Login

russian armor

ESL + Observer mode confirmed

16 Aug 2014, 00:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 18:47 PMRomeo

Some kind of lobby showing a list of all automatch games going on, filtered by team size, maybe? I'm drooling at the thought of it already.

Yes. I want to be able to join my friends' games and observe them.
16 Aug 2014, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 21:28 PMArray

Looking forward to enlightenment

If Relic manage to pull off a system like Valve have with CS:GO and Dota 2, matches could possibly be able to be viewed in game with a delay. The way the aforementioned games are setup, I know there is a 2 minute delay when observing CS:GO matches, Dota 2 probably the same although I don't know the exact time.

In custom games, an observer mode would allow spectators to join and view the match in real time (no delay). There are some things that come to mind that exist in CoH2 that aren't a problem in other games, as an example, mines can be put down and be untouched for 20-30 minutes of a game until they are finally set off. Players could be warned of where mines are. I'm sure there are other things that I'm not thinking of in allowing public observable matches.
16 Aug 2014, 04:15 AM
Senior Caster Badge

There are things in Dota 2 that matter for longer than 2 minutes, like the placement of wards and stuff, but hopefully this won't be too big a deal. Maybe you'll only be able to observe custom matches, like for tournaments. In any case obs mode with drawbacks beats no obs mode any day of the week.
16 Aug 2014, 07:13 AM

The "cheating" thing in observer modes could be fixed by adding a delay into the stream.
So let's say the watchers see the game as it was 5 minutes before.
This works very good in League of Legends.
nee
16 Aug 2014, 07:19 AM

Good god ANOTHER Alpha? Is this Company of Heroes, or Company of Alpha Products?

see waht I did there? :P
raw
16 Aug 2014, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 13:52 PMNoun

That's the plan. If you do literally cry tears of blood please go see a doctor.

When are these tournaments?
16 Aug 2014, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 07:19 AMnee
Good god ANOTHER Alpha? Is this Company of Heroes, or Company of Alpha Products?

see waht I did there? :P

16 Aug 2014, 13:37 PM

sweet jesus i cant believe that... finally !!!! :D
22 Aug 2014, 22:03 PM

adding a delay wouldnt really fix the issue. itd prevent someone warning of a major push in some direction, but even a minute delay still give out valuable intel. for instance which buildings are constructed. where stationary emplacements are. mine locations, what doctrines are selected....

all this beside though. im still excited for observer mode. id personally enjoy getting to watch the best players do a live match, talk with other observers, etc, etc.
22 Aug 2014, 22:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Glad to hear such fine news! Keep them coming, Relic.
22 Aug 2014, 23:08 PM

The observermode I always wanted would probably be the Dota2 one. It has everything you can wish for.

The newest feature (Dota2) is that you can watch live, and during that you can jump back and rewatch something, and then go with x2 untill you are in /jump to -the current action again.

Also nice Dota2 features I would love: Playercamera.

Fog of War 1.
Generally no fog of war/the observer can toggle it, but 3 min Delay. This would be for joining other peoples automatch games.

Fog of War 2.
You could join your friend (he has to invite you), and then you have exactly his perspective or you have his Fog of War. No delay. Friends camera would only give the same advantages, as if you were in his house. His fog of war could give you a small edge because "you" can look at two places at once. (This is the Coaching system in Dota).

Fog of War 3.
Custom games: Everything goes for the Observers.

But in the End i am happy with any kind of Observermode for CoH2^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS