Login

russian armor

US late game

and
11 Jul 2014, 19:51 PM

Not sure whether to make a strategy thread or a balance thread.

If I haven't won the game by 30 minutes, I lose 90% of the time. Help? Starting to get ridiculous!
11 Jul 2014, 20:28 PM

US doesnt have a late game

gotta win with riflemen in the first 20 minutes or get noobed by KT / Tiger Aces
11 Jul 2014, 20:29 PM

Get rifle company, enjoy late game.
11 Jul 2014, 20:40 PM

US lategame? You have literally nothing apart from Jacksons and (hopefully) vetted infantry.
11 Jul 2014, 20:42 PM

US lategame? You have literally nothing apart from Jacksons and (hopefully) vetted infantry.
To be fair Jacksons are really good. The problem is that it's really hard to go on the offensive with them.
11 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM

+1 usf suck balls late game expecially against a campy OKW turtle. The have shite indirectfire to rat those fukkers out.
11 Jul 2014, 20:52 PM

^^

US Infantry company with priests and AT weighted more towards bazookas and AT guns than tanks.
11 Jul 2014, 21:02 PM

The situation becomes worse on closed maps like Semoiskaya.

In late-game indirect fire is a must if you can't afford to spam tanks.
11 Jul 2014, 21:07 PM

after you buy all officers you should be able to research low upkeep cost for tanks(ie less fuel strain, less pop, faster build, perhaps makes them cheaper to build), like the original game had. also was thinking last vet on shermans should have sandbags and tracks added giving them a bit more armor or perhaps make this an upgrade at the hq also.
11 Jul 2014, 22:05 PM

Rifle Company offers a good lategame in the form of already vetted Rifles and the Easy Eight which seems like a slightly cheaper Panther from what I've gathered. of course the problem is actually getting the damn commander in the first place.

Jacksons are also excellent tank destroyers and howie Stuarts are mini-ISUs that can rip infantry apart. Apart from the manpower drain and lack of good heavy tanks apart from one company, US lategame is decent I find.
11 Jul 2014, 22:15 PM
Patrion 14

Nerf early game, buff late game.
and
11 Jul 2014, 22:28 PM

I mean, obviously some of my losses are against players better than myself, sure.

But it is just really frustrating to be playing a nice game going back and forth, and all of a sudden, everything just falls apart.

It often seems to happen once the OKW gains the right amount of vet on their falls/obers. Riflemen goes from nice to melting.

Being able to get Shermans to help out in that situation would be nice, but building anything else than Jacksons is a sure loss against heavy tanks. Even then, Jacksons are really not very reliable if you need to be on the offensive. At least, my failure rate with Jacksons is pretty high.

I remember from CoH when AT guns were actually viable to build. They also just melt asap CoH2.
and
11 Jul 2014, 22:31 PM

Also, pretty lol: the Sturmtiger one-shots Jacksons?!
11 Jul 2014, 22:42 PM

Shermans are good. M8A1s are good, M36 Jacksons are god-tier overpowered. Vet 3 Rifles with 2x BAR sweep the floor with everything except highly vetted OKW infantry. Rifles with M1919A6 are actually 100% unbeatable by any infantry in the game when they're in defensive stance. M1919A6 Paratroopers can go toe to toe with anything outside of Vet 5 Obers. Not to mention having the best HMG in the game and a 70 range AT gun.

USF can exceed 100 population with ease (although this is somewhat of an exploit imo so I wouldn't recommend using it). They have some of the best off-maps in the game, the best forward reinforce mechanic (can move it anywhere you want at any time).

Really not sure what the problem is...

OKW probably has a slight edge in the very late game but getting there is VERY difficult. USF has major advantages in the early/mid game and they're still amazingly strong in the late game.
11 Jul 2014, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 22:42 PMCieZ
Shermans are good. M8A1s are good, M36 Jacksons are god-tier overpowered. Vet 3 Rifles with 2x BAR sweep the floor with everything except highly vetted OKW infantry. Rifles with M1919A6 are actually 100% unbeatable by any infantry in the game when they're in defensive stance. M1919A6 Paratroopers can go toe to toe with anything outside of Vet 5 Obers. Not to mention having the best HMG in the game and a 70 range AT gun.

USF can exceed 100 population with ease (although this is somewhat of an exploit imo so I wouldn't recommend using it). They have some of the best off-maps in the game, the best forward reinforce mechanic (can move it anywhere you want at any time).

OKW probably has a slight edge in the very late game but getting there is VERY difficult. USF has major advantages in the early/mid game and they're still amazingly strong in the late game.

- I'm not sure why you'd think Jacksons are OP. They have 480 HEALTH and are three-shotted by almost everything that ressembles AT (the Jagdtiger does it in two shots, couple that with its 85 range ...)

- Doesn't the 70 range AT gun only exists after vetting up?

- and defensive stance require being out of combat.

- exploits obviously should be fixed, so this can't count as balance argument.

- The US player does not have sufficient strong late game AT imo. We have an acceptable AT gun (better than the ZiS gun) but then OKW has better stock tanks than the Wehrmacht did. Bazookas do **** against tanks on their own and the Jackson is very, very squishy.
and
11 Jul 2014, 23:08 PM

That's why I said I wasn't sure whether to make a balance thread or a strategy thread.

All I can say is that I lose 90% of my games that goes beyond 30 minutes, I never get any games that end close by VPs--by then, my infantry will be melting left and right. And even though you say Jacksons are "god-tier", I only seem to be able to kill tanks when my opponent makes dumb mistakes like going all in. If he plays conservatively and backs out in time, you can't follow or you will surely die to inf AT.
11 Jul 2014, 23:09 PM

You literally are the first person I saw saying M36 is God Tier. Care to elaborate? To me its a slow Puma with a better gun. A stiff breeze turns them into Salvage.
11 Jul 2014, 23:10 PM

- I'm not sure why you'd think Jacksons are OP. They have 480 HEALTH and are three-shotted by almost everything that ressembles AT (the Jagdtiger does it in two shots, couple that with its 85 range ...)

- Doesn't the 70 range AT gun only exists after vetting up?

- and defensive stance require being out of combat.

- exploits obviously should be fixed, so this can't count as balance argument.

- The US player does not have sufficient strong late game AT imo. We have an acceptable AT gun (better than the ZiS gun) but then OKW has better stock tanks than the Wehrmacht did. Bazookas do **** against tanks on their own and the Jackson is very, very squishy.

Because they are insanely fast and punch massive amount of damage. Used by a player who knows what he's doing they are able to go in - take a shoot - and go out before you will be able to react and nothing is able to keep up with them except for combat blitz Panther.
11 Jul 2014, 23:12 PM

Because they are insanely fast and punch massive amount of damage. Used by a player who knows what he's doing they are able to go in - take a shoot - and go out before you will be able to react and nothing is able to keep up with them except for combat blitz Panther.

And a Chain Stunning Ost Puma or a Turret Breaking OKW Puma. I am not anywhere near CIEZ level but I am decent. I have never had a single armored unit lost against Jacks and I have never used them effectivley myself.

So I really want to know more detail on this or see a replay (not being snarky) if they are that good then I am really not getting how they are meant to be used.
11 Jul 2014, 23:57 PM

M36 Jacksons are a 60 range, highly mobile, turreted tank destroyer that do 240 damage per shot (Jp4, Su85 only do 160). It out-ranges everything OKW have except for the Jagdtiger/Jp4 (but honestly you'll never be able to field a JT in a legit 1v1). It out-DPS's the Jp4 by a lot, and can self repair meaning you can easily "attrition" it off the field. They're also in the same tier as the normal Sherman and the M8A1, making them a lot more viable to field as compared to Su85s (which are utter trash in 1v1) and Panthers (too expensive to get to in 1v1).

I feel like I'm rambling, maybe putting it in list form will be better.

The M36 Jackson has 60 range. #Winning
It has a turret.
It does 240 damage per shot.
It is more mobile than any other TD (maybe the Panther is slightly more mobile? But we already know Panthers are terrible for their cost.)
It is located in a great place in terms of tech (unlike the SU85 and the Panther).
It can repair itself.

I just don't see how you can lose M36 Jacksons to anything other than a JT or Elefant - which never show up in 1v1s. Pak43 would be a big issue I guess (I do love me some PaK43s). You can out maneuver schrecks and AT guns, you out-range the P4, Stug, Ostwind, Puma, KT, Tiger, Panther, Bruumbar.

They're super mobile, unflankable tank killing machines that self repair and throw out 240 damage per shot... not really sure what else you could want from your TD. The health is somewhat irrelevant because you have so much mobility and repair power.

Yeah the USF At gun needs vet 1 to get 70 range but it has the best arc of fire and takes all of 1 or 2 shots at a medium tank (with a fast rate of fire) to achieve this. I still consider the PaK 40 to be the best AT gun in the game, but the USF 57mm is damn impressive for how cheap it is. Probably slightly worse than the ZiS but definitely better than the Raketen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
United Kingdom 146
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak