Login

russian armor

Lack of arty options for OKW

2 Aug 2014, 11:13 AM

I would like to have a normal arty as okw. Stuka is extremly unreliable it is almost imposible to hit anything moving and wasting 100 s cooldown for one mg is not the best thing to do. I stoped using inf gun after one game where me and my ally put inf gun and mortar near each other constantly shooting at enemy big infantry blobs, after the game i checked the stats of both units and my inf support gun scored whoping 20 kills, my friends mortar scored 21. Im not going to waste 415 mp to have a gun with similar performance of 240 mp mortar.
2 Aug 2014, 11:18 AM

I think OKW is fine for artillery, hopefully there might be a commander some point for them with more options for that style of play but the core choices perform well currently.

If i wanted anything for OKW it would be smoke/better choices to deal with garrisons.
2 Aug 2014, 11:25 AM

I would like to have a normal arty as okw. Stuka is extremly unreliable it is almost imposible to hit anything moving and wasting 100 s cooldown for one mg is not the best thing to do. I stoped using inf gun after one game where me and my ally put inf gun and mortar near each other constantly shooting at enemy big infantry blobs, after the game i checked the stats of both units and my inf support gun scored whoping 20 kills, my friends mortar scored 21. Im not going to waste 415 mp to have a gun with similar performance of 240 mp mortar.

Stuka, most accurate arty piece in game, extremely unreliable?

And impossible to hit moving targets?

You realize that arty exist to dispose of campy opponents and static targets?
2 Aug 2014, 11:27 AM

Permanently Banned

I guess it's a L2P - issue here. Stuka is really great and just received an accuracy buff to make it easier to hit the campy opponent.
2 Aug 2014, 12:00 PM

Stuka, most accurate arty piece in game, extremely unreliable?

And impossible to hit moving targets?

You realize that arty exist to dispose of campy opponents and static targets?

Yes for me stuka is unreliable, its realy huge investment for okw and rarely pays for itself. Sure if your oponet puts his inf blob in place for you to see or clump his support wepons together it can be decimating but otherwise you get 5-6 guyes at most. That combined with 100 s cooldown makes it realy risky investment.
2 Aug 2014, 12:05 PM

Permanently Banned
There needs to be a support arty weapon like the SU-76. OKW is severly punished by US OP rifelman blobs.
2 Aug 2014, 12:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Also LEIG is a ridiculous 400+ MP. LOL. Yeah thats MP you need for infantry to at least put up some sort of fight vs noob US and sov blobs
2 Aug 2014, 12:14 PM

Learn2play and use the LSG + Stuka. Play intelligently you fucking NOB.(Yes, Nob.) It's not fucking hard to use the options you're given. This game doesn't need another German faction that has afk mortar options in T0 to spam when they should have fucking front line troops on the field.

The LSG is even more effective used in tandem with the Sturm Officer option in Breakthrough doctrine.

God I fucking hate those guys in 2v2's and above who just spam mortars.

Ugh, could a moderator take a look at this pls?
2 Aug 2014, 12:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Invised a defamatory post. Please keep it clean guys. :)
2 Aug 2014, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned
There needs to be a support arty weapon like the SU-76. OKW is severly punished by US OP rifelman blobs.

Not my experience bro, in 2v2 I usually meet 2 fat OKW infantry blobs with bazookas and Sturmpioneers. They eat ally infantry alive and you have a really hard time to stop it. And no, MG doesn't work if they are half decent opponents. :)
2 Aug 2014, 21:27 PM

Not my experience bro, in 2v2 I usually meet 2 fat OKW infantry blobs with bazookas and Sturmpioneers. They eat ally infantry alive and you have a really hard time to stop it. And no, MG doesn't work if they are half decent opponents. :)

I refer you to your own words in this very same thread :)

FrikadelleXXL wrote:

I guess it's a L2P - issue here.

By the way, OKW doesn't get bazookas, they get shreks, bro :)
3 Aug 2014, 20:22 PM

The IsG has been underwhelming for me lately, I spent 7 minutes in a game having it fire at a house with a Maxim in it and the Maxim never died adn neither did the house collaspe (This was a one story farm house). The IsG is really lacking in accuracy and not really worth the price. Then the big Soviet howitzer fired one shell and wiped the full health IsG out. :(

The OKW blobs, because they really don't have a choice, their fuel units are so expensive, that infantry are the only easy to replace units, so they can be suicidal with them. Also I find that 2-3 squads of shocks that use smoke to close can kill almost any OKW blob of 4+ units.
3 Aug 2014, 20:29 PM

Permanently Banned

I refer you to your own words in this very same thread :)

By the way, OKW doesn't get bazookas, they get shreks, bro :)

Hmm it seems you don't have enough experience to comment on this... You should play some Team games, there you feel the current imbalance of the game so hard.
3 Aug 2014, 20:38 PM

Hmm it seems you don't have enough experience to comment on this... You should play some Team games, there you feel the current imbalance of the game so hard.

The game is not meant to be balanced for team games.
3 Aug 2014, 21:58 PM

Permanently Banned

The game is not meant to be balanced for team games.

That's sad because I didn't pay just to play 1v1 so I except balance in team games too.
3 Aug 2014, 23:16 PM

soviets and ost have lots of static howis. Too bad they aren't good in many situations.
4 Aug 2014, 08:36 AM

SturmTiger is not Artillery... it is a direct fire weapon.

Regadless.. it fills a very similar role to arty, and a very much needed one for the OKW.
4 Aug 2014, 08:52 AM

People are claiming the ISG to be some god gun, it is not. It is very RNG dependent, I've tried 2 before and they were set up forward enough to cover past the "front line" by the end I think one had about 18 kills and the other around 8. Like all Indirect fire weapons such as mortars they are RNG heavy, altho I feel mortars still perform better as you can get them closer at very little risk for a much higher reward.

ISG's pretty much have to hit dead on to deal damage, they (Feel at least) to have a lot less splash than mortars.

ISG's will usually get 1 model if it hits, very rarely does it get 2 or higher. I see mortars regularly either take 2-3 models or spread out a fair amount of damage among a squad from splash.

Please try using things for more than 1 game where they get good RNG. Try them for at least 20-30 games and look at the average performance.

They also got their arcing and UnitAI Messed with since the Alpha, it feels as if they scatter a lot more now too. The Arcing seems to of been fixed as of the most recent patch but other than that.

Also don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is bad, I'm just saying it's unreliable, especially with the lack of Suppression Okw have.

what the f... are you talking about? i had a vet 5 ISG 4Head it one shoot'ed a 5 man maxim crew "rng deppendent" ofcoures it is wtf do you want to kill every time it hits? jeesus
4 Aug 2014, 13:54 PM

I think it will be nice if the Okw gets an Hummel ( doctrinal) and the USF get rocket artillery like a calliope( non doctinal) as the USF stuka
4 Aug 2014, 16:24 PM

I've got lots of experience, I'm higher ranked than you with Soviets and US in 2v2. As you said, in your own words - you have a learn2play issue. These are your words that you use instead of listening to people and making a fair reply.

If you spoke to people here with decency, I'd answer your question like this:

"You have a point, the OKW tends to lean to blobbing, which is hard to deal with even with MGs. However, the US also has this tendency. Both factions could use a tweak to make this happen less".

But you don't. So I'll answer with the same words you use against everyone. "Learn to play, Germans aren't uebermenschen, stop whining, smiley face". If you ever stop, so will I.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Russian Federation 32
Germany 689
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %