Login

russian armor

OKW Flak emplacement anti-air damage

25 Jul 2014, 02:52 AM

Ok, I know the flak emplacement is a good anti-infantry weapon at the moment but once in a match I saw a lot of planes attacking my positions so I tried to build some anti-air. I built Flak tier 4 OKW building and 6 Flak emplacements. I thought planes would come falling down like leaves but those Flak guns were like shooting wooden pellets at the allied planes, no damage...I assume one flak couldnt make a difference but six or seven? What others think about this issue?

Thanks
25 Jul 2014, 03:34 AM

Haven't used them but when I switch my US AAHT to "Anti Aircraft Mode" it stops firing at aircraft. When I flipped it back to normal it started firing at the aircraft again.

I was like "WTF?"
25 Jul 2014, 04:25 AM

I think there anti air ability has been removed because of the fact that there are around 4 anti aircraft guns already in your base so they are pretty much shooting at the aircraft for no reason.

I never seen those guns shoot down an enemy plane at all.

If it's true I wish Relic would give OKW anti air capability, their anti aircraft are limited as it is when the actual anti air stuff don't do anything.
25 Jul 2014, 04:28 AM

I saw Flaktrack and Flak Truck shooting down Soviet fuel plane.
25 Jul 2014, 06:28 AM

Anything can shoot down Soviet fuel plane, even a 222 SC can do it. But the P-47 seems to be impervious to AAA in the first pass, no matter how much AAA it will always get off 1 salvo first and to a lesser extent IL-2.
25 Jul 2014, 06:30 AM

Anything can shoot down Soviet fuel plane, even a 222 SC can do it. But the P-47 seems to be impervious to AAA in the first pass, no matter how much AAA it will always get off 1 salvo first and to a lesser extent IL-2.

afaik this is historical. P47 was a flying tank and fast. IL2 was slower but similar
25 Jul 2014, 06:33 AM

I really wish the OKW got MG34 bunkers to guard their base like everyone else. Never being able to use the soviet fuel plane if theres an OKW player is kind of lame.
25 Jul 2014, 09:00 AM

My experience was strangely the opposite. I found the Flak Emplacements (self built ones) didn't do much against Infantry, because they would keep hitting the terrain inbetween instead, however they seemed to shoot down planes very fast, faster than other sources of AA. Maybe I was just lucky with the AA hits.
25 Jul 2014, 09:08 AM

Since WFA and the flak emplacements, plains are constantly falling down and crash on the map.
Before the release I almost never saw plains falling down.
So I dont really know what you talking about :)
I find them very effective.
25 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM

I don't know what the wisdom was of giving OKW base defenses that could penetrate light armour as well as suppress infantry and shoot down planes.

OKW has the best equipment out of every faction in this game for anti-aircraft.
25 Jul 2014, 11:13 AM

I don't know what the wisdom was of giving OKW base defenses that could penetrate light armour as well as suppress infantry and shoot down planes.

+1

It's a cool idea to have different base defensive structures like the sandbag MG's for US, but OKW has something completely different. I don't like it.
25 Jul 2014, 11:16 AM

If you want solid AA get flak halftruck.

Emplacements are only AI/light armor really.
25 Jul 2014, 11:34 AM

Since WFA and the flak emplacements, plains are constantly falling down and crash on the map.
Before the release I almost never saw plains falling down.
So I dont really know what you talking about :)
I find them very effective.

Maybe it was bugged, I got 6 of them and nothing lol :) Thanks for feedback:thumbsup:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
Germany 30
United States 21
unknown 35
Germany 34
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W