luchs need probably 100+ kills to get Vet 4-5?

Panther - Vet 4 once, didnt remember how much kills.

King Tiger - got to Vet 4 few times, saw somebody in team game get to Vet 5 once.

Jagdpanzer - got to Vet 4-5 very rarely, but its possible.

Obers - got them to Vet 5 once in some crazy 4v4 game with 45+ kills i think.

Flak truck - never above Vet 3.

Volks, Pfusilliers, Puma and Raketeren - thats probably only units which can get to Vet 5 easily, with decent micro.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight