Login

russian armor

My thoughts & ideas on Conscripts

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
30 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM

How about fixing the core armies to make them have every necessary counter to fight each other then add the commander shit?
30 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 17:20 PMNinjaWJ
ARE YOU A RELIC SPY!?!??!?!

You wish? :D No!

Do volks need a buff though (serious question)

Please forgive me,but I am not going to re-read the whole vid. The answers are, however, in here.;)

If the above does not work, please try this

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/562854261

30 Aug 2014, 19:36 PM

Permanently Banned

More like Rifles need a long range DPS nerf.

Did i bring up rifles? >.>
30 Aug 2014, 20:14 PM

hmm both links don't work. seems to be a link to a livestream and not a video
30 Aug 2014, 23:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Did i bring up rifles? >.>

No, but it´s indirectly answering your post ("Volks needing a long range buff").
31 Aug 2014, 04:28 AM

Permanently Banned

No, but it´s indirectly answering your post ("Volks needing a long range buff").

OK?... All i said was that volks need along range buff. Again, When did i mention rifles? >.>
31 Aug 2014, 10:17 AM

You wish? :D No!

Please forgive me,but I am not going to re-read the whole vid. The answers are, however, in here.;)

If the above does not work, please try this

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/562854261

That worries me a bit if I am honest. Right now OKW already have such good long range AI dps that it can be hard to beat the blob that inevitably comes for you. Vet 5 volksgrenadiers are already quite good especially if they get their hands on an scavenged weapon. What will they be like after this long range dps buff especially when backed up by Obersoldaten/Fallschirmjaegers etc.?

Also I don't think they mentioned anything about conscripts/penal troops/any allied unit changes, if they did could anyone let me know what time they do in that video?
31 Aug 2014, 10:44 AM

That worries me a bit if I am honest. Right now OKW already have such good long range AI dps that it can be hard to beat the blob that inevitably comes for you. Vet 5 volksgrenadiers are already quite good especially if they get their hands on an scavenged weapon. What will they be like after this long range dps buff especially when backed up by Obersoldaten/Fallschirmjaegers etc.?

Also I don't think they mentioned anything about conscripts/penal troops/any allied unit changes, if they did could anyone let me know what time they do in that video?

Seems like devs listen to Dane. Volks are the cheapest mainline infantry and scale extreamly well, dunno why they want to buff them.
31 Aug 2014, 12:00 PM

Seems like devs listen to Dane. Volks are the cheapest mainline infantry and scale extreamly well, dunno why they want to buff them.

Half jokingly it seem PropagandaCast is doing it's job well.... Maybe it ties in to the fact that it seems axis are the more popular faction to use, so perhaps their views are heard more often and the Devs aren't aware of this? Or perhaps it is just a very loud minority.

Let's compare Volks vs. Conscripts

Volks prefer long range combat vs. Conscripts short range. Now at the start of the fight things work as they should cons beat volks in close range while volks hold their own at long range (you should be in cover at least, that way conscripts have to move forward and expose themselves). Lets not forget Volks cost 235 vs. 240 so they aren't expensive. So as the game draws on cons start to find it harder and harder to get into close range due to increasing disparity in scaling ability. So in the end due to the amount of accuracy bonuses and accuracy received bonuses Volks become the most durable basic mainline infantry of the 4 factions. Let's also not forget they have a very good grenade.

So now people want volks damaged buffed? That why I said I would be worried in my previous post.
31 Aug 2014, 12:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

At what point are they discussing volks and what are they saying about them then?
31 Aug 2014, 13:17 PM

At what point are they discussing volks and what are they saying about them then?

When they mention infantry changes all they talk about is Volksgrenadiers getting buffed, it's at 45 mins in response to a post about ''Maxim spam''. They say Volks will be counters to maxims and I'm pretty sure pq even says at one point maxim spam is a soviets best bet on certain maps. So clearly their vision of soviets is spam.
31 Aug 2014, 14:01 PM

Because they scale like shit. i dont take veterancy into account because a unit should function well even unvetted. and their is where the volks drop the ball. until you reach vet 4 - 5 they are simply shit. this is in stark contrast with the panzer fusiliers who are awesome at vet 0 and become even more awesome if you upgrade them or get vet for them
31 Aug 2014, 16:56 PM

man they get the awesome panzerschreck already, and now an incoming buff? man....
31 Aug 2014, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 16:56 PMNinjaWJ
man they get the awesome panzerschreck already, and now an incoming buff? man....

Yes, this awesome, overpriced, single Shreck.

I'm not surprised tbh as I was expecting some kind of buff for Volks in the near future.
31 Aug 2014, 17:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

OK?... All i said was that volks need along range buff. Again, When did i mention rifles? >.>

I´m gonna make it simple. I don´t see Volks needing a long range DPS buff, rather than tweaking the DPS of Rifles at long range (which would also help Gren at early game).

Yes, this awesome, overpriced, single Shreck.

I guess making easy vet4/5 volks is a dull characteristic. With the lower income, it was a bit overpriced. Nowadays you really can´t complain.
Hey, you don´t have to worry about blizzards :snfCHVGame:
31 Aug 2014, 18:21 PM

Vet5 is OKW specific feature and every OKW unit benefits from this, not only Volks.
31 Aug 2014, 18:26 PM

Half jokingly it seem PropagandaCast is doing it's job well.... Maybe it ties in to the fact that it seems axis are the more popular faction to use, so perhaps their views are heard more often and the Devs aren't aware of this? Or perhaps it is just a very loud minority.

No.
31 Aug 2014, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 14:01 PMJaigen

Because they scale like shit. i dont take veterancy into account because a unit should function well even unvetted. and their is where the volks drop the ball. until you reach vet 4 - 5 they are simply shit. this is in stark contrast with the panzer fusiliers who are awesome at vet 0 and become even more awesome if you upgrade them or get vet for them

Panzershreck on basic infantry alone is pretty good scaling, and dismissing vet as a scaling mechanism is pretty silly, to put it mildly. All basic infantry is not very good at vet 0 and unvetted, that's how the game works. Volks still get a good grenade and even at vet 1 they already get pretty decent durability. Once they have some vet under their belt and a shreck all tanks save ISU and IS-2 fear them, and their massive received accuracy modifier makes them very resistant to all but the most powerful small arms once they hit upper vet echelons. I always get Volks every OKW game, and they always last to the end-game where they still are very useful. Volks scale incredibly well as it is.
31 Aug 2014, 20:29 PM

Panzershreck on basic infantry alone is pretty good scaling, and dismissing vet as a scaling mechanism is pretty silly, to put it mildly. All basic infantry is not very good at vet 0 and unvetted, that's how the game works. Volks still get a good grenade and even at vet 1 they already get pretty decent durability. Once they have some vet under their belt and a shreck all tanks save ISU and IS-2 fear them, and their massive received accuracy modifier makes them very resistant to all but the most powerful small arms once they hit upper vet echelons. I always get Volks every OKW game, and they always last to the end-game where they still are very useful. Volks scale incredibly well as it is.

Shreks are pretty terrible especially if overpriced at 90 ammo. their vet 1 is useful but nowhere the survivability other squads get when they reach vet 2 . basically every single squad has more survivability at vet 2 until the volks reach vet 5. tanks also dont give a fuck about received accuracy modifiers so a vet 5 volks will have the same impression as a vet 0 shrek squad.

reaching vet 5 is a fucking chore. panzer fusiliers and obers (and pretty much every other okw infantry) have a much easier time reaching their veterancy then volks. and all these squads are useful at lower veterancy or have more utility or weapon upgrades.
31 Aug 2014, 20:38 PM

Permanently Banned

I´m gonna make it simple. I don´t see Volks needing a long range DPS buff, rather than tweaking the DPS of Rifles at long range (which would also help Gren at early game).

Relic has confirmed a slight long range dps buff for volks. (i think) they mentioned a long range dps buff for rifles against sturmpios.

But they didnt mention a nurf
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight