Login

russian armor

The American M2HB HMG

25 Aug 2014, 09:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 08:36 AMKatitof

Obersoldaten laugh at anything that doesn't use threads to move.

A fine example of a treaded piece of airborne american engineering. Obers don't laugh at these guys, that's for sure.

Sorry, that just had to be done
25 Aug 2014, 13:35 PM

A fine example of a treaded piece of airborne american engineering. Obers don't laugh at these guys, that's for sure.

Sorry, that just had to be done
Dropped from the air for 640mp
25 Aug 2014, 13:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

BEAUTIFUL.

PD: at least they are doctrinal and more expensive (muni cost) than Obers.
25 Aug 2014, 17:59 PM

4 man crew(easy to kill with small arms) retarted animation of setup/desetup. Overpriced at 280 manpower and 35 manpower to reinforce. T2. Captured Mg34 with 6 man crew is far better. If you will flank it even with volksgrenadiers and throw grenade it will be dead 90%. Obersoldaten, lmg42 grenadiers vet 3 and every axis tank with good AoE canoon(like Tiger) and any artillery type, especially walking stuka laughting at it.
25 Aug 2014, 18:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 17:59 PMNEVEC
4 man crew(easy to kill with small arms) retarted animation of setup/desetup. Overpriced at 280 manpower and 35 manpower to reinforce. T2. Captured Mg34 with 6 man crew is far better.

That may also be because for some reason, the MG-34 is a little too powerful for its cost compared to the more expensive, if non-doctrinal, Ostheer MG-42.

Only thing I think the 50 needs is teleportation mechanics and remove its motorcycle-like movement for the gunner.
25 Aug 2014, 18:16 PM

In my eyes, the performance againts infantry is fine, what is not fine, is it's performance againts light vehicles. This thing should cut throught halftracks, pumas and even dent PIIs, at the moment, it will take forever to kill a puma with one of these.

While MG42 or MG 34 with incendiarty AP rounds cut throught even the sloped armor fo a t-70
25 Aug 2014, 18:19 PM

It's a good weapon, but a bit overpriced (280 MP for an MG that comes from T2?) and the crew is just way too fragile. Against Axis superior weapon damage, 4 men with received accuracy penalty just melts. It stops Volks and close-range infantry, but LMG42 grens and anything bigger can usually just outsnipe it.

The MG34 is not a great comparison point since I think it's a bit overpowered. At the very least it needs a price increase.

25 Aug 2014, 19:11 PM

It's a good weapon, but a bit overpriced (280 MP for an MG that comes from T2?) and the crew is just way too fragile. Against Axis superior weapon damage, 4 men with received accuracy penalty just melts. It stops Volks and close-range infantry, but LMG42 grens and anything bigger can usually just outsnipe it.

The MG34 is not a great comparison point since I think it's a bit overpowered. At the very least it needs a price increase.

this is a classic l2p . do you think that the germans have it any easier with the high dps of riflesquads? mg are not supposed to get hit period.
25 Aug 2014, 19:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Don´t all support weapons (except AT guns) get increase received accuracy?

2-@Jaigen performance of Rifles shouldn´t be an excuse for performance of HMG. I would rather have people trying other builds rather than 4rifles LT light vehicle.
25 Aug 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 19:11 PMJaigen

this is a classic l2p . do you think that the germans have it any easier with the high dps of riflesquads? mg are not supposed to get hit period.

First, if you looked at my playercard you would see I play almost as much Axis as Allies in 1v1, and currently I mostly play OKW, being in the top 100 in 2v2 with them and Soviets which, while not pr0, is I feel Ok enough to discuss balance. You can kindly shove your l2p arguments where the sun doesn't shine.

Second, overperformance of a unit is no excuse for overperformance of another. Two wrongs don't make a right and to suggest so is just bad balance.

Third, MGs are not supposed get hit, ok so I imagine you would be totally fine if rifles or guards could stand in an MG42's field of fire and decrew it faster than they are being suppressed? I did it several times with Obers and Pfusiliers. Your Mgs will get hit so long as your opponent is not comatose. While the Maxim may be too durable, the M2 crew just dies too fast.
25 Aug 2014, 20:08 PM

1- Don´t all support weapons (except AT guns) get increase received accuracy?

2-@Jaigen performance of Rifles shouldn´t be an excuse for performance of HMG. I would rather have people trying other builds rather than 4rifles LT light vehicle.

The standard lt build is going to leave you in serious problem against the puma .the 50 cal is without a doubt the best mg in the game with very high suppression fire power and mobility but it comes at a time where infantry dps increases and it comes without 6 man . so its as frail as any other mg squad. very simply put if the mg42 and 34 functions against the ami's then the 50 cal will also function against the germans.

25 Aug 2014, 20:13 PM

Third, MGs are not supposed get hit, ok so I imagine you would be totally fine if rifles or guards could stand in an MG42's field of fire and decrew it faster than they are being suppressed? I did it several times with Obers and Pfusiliers. Your Mgs will get hit so long as your opponent is not comatose. While the Maxim may be too durable, the M2 crew just dies too fast.

You think rifles cannot do that? because they do. and once again your mg's are not supposed to get hit. second part 50 cals performs way better in buildings then the german mg's at its not a liability to put a mg inside a building.
25 Aug 2014, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 20:13 PMJaigen

You think rifles cannot do that? because they do. and once again your mg's are not supposed to get hit. second part 50 cals performs way better in buildings then the german mg's at its not a liability to put a mg inside a building.

Putting your Mgs in a building is just asking for them to be flanked/grenaded/molotoved/sniped/mortared/ect when playing against competent opposition. Once the 15ish minute mark has been passed, there is enough heavy ordnance on the battlefield to easily level buildings and make MGs taking cover in them into red little smears. It's not reliable and I very rarely do it; repositioning your MGs leads to better results I find.

And in my experience, rifles that try that get cut to ribbons by my MG's incendiary rounds, especially since vetted MG34s have such great suppression. If they use smoke that's problematic, but it's why you have support nearby.
26 Aug 2014, 03:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 19:11 PMJaigen

Back when they had 25% accuracy buff instead of a 25% recieved accuracy penalty, it was a fine unit. One of the better MGs. But it wasn't a balance issue, or OP. Now it's quite weak.
26 Aug 2014, 07:14 AM

Back when they had 25% accuracy buff instead of a 25% recieved accuracy penalty, it was a fine unit. One of the better MGs. But it wasn't a balance issue, or OP. Now it's quite weak.

In what way is it weak? it has the highest burst damage of any of the mg's and you are basically guaranteed a model loss if the 50 call starts firing. is it weak in suppression? nope its the highest suppressor in the game with the largest aoe. mobility ? fuck that its even more mobile then then the maxim. durability? same as the mg 42 or 34 and their is talk to nerf the maxim to 4 man.

the 50 cal is superior to the mg42 or mg34 by a mile. anybody saying this unit is weak is simply nuts.
26 Aug 2014, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 20:13 PMJaigen

Oh Jaigen, Jaigen. One grenade and 1-3 mans will die with huge damage, if not 4 insantly.
26 Aug 2014, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 07:14 AMJaigen

In what way is it weak? it has the highest burst damage of any of the mg's and you are basically guaranteed a model loss if the 50 call starts firing. is it weak in suppression? nope its the highest suppressor in the game with the largest aoe. mobility ? fuck that its even more mobile then then the maxim. durability? same as the mg 42 or 34 and their is talk to nerf the maxim to 4 man.

the 50 cal is superior to the mg42 or mg34 by a mile. anybody saying this unit is weak is simply nuts.

It's actually the least durable MG in the game due to the fact that all axis units have proportionally higher DPS, to balance againts the higher 6 man squad sizes of soviets.

It's around the durability of a 2.66 man axis team weapon
26 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM

The gun is ok, though not nearly as good as an MG34 for control purposes, I don't get MGs to do DPS. 4 man allied team with maxim drop mechanic just means it has the worst survivability of any weapon team in the game.
26 Aug 2014, 10:53 AM

The 50 cal crew drops like flies. If it was a 6 man weapon team instead of 4 and had cheaper reinforce costs it would be one of the best in the game (maybe slightly worse than MG34 in terms of cost effectiveness). But it has 4 men, which makes it one of the worst. Not because of its damage or supression, which are both good, but because of its incredibly poor survivability. Outside of the faction DPS discrepancy which others have already mentioned, it's extremely sluggish to retreat, one of the worst weapon teams in that respect. MG play from USF is not very effective because of the great difficulty in keeping them alive. Captured MG34s are enormously more effective in US hands than the 50 cal is.
26 Aug 2014, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 09:46 AMBurts

It's actually the least durable MG in the game due to the fact that all axis units have proportionally higher DPS, to balance againts the higher 6 man squad sizes of soviets.

It's around the durability of a 2.66 man axis team weapon

Nonsense. the highest dps for popcap units in the game are currently the rifleman when fully upgraded. yet the mg's function perfectly against them. if mg's works against upgraded rifleman then 50 cals work against german infantry.
l2p is the only thing i can say about this. If your mg crew is getting shot at it means you have put the mg in a position it should not be.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★