Login

russian armor

Spamm or skill ?

29 Aug 2014, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 10:33 AMFlamee
Ok, this is about right time that this thread takes a few steps towards the original tracks or then this discussion is over and percentages will be counted in some other thread.

On topic:

Based on my yesterdays games, I would really like Relic to implement some kind of penalty when blobbing too much. I understand that US is really depended on that but too much is too much. I think at the moment it is too rewarding.

IMO there should be some sort of reduce in units status if blobbing over 3 squads (or four, this was just example). That would reward then again more flanking. I know flanking is still valuable game mechanic but atleast in early game this issue is really frustrating when you don't yet have the tools to control the blobs.

What do you guys think?
I agree with this though I think the penalty should appear when you group 3 squads together.

e.g.: I've never had to group more than 8 grenadiers(Ost), 10 Volksgrenadiers and Riflemen (OKW and USF) and 12 Conscripts (Soviet) together to fight the enemy. If I go 12 grenadiers I think I should suffer the penalty for the mini blob. It would only be fair to the other player.
29 Aug 2014, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 10:33 AMFlamee
Ok, this is about right time that this thread takes a few steps towards the original tracks or then this discussion is over and percentages will be counted in some other thread.

On topic:

Based on my yesterdays games, I would really like Relic to implement some kind of penalty when blobbing too much. I understand that US is really depended on that but too much is too much. I think at the moment it is too rewarding.

IMO there should be some sort of reduce in units status if blobbing over 3 squads (or four, this was just example). That would reward then again more flanking. I know flanking is still valuable game mechanic but atleast in early game this issue is really frustrating when you don't yet have the tools to control the blobs.

What do you guys think?

It would be rather logic that there's a reduced accuracy becuase you don't wanna shoot your ally :p
29 Aug 2014, 12:08 PM

It would be rather logic that there's a reduced accuracy becuase you don't wanna shoot your ally :p

Well this would be a great solution. Also it would make sense.

Also I meant that grouping the squads is the issue here. I don't care if someone uses strat with many same infantry units.
29 Aug 2014, 12:35 PM

Back to topic, indeed, i think a received accuracy penalty would be appropriate, since shooting at a group of people is far easier than shooting individual soldiers in cover.

Say for example that squads too close to eachother should have some kind of red cover, like being caught out in the open (for example on a road). I think it would be hard to implement, as making the distinction between 3-4 squads blobbing and 2 squads covering eachother closely would be rather hard, but the idea is worth mentioning.
29 Aug 2014, 12:40 PM

You definitely want to shoot the ally in front of you. His fault for getting in your rifle's way :lol:
29 Aug 2014, 13:13 PM

The main issue is that each of us has his definition of blobbing.

Independently from numbers of squads in the same area, we face other issues like squad function in the group.

Let's take a 3 squads example, it can works with 4 squads as well:

Is it blobbing to have a engineer minesweeper with 2 volks/penals/rifles/whatever going forward?
Is it blobbing to have a dedicated AI long range squad close to a AI short range squad and close to a AT squad?

Why would they suffer penalties? Only because they are close to each other?

In the same idea, you may have regrouped them around your truck to heal them, and you're now under attack. Would you agree to suffer penalties for that?

What we call blobbing is attacking, most likely with a A-move in a direction. But there are many others situation where you aren't blobbing but keep your squads close to each other.

This brings me to say that blobbing isn't the issue in fact. Blobbing in the early game isn't an issue because counters exist: MG/HMG/AI trucks, they all rip of blobs.
The problem comes when the blob squads gain extra weapons and vet. The blob becomes at this time too much effective and an MG/HMG cannot handle it anymore alone.
Additional blob extra weapons + vet is superior than MG/HMG vet. Trucks are quite ok but when comes the late game are too vulnerable to ATguns,med tanks and heavy tanks.

What I propose is to found a way to better buff MG/HMG in the late game so it can continue to counter blobs.
I think their DPS with vet is enough, increasing it would brings some negative side effects.

As ideas to improve those counters, going with veterancy:
- better resistance to grenade
- faster deployment rate
- larger sigh of vision or larger cone of fire (depending of the MG model)
- Vet3 HMG/MG able to use grenade to defend themselve, can only be launch in the cone of fire.

Other ideas?
29 Aug 2014, 13:17 PM

oups, wrong edition...
29 Aug 2014, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 13:13 PMEsxile
The main issue is that each of us has his definition of blobbing.

Independently from numbers of squads in the same area, we face other issues like squad function in the group.

Let's take a 3 squads example, it can works with 4 squads as well:

Is it blobbing to have a engineer minesweeper with 2 volks/penals/rifles/whatever going forward?
Is it blobbing to have a dedicated AI long range squad close to a AI short range squad and close to a AT squad?

Why would they suffer penalties? Only because they are close to each other?

In the same idea, you may have regrouped them around your truck to heal them, and you're now under attack. Would you agree to suffer penalties for that?

What we call blobbing is attacking, most likely with a A-move in a direction. But there are many others situation where you aren't blobbing but keep your squads close to each other.

This brings me to say that blobbing isn't the issue in fact. Blobbing in the early game isn't an issue because counters exist: MG/HMG/AI trucks, they all rip of blobs.
The problem comes when the blob squads gain extra weapons and vet. The blob becomes at this time too much effective and an MG/HMG cannot handle it anymore alone.
Additional blob extra weapons + vet is superior than MG/HMG vet. Trucks are quite ok but when comes the late game are too vulnerable to ATguns,med tanks and heavy tanks.

What I propose is to found a way to better buff MG/HMG in the late game so it can continue to counter blobs.
I think their DPS with vet is enough, increasing it would brings some negative side effects.

As ideas to improve those counters, going with veterancy:
- better resistance to grenade
- faster deployment rate
- larger sigh of vision or larger cone of fire (depending of the MG model)
- Vet3 HMG/MG able to use grenade to defend themselve, can only be launch in the cone of fire.

Other ideas?

To keep up with the natural counter to blobs, HMG, you can as well give them more suppression when they are shooting at packed squads, to reflect what i stated before, it is easier to shoot at a group of people than individual ones. And it would be rather realistic: nobody rushes blindly toward an MG nest even if the attacker outnumber 4 or 5 times the defenders. When your life is in balance, you just hit the dirt and wait for the storm to pass. I agree that MG should be able to counter blobs (they are doing so in the early game, but they get outscaled rather fast, so accuracy bonuses + more splash suppression would work well).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 82
Poland 8
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak