Login

russian armor

Easy 8

20 Aug 2014, 23:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Any reason why this thing is superior to panther and yet is far cheaper?

OKW fuel makes panther effectively over 230 fuel. Yet easy 8 is better in almost every way.

Please explain?
20 Aug 2014, 23:21 PM

With regards to what stat is the E8 superior? Pretty much only infantry. Not to say that it isn't too good or the panther is in a poor spot, but the panther does have better overall stats for fighting armor.
20 Aug 2014, 23:21 PM

Not having 800 health(960 at vet2), 290 armor, 260penetration, 50 range, better speed and jet engines might have something to do with it.
20 Aug 2014, 23:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Explain in Stats how the EZ8 is better than panther....
21 Aug 2014, 00:21 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 23:21 PMKatitof
Not having 800 health(960 at vet2), 290 armor, 260penetration, 50 range, better speed and jet engines might have something to do with it.

@ Vet 2 LOL.

Panther is not performing for its price i.e 230 effective fuel. Not even close. plain and simple E8 either matches or almost matches or exceeds in every department in AI cap for less fuel
21 Aug 2014, 00:49 AM

perhaps because 90% is searching as axis has something to do which easy 8 better in every way compare to a panther.
21 Aug 2014, 00:51 AM

well for one thing the E8 is a call in tank for the rifle company commander while the panther is available as a core anti armor tank with an extremely heavy front armor that bounces shots from everything including all the AT grenades the allied forces use.

also with the one possible exception of vet rifle squads, the E8 is the only thing in the Rifle Company commander that is worth having.

but that's just my opinion.
21 Aug 2014, 01:10 AM

It's better at fighting infantry and... that's it. The Panther has better armor, better range, more health, better pen, is faster, has a useful vet ability, and faces less powerful AT (especially in the US's case). 1v1 there is no reason for a Panther to lose to an E8, and against armor in general it is straight up better too.

Now, if the question was ''why is the E8 so much more cost-effective than the Panther'', we might have an actual discussion, because I believe that's very much the case (thanks in large part to the call-in system). But in no way is the E8 straight up better than the Panther unless it fights infantry.

Also, let's differenciate the Panthers: the OKW is good. The Ostheer one is bad. The latter should definitely inherit the former's stats, and the unit in general might need a boost too. But the OP is too full of hyperbole to take seriously.
21 Aug 2014, 01:25 AM

I do feel panther will have a buff / over buff
21 Aug 2014, 01:40 AM

Warthrone, weren't you the one who was all about not exaggerating or favoring one side when you started a couple weeks ago? Since then all I have seen are hyperbolic threads and posts favoring axis.

The Easy 8 is a fine tank, but one to one it runs in fear from an OKW Panther, as it should. Also, the 60% fuel is accounted for in the entire faction design, so it does not cost "effectively over 230 fuel" in a comparison with other factions. It is asymmetrical balance at work.
21 Aug 2014, 04:05 AM

I wouldn't compare (OKW) Panther to E8, Panzer IV vs E8 is a better comparison. If you look at it this way, E8 definitely needs 10-15 fuel increase. Panther still needs 10-15 fuel decrease though.
21 Aug 2014, 04:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 04:05 AMHitman5
I wouldn't compare (OKW) Panther to E8, Panzer IV vs E8 is a better comparison. If you look at it this way, E8 definitely needs 10-15 fuel increase. Panther still needs 10-15 fuel decrease though.

Not sure. E8 is obviously meant as a later game tank, being the most expensive and most powerful medium in the game, second only to... the Panther. Sure, E8 beats the P4, but it's more expensive and later game and doctrinal too. E8's main problem is the whole call-in structure, which needs revision. After that, maybe the unit needs a price increase, we shall see. I would prefer a reduction in firepower, but NO armor decrease. The US needs at least one tank that doesn't die to a sneeze.

And I'd much rather they give the Panther buffs (mostly accuracy or rate of fire and maybe movement speed) than lower its price. It should be the most expensive and most powerful medium.
21 Aug 2014, 05:08 AM

I don't see a problem with the Easy 8. Isn't it exactly the same as the M4C Sherman that the Soviets have? The Panther is superior, better armored, and can penetrate the Sherman 100 pct of the time. The only problem I have is that the PANTHER KEEPS MISSING.
21 Aug 2014, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 01:40 AMboc120
Warthrone, weren't you the one who was all about not exaggerating or favoring one side when you started a couple weeks ago? Since then all I have seen are hyperbolic threads and posts favoring axis.

The Easy 8 is a fine tank, but one to one it runs in fear from an OKW Panther, as it should. Also, the 60% fuel is accounted for in the entire faction design, so it does not cost "effectively over 230 fuel" in a comparison with other factions. It is asymmetrical balance at work.

Second that : )
21 Aug 2014, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 04:05 AMHitman5

No comparison between Ez8 and whatever Panther from okw or ostheer. But that's not the point. I think he wanted to say that Ez8 it's more cost effective and here he's right.
Panther has a big cost problem. A big one. It's a vehicle extremely hard to balance and my opinion is that it will be left as it is because Relic doesn't know how to fix it properly. And frankly, I don't know eather. The only thing I am sure about it's that it needs an urgent fuel cost decrease.
21 Aug 2014, 06:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Panther needs a performance increase. Needs more armor, less reload speed and greater AI capability.
21 Aug 2014, 08:07 AM

The Easy 8 is about right cost effective wise. One might argue that It should cost a tad more fuel (maybe 5 or so).

The actual Problem with the E8 (and the T-34/85) is that they don't require any tech to be called in. This allows the player to quickly dispatch two consecutive Tanks, when your opponent probably just managed to get his first one out.

The Panther however has a different problem. The OH Panther is barley accessible and clearly overshadowed by the Tiger (which also profits from how the call-in system works), on top of that, it's performance for cost is mediocre at best.

The OKW Panther on the other hand, is (strat depending) more accessible and statswise superior to the OH-model, yet still overpriced imo.
21 Aug 2014, 10:50 AM

The e8 is stronger or rather more cost effective than the panther, sure the panther has better at capabilitys, but unlike the e8 it doesn't have any abilitys to damage infantry and it has some problems with aiming and the ai. Plus, you need to tec for the panther while the e8 is a call in which doesn't need any tec, in short when you get your first panther out, the enemy has 2 e8s which can take on a panther easily.
21 Aug 2014, 10:53 AM

@ Vet 2 LOL.

Panther is not performing for its price i.e 230 effective fuel. Not even close. plain and simple E8 either matches or almost matches or exceeds in every department in AI cap for less fuel

Sorry, but your tears will not wash out the hard facts.

OKW panther is extremely good and cost effective piece of armor, if you can't use it effectively, the blame goes on you, not the unit.

I don't see a problem with the Easy 8. Isn't it exactly the same as the M4C Sherman that the Soviets have? The Panther is superior, better armored, and can penetrate the Sherman 100 pct of the time. The only problem I have is that the PANTHER KEEPS MISSING.

No, EZ8 got more armor and penetration, M4C got 50% better DPS.

And OKW Panther got much better accuracy compared to Wehr panther.
21 Aug 2014, 12:04 PM

Any reason why this thing is superior to panther and yet is far cheaper?

OKW fuel makes panther effectively over 230 fuel. Yet easy 8 is better in almost every way.

Please explain?

1.) Stop trying to calculate out the fuel cost. That does not help your argument, it's just like "Lemme grasp every last straw to make it look more problematic". Instead of focusing on the actual issue, this makes it look exaggerated and does not help your point.

2.) The Panther is superior to the Easy Eight in everything but anti infantry. In general, it is definitely a superior tank. It is NOT superior to the E8 per cost. E8 right now feels underpriced and Panther overpriced. In order to fix that, slight cost increase for the E8 and some buffs to the Panther.

3.) Please stop spamming the forums. You want Relic to hear you? You want your issue to be fixed? Then stop spamming them. Easy Eight was already discussed a while ago. It takes quite a while to change, implement and test it. If you spam it all the time again it just means that Relic is less likely to see the issue if they read the forums. Besides that quite a few Alpha testers read the forums and then pass important issues to Relic directly, but if stuff gets spammed all the time the motivation to read the forums is low. If you actually CARE about the issues and the game, stop spamming them. Thank you.

No, it's actually quite a bit better than the M4C. I posted a comparison a while back, not really willing to redo it :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Korea, Republic Of 5
Russian Federation 94
unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %