Login

russian armor

Vet 5 system for all factions?

Should 5 veterancy system be possible for all factions (Sov, Ost and USA)
Option Distribution Votes
22%
78%
Total votes: 78
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Jul 2014, 12:05 PM

Just curious, I believe that currently vet 3 requires same ammount of experience like vet 5, for example Ost panther and OKW Panther.

Currently vet 3 system looks like: vet 1 gives some ability (mostly useless) 2 and 3 gives some bonuses while vet 5's looks like: 1 or 2 abilities (sometimes non maybe?) and the rest boosts this unit
23 Jul 2014, 12:08 PM

Well, both new factions already proved that vet1 can give stat boost(volks) or other kind of passive(sherman, M20, greyhound).

I see vet5 as compensation for decreased fuel for OKW and I'm fine with it being that way as long as they get reduced fuel.
23 Jul 2014, 12:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

ive thought about this before but as of now i already think that current vet 5 model we have is to good and should be toned down i don't want to imagine vet 5 snipers. right now its based on the game mechanic of okw having less resources. so unless that changed i don't think it would be a good idea. or maybe everyone was vet 5 but okw vet is just that much better. hoenstly i like the concept of 5 levels of vet but i don't like it being so amzing its like vet 3 pluss 2 more levels of vet as aposed to vet3 but spread out. if it was done it would also require alot of new abilies for all the factions, which means alot of work.
23 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM
Patrion 14

It's difficult - it will reward keeping units alive but cheap kills on them will be even more frustrating than it is already.

I like the system and the drive to keep up unit preservation. The volks for example, gain some fantastic bonuses. Conscripts and grens could really do with that scalability. Keep the med kits on all the other units and start modifying them slightly at vet 1. Although careful - this would need to be considered in the context of elite troops.
23 Jul 2014, 12:15 PM

I would like to see the vet 5 remain an OKW-only thing. I don't really have a reason for it other than flavor of the faction.
23 Jul 2014, 12:27 PM

vet5 is just silly, give all factions vet3 max, and tune the bonuses for each level.
23 Jul 2014, 12:48 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I believe that currently vet 3 requires same ammount of experience like vet 5

Afaik no.
23 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM

actually, sometimes I miss the old COH system for which US troops earned phisically the vet and Wer had to upgrade for it. (nostalgia moment OFF)

Apart from that, I think that vet 5 for OKW as compensation for less resources income it's a good compromise to keep it competitive at all game stages.
23 Jul 2014, 12:59 PM

I wish Okw units would gain Vet 1 2 and 3 faster than others, but Vet 4 and 5 take a lot longer. As most okw barely get past vet 2/3 (Volks, any kind of tank) The things you see get Vet the most are Infantry guns when they actually work, Puppchens and Obers.

Every other squad has to commit war crimes and mass genocide to get above vet 3.
23 Jul 2014, 13:01 PM

Stream tutorial FTW
23 Jul 2014, 13:12 PM

Every other squad has to commit war crimes and mass genocide to get above vet 3.

It's OK on most tanks because the other factions have difficulties vetting up their tanks too.
Only the PII vets up a little too slow in my opinion.
23 Jul 2014, 13:25 PM

I think there are a few questions to answer first:
Vet 3 = 1.6 unit value
Vet 5 = 2.0 unit value

So Vet5 is far more potent. The requirements for Vet3 on the Oberkommando and Vet3 on other factions are the same, Vet4 and 5 are just additional vet levels.
Vet1 = 2 * unit value
Vet2 = 4 * unit value
Vet3 = 8 * unit value
Vet4 = 10 * unit value
Vet5 = 13.3 * unit value

Those two unit levels for OKW are their flavor (like US gets crews), so I don't think adding it for all factions is good. Yet I don't think 5 levels with units performing twice as good at vet5 is good. I'd rather have Vet4 and 5 easier to obtain, but give a smaller bonus.
23 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM
Donator 33

Is there anywhere we can read the specifics on vet 3 / 5 bonuses for all WFA units?
23 Jul 2014, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 13:31 PMOMGPOP
Is there anywhere we can read the specifics on vet 3 / 5 bonuses for all WFA units?

Well, in game descriptions are pretty accurate as they either add an ability or a passive like self healing.
23 Jul 2014, 13:43 PM

There is no easy way at the moment as far as I know. Looking directly at the stats is the only one :/
23 Jul 2014, 14:15 PM

I think there are a few questions to answer first:
Vet 3 = 1.6 unit value
Vet 5 = 2.0 unit value

So Vet5 is far more potent. The requirements for Vet3 on the Oberkommando and Vet3 on other factions are the same, Vet4 and 5 are just additional vet levels.
Vet1 = 2 * unit value
Vet2 = 4 * unit value
Vet3 = 8 * unit value
Vet4 = 10 * unit value
Vet5 = 13.3 * unit value

Those two unit levels for OKW are their flavor (like US gets crews), so I don't think adding it for all factions is good. Yet I don't think 5 levels with units performing twice as good at vet5 is good. I'd rather have Vet4 and 5 easier to obtain, but give a smaller bonus.

weird. the call in pIV seem to vet really fast though. maybe because theyre fuel cost (hence unit value) per tank is so low
23 Jul 2014, 14:18 PM
Patrion 14

What about sharing the vet systems with the sibling armies? or justifying it historically (like so many systems?)

So for example soviet troops were untrained, so combat experience is more valuable, ergo they can gain more veterency.

Or perhaps because the germans are better trained and/or have fought on multiple fronts, their armies (both ost and OKW) can get 5 stars (to represent the breadth of experience).

I wouldn't mind seeing one other faction get the 5 star system - either the soviets or Ostheer. I actually think it would be a really nice boost to Ostheer.
23 Jul 2014, 14:20 PM

weird. the call in pIV seem to vet really fast though. maybe because theyre fuel cost (hence unit value) per tank is so low

Remember they do come with a random amount of vet as well, you can get Vet 2 or close to vet 2 and some with little or no vet but I think they do vet a little faster most likely as you said tied to their cost.
23 Jul 2014, 15:16 PM

I like it being unique as part of asymmetrical balance for OKW. Throttled resources but better reward for keeping your units alive longer.

Giving it to everyone just removes some of the individuality. They've already been stripping OKW of their uniqueness I don't want to see more of it going.
23 Jul 2014, 16:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would rather improve/tweak some of the vet abilities of OH/SU.
Also, giving some non so popular units some extra abilities with vet shouldn´t be bad.

Right now i can think of Penals, Su76, Brumbear, 250 HT, Osstruppen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★