Login

russian armor

[Q] Banning Luftwaffe out of Tournaments in teamgames

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
6 Aug 2014, 13:02 PM

I feel that its is a team game in 2v2 and above, thus is it no acceptable for a teammate with luft doc to help out a fellow teammate for the sake of the game? Then again it does provide a advantage for the team to bring late game tanks to a mid game show. I feel that it only implements a real life scenario that the allies had to face in real life. Crap ally tanks with fast numbers vs few but very good axis tanks. 4 Easy8s micro-ed well can flank and get behind a jagtiger for example and it will be gone very quickly.
6 Aug 2014, 13:25 PM
Donator 11

Uhh..

Luftwaffe resources have not been able to be picked up by the opposing team for what? Since WFA came out?

There is no risk.

There is no "Hey, what if the herpaderp attacks your fuel point and stealz yerr fuel" argument because it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Same for the medkits dropped by Luftwaffle. They cannot. Be. Picked up.

Kthx.

EDIT: It would be helpful if people did not commentate on doctrines they've never personally played against.
6 Aug 2014, 13:26 PM

I feel that its is a team game in 2v2 and above, thus is it no acceptable for a teammate with luft doc to help out a fellow teammate for the sake of the game? Then again it does provide a advantage for the team to bring late game tanks to a mid game show. I feel that it only implements a real life scenario that the allies had to face in real life. Crap ally tanks with fast numbers vs few but very good axis tanks. 4 Easy8s micro-ed well can flank and get behind a jagtiger for example and it will be gone very quickly.

1 Jagd against 4 EZ8. Yes
1 supported Jagd against 4 EZ8. No

6 Aug 2014, 13:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Uhh..

Luftwaffe resources have not been able to be picked up by the opposing team for what? Since WFA came out?

There is no risk.

There is no "Hey, what if the herpaderp attacks your fuel point and stealz yerr fuel" argument because it is IMPOSSIBLE.

Same for the medkits dropped by Luftwaffle. They cannot. Be. Picked up.

Kthx.

Really? that is dumb. I hope it is a bug cus if its intentional it makes the ability way too strong.
6 Aug 2014, 13:39 PM

Hey Kreatiir,

Please don't think that I thought this was a response to the game. Sorry if I gave that impression. You've made it very clear you're talking about tournament and I can agree with you. In the hands of tournament-level players, this could get ridiculous.

Imagine Barton (I like Barton but he knows how to find all the evil strats!) with this and a good teammate D:

So I agree with OP that it might be best to remove it from Tourneys.
6 Aug 2014, 13:44 PM

e: Bulgakov; It's not because we lost against you that I'm making this topic. Yesterday, we had a similar conversation about it in our clan. Good game btw :)

Wow, all I can say about this "unfair" situation it's BRAVO Bulgakov, it's nice to see someone who can prove that coh2 it's not all about starcraft micro and abusive tactics but also about BRAINS. He found a way to overpass the OKW handicap related to fuel, and I understand he showed a thing or two to "more skilled players" (whatever "skilled" means, probably over 100 APM).
I do not necesarely agree to the Opel truck changes and it won't be ok to change something related to this Luftwaffe doctrine ability that me and my partner will use it for sure in the future.
A tournament should take into account not only the micro but also the tactics and the brains. That's why coh2 is better than SC2 and will forever be, because the APM it's not all.
:thumb:
6 Aug 2014, 13:52 PM

Wow, all I can say about this "unfair" situation it's BRAVO Bulgakov, it's nice to see someone who can prove that coh2 it's not all about starcraft micro and abusive tactics but also about BRAINS. He found a way to overpass the OKW handicap related to fuel, and I understand he showed a thing or two to "more skilled players" (whatever "skilled" means, probably over 100 APM).
I do not necesarely agree to the Opel truck changes and it won't be ok to change something related to this Luftwaffe doctrine ability that me and my partner will use it for sure in the future.
A tournament should take into account not only the micro but also the tactics and the brains. That's why coh2 is better than SC2 and will forever be, because the APM it's not all.
:thumb:

Thx for the compliments) But still, I can see Kreatiir's point. For regular players like me in regular 2v2, it's not so bad. But imagine the top-level players with this in a tourney. 15/20-minute KT, trololol) I didn't manage it in 15 but I think some players could do it. It needs some Barton-testing to see the true depths of evilness)

And Kreatiir and Aerohank are good (my first win vs Kreatiir), check the replay, they really had us on the ropes. It's posted :)
6 Aug 2014, 14:26 PM

1 Jagd against 4 EZ8. Yes
1 supported Jagd against 4 EZ8. No

I guess you you have a point with the support but if you had 2 USF players cranking out so many sherman/jacksons wouldn't the chance to swarm and overrun be so much greater? Especially with USF infantry (BARS) massacring those volks and grenadiers and paks? All in all either way I support the fairest decision because that makes the game more enjoyable to all.

6 Aug 2014, 14:33 PM

SSHeini coming to the thread is always a bad thing.
You can't see what is going on here. It's not about tactics.

Please go to one of your balance threads man, you have no business in more serious topics.

Thanks.
6 Aug 2014, 14:48 PM

Really? that is dumb. I hope it is a bug cus if its intentional it makes the ability way too strong.

Yeah I'm hoping it's a bug because if not the conversion ratio is a bit too high at 50 fuel for 200 manpower with no risk of loss. Glad to know I'm not crazy and it is happening to other people haha.
6 Aug 2014, 14:52 PM

I agree with kreatiir that luftwaffe should be banned. And @armatak, lend lease commander fuel drop ranges from 20-40 fuel at the cost of 100 munitions and it appears from enemy base which it can be shot down easily. The luftwaffe has much more advantage as its 200 manpower for 5 fuel drops(50 fuel),planes flies from your base and drop the supplies safely.

Were they even thinking about the OKW when they designed the lend/lease fuel drop? I think the base defense AA isn't a good plane killer (thankfully) but there are usually 3-4 that will have a chance to shoot it down. Then there's the flak truck that will almost invariably lie somewhere between the two bases (unless they pop it down in a corner of the map). That thing is a good aircraft killer.
6 Aug 2014, 17:29 PM

I can't understand, that Russians hadn't the Commander.

In 1944 the Germans were poor on fuel and Luftwaffe.

Because the game's timeframe is a mishmash of 1943-1945.
6 Aug 2014, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned
SSHeini coming to the thread is always a bad thing.
You can't see what is going on here. It's not about tactics.

Please go to one of your balance threads man, you have no business in more serious topics.

Thanks.

BRAVO, finally someone stating his standing in this forum here. Go away you troll!
6 Aug 2014, 17:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I've never seen this used against me. I'd honestly have to watch a replay to really judge.
6 Aug 2014, 18:11 PM
Patrion 14

Yes you can.
I think it's abug.

As it stands at this moment, the Allies cannot pick up any air dropped supplies (healing + defensive bonuses & resources). Therefore, a good call to exclude it.
6 Aug 2014, 18:20 PM

Abilities giving more fuel/ammo income has been always problematic un teamgames. I'd be fine with them if they where the final commander abilities so you could only use them midgame onwards.

But rushing lategame tanks abusing that should be forbidden.
6 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM

Now let's see if moderators are real and unbiased. Reported. Frikadelle and Kreatiir for this abusive behavior whithout any reason because nothing insulting was adressed to them personally.

P.S. To Kreatiir: hey, sorry man, I am not the type that plays along just because someone is "tournament director" and I'm stating my opinions eather if you like them or not. Further, I did not intended to flame no one, but if you disagree, you could express this in a polite way. Cheers.
6 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Complaints made.Considered. Objectively rejected.

Please discuss nicely, and don't abuse the Report button. :)
6 Aug 2014, 18:38 PM

Please ban this commander. It's hugely exploitable. According to relic the okw economy is supposed to be insulated from any outside manipulation but they fucked up the implementation. Currently enemies CANNOT pick up fuel drops, but okw can... leading to 15 min KTs. This is completely unintended.

Opels are also bugged, but to a much lesser extent, and they're killable.
6 Aug 2014, 19:21 PM

I haven't played much against this commander but if a 15 minute KT is achieveable then I am of the opinion that it should be removed. I will only just be achieveing tank hunters at that point, if i'm rushing them and it seems extreme to try and fight a KT.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS