Login

russian armor

ESL + Observer mode confirmed

15 Aug 2014, 15:05 PM

Good job relic nicely done. Thank you.
15 Aug 2014, 15:07 PM

Honestly, the most exciting thing about this to me is being able to coach friends who are new to the game, and observe a match between players to tell them what they should be doing, pinging where they should be going, what to build next to be ready for whats coming at them etc.

Company of heroes are some of the most difficult games to get into multiplayer, and I would love to get more people into the game. You guys should re-read Ami's big post on why we need observer mode, its not all about Esports.

Telling people what to do while observing a live game....wont be possible. Would be kinda unfair dontya think?
15 Aug 2014, 15:11 PM

Telling people what to do while observing a live game....wont be possible. Would be kinda unfair dontya think?

Custom games bud. :facepalm:

Yes observing and providing advice on live ladder matches would be unfair.

e: Oh this would also go into being able to view replays together in game, and being able to rewind/fastfoward to certain spots in a replay. That would be a huge step in being able to teach new players the game.
15 Aug 2014, 15:16 PM

Are they using Jannes mod for this?
15 Aug 2014, 15:22 PM

This is good news. Even better news would be an in game ladder! That should be standard on release.
15 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

Are they using Jannes mod for this?

I doubt it, they got better tools and have more ways to edit things other than SCAR and Worldbuilder.
15 Aug 2014, 15:39 PM
Donator 11

Huge respect for all the casters who stuck with the game all this time. Altough i usually dont agree with some of ImperialDane's opinions (mostly about stugs) i gotta give credit where credit is due. This guy has made atleast 1 video every day since release, very impressive work and support for the game.
15 Aug 2014, 16:17 PM

<444>3

Now announce that you'll take me as your official troll and fire Peter and I'm even more happy!
15 Aug 2014, 16:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I just watched the VOD (4:47:00) and I'm very curious to hear more, particularly about how the observer mode will work. It will be great if they can get something like the Dota 2 observer mode. Hell, at this point I'll be overjoyed if there is the ability to rewind replays. Making any kind of ambitious video without that is a huge pain in the butt.

That ESL partnership sounds huge! As much fun as I had working on SNF, the game is in a much better state now for that kind of tournament and that makes me very excited :snfMarcus: And SNF got a shoutout during the interview! Aww ye :snfAmi::snfBarton::snfCHVGame::snfMarcus::snfPeter::snfQuinn::snf:
15 Aug 2014, 16:22 PM
Patrion 27

you could just use steam chat or teamspeak with your trainee friend.
15 Aug 2014, 17:38 PM

2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 15 Aug 2014, 18:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:bananadance::banana:

Any day that I get to use my favorite forum emoticons, is a good day.

Very stoked that we can now publicly speak of these things!

15 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

No no no! Some of these comments are going way out of hand.

Please stop now! Some posts invised for lack of respect.

Please,discuss nicely with each other? :) Honestly, it's not a proposition from Wittgenstein. kk:)
15 Aug 2014, 18:38 PM

Now let's wait and see what kind of observer mode they give us... I would love to be able to join ongoing games and not only custom games. Kinda like League of Legends and DotA 2. With a 2-3 minutes delay of course to prevent cheating.
15 Aug 2014, 18:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Now let's wait and see what kind of observer mode they give us... I would love to be able to join ongoing games and not only custom games. Kinda like League of Legends and DotA 2. With a 2-3 minutes delay of course to prevent cheating.

Some kind of lobby showing a list of all automatch games going on, filtered by team size, maybe? I'm drooling at the thought of it already.
15 Aug 2014, 20:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 18:47 PMRomeo

Some kind of lobby showing a list of all automatch games going on, filtered by team size, maybe? I'm drooling at the thought of it already.

This please, it was there in quake 3 and I loved it
15 Aug 2014, 21:28 PM
Donator 11

I'm kinda green and haven't used an observer mode in any game. Can anyone clarify how observer rights are handled? I conceive that an observer would join the lobby or be invited by one player. Do they then see without fog of war or do the other team have to give permission to see this? This would seem to be a good way of handling things but probably wrong.

I know that streaming can allow cheating by opponents watching the stream but the streamer knows this possibility. Wouldn't an observer mode without fog of war in general games be an invitation to widespread cheating

Looking forward to enlightenment

15 Aug 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 21:28 PMArray
I'm kinda green and haven't used an observer mode in any game. Can anyone clarify how observer rights are handled? I conceive that an observer would join the lobby or be invited by one player. Do they then see without fog of war or do the other team have to give permission to see this? This would seem to be a good way of handling things but probably wrong.

I know that streaming can allow cheating by opponents watching the stream but the streamer knows this possibility. Wouldn't an observer mode without fog of war in general games be an invitation to widespread cheating

Looking forward to enlightenment

Would be also a problem in tournaments, people can watch / listen to the stream of streamer coverage to see what their opponent is up to during a game, such problems already existed in DoW2. You can get around it by putting a delay into the stream though, casters just have to put it in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★