Login

russian armor

Suggestion: temporary forum for people with CoH2 beta access

6 Apr 2013, 20:46 PM

Could we create a CoH2 beta sub-forum with the same password as the official Sega forums?
6 Apr 2013, 20:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The official feedback are there for a reason. No need for us to have a special private section ;) (And I don't think SEGA/Relic will even allow that)
6 Apr 2013, 21:07 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Make the forum hidden and don't invite any SEGA/Relic staff :p
6 Apr 2013, 21:19 PM

The official feedback are there for a reason. No need for us to have a special private section ;) (And I don't think SEGA/Relic will even allow that)

The NDA specifies that we are not allowed to talk about the beta-content with anyone who isn't in it. As long as we don't let anyone who doesn't have the game (and we can verify using their password) it should in theory be fine.

Oh well..
6 Apr 2013, 22:19 PM

I wouldn't mind this. The official forums are just pathetic.
7 Apr 2013, 10:02 AM

I'm not really liking the official forum, and the design for that site is inferior to this TBH.

Would be nice to see a forum here to were the discussion might be a bit better. Totally understandable if that cant be done though or if SEGA really don't want that.
7 Apr 2013, 10:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

They need to keep the feedback to 1 location, otherwise it will become a total mess. Because if we can get a 'private' forum for CoH2 beta, then every community site wants it. And SEGA/Relic can't keep track of it all.
7 Apr 2013, 10:57 AM

The point would be to discuss the beta here, without all the spam and idiot threads (like someone complaining about the lack of German assault infantry), then post our conclusions on the official site.
7 Apr 2013, 11:40 AM

I saw a post yesterday that started with "why do Relic make every CoH game the same?" I wanted to flip my desk.
7 Apr 2013, 11:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah that's something that annoys me too. 90% of the people that are posting 'feedback' are Scheldt/Compstompers/people who never played CoH. Their advice isn't gonna make the game better :P

Oh well, it's their good right to do so ;)
7 Apr 2013, 15:42 PM
7 Apr 2013, 17:01 PM

point 9... dear god point 9.
7 Apr 2013, 17:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Sorry we can't provide this right now. As soon as there's an open beta, we will have forums that everybody can use to discuss it and give feedback.
8 Apr 2013, 01:35 AM
9 Apr 2013, 05:43 AM

Sorry we can't provide this right now. As soon as there's an open beta, we will have forums that everybody can use to discuss it and give feedback.

Are we 100% positive on this? I know you guys have to be very protective of the NDA, but I agree this would be a fantastic idea (at least to ask Relic if its possible to allow very private, highly moderated forums).It is VERY hard to provide feedback on the official forums, very hard to identify respected members of the CoH community and, worst of all, its very bad for us to provide feedback amongst ourselves, to help reproduce bugs and/or balance issues.

I know Relic might simply say no, out of playing it safe, but IF it was possible it could be done as an invite only forum, where the user has to prove having a unique copy of the Beta.TBH, by making the forum invitation only, you are making it even safer than the official one is, at the moment. We could be having a sort of Battletest environment and delivering concise, educated and concentrated feedback at the official forums like Purlictor said ((remember, the NDA prevents us from discussing information in public, a properly restricted forum isn't public).

Anyways, enough rant. You guys are running the community, so in the end you and Relic have the final word on this. I just really hope Relic doesn't waste time waiting for an open beta three weeks prior to release, when its already taking Quinn hours to read the official forums.
9 Apr 2013, 06:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Maybe we could make a "LETA" forum were we talk about "LOMPANY OF LEROES 2" and discuss whether the "SMUSSIANS" and "JERMANS" need any balance changes.
9 Apr 2013, 18:57 PM

Maybe we could make a "LETA" forum were we talk about "LOMPANY OF LEROES 2" and discuss whether the "SMUSSIANS" and "JERMANS" need any balance changes.

Or better yet, we just talk about a game called Starcraft 2, which just happens to have a cover system, coldtech and other nuances similar to CoH2 and every match is Zerg vs Protoss, somehow...
10 Apr 2013, 01:08 AM
Senior Caster Badge

zerg op
10 Apr 2013, 10:27 AM

Are we 100% positive on this? I know you guys have to be very protective of the NDA, but I agree this would be a fantastic idea (at least to ask Relic if its possible to allow very private, highly moderated forums).It is VERY hard to provide feedback on the official forums, very hard to identify respected members of the CoH community and, worst of all, its very bad for us to provide feedback amongst ourselves, to help reproduce bugs and/or balance issues.

I know Relic might simply say no, out of playing it safe, but IF it was possible it could be done as an invite only forum, where the user has to prove having a unique copy of the Beta.TBH, by making the forum invitation only, you are making it even safer than the official one is, at the moment. We could be having a sort of Battletest environment and delivering concise, educated and concentrated feedback at the official forums like Purlictor said ((remember, the NDA prevents us from discussing information in public, a properly restricted forum isn't public).

Anyways, enough rant. You guys are running the community, so in the end you and Relic have the final word on this. I just really hope Relic doesn't waste time waiting for an open beta three weeks prior to release, when its already taking Quinn hours to read the official forums.

I agree very much with this reasoning.

Admins, could we *please* try this? I mean, we can verify ownership by linking our Steam-profiles and having some sort of claim mechanism as gmod has (pasting an unique string into our profile to claim it). We will be able to verify both ownership of CoH and account.

I mean really the official forums are a HUGE mess right now. People like Imperial Dane are getting the short end of the stick from people who don't have a clue :/
10 Apr 2013, 19:45 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Sega has lifted the NDA on written content as of today. We can now host our own coh2 beta forums. I'll go build them now! :)

COH2 Central now has 3 subforums... go for it! But remember no video/image content until Monday!

http://www.coh2.org/forum/1/coh2-central
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment