Login

russian armor

War Spoils explained by Relic

PAGES (10)down
27 Jun 2014, 22:15 PM

Do you want to pay for commanders or do you want them for free from playing the game?

There is just no pleasing some people I suppose.

I think the best solution would be War Spoils combined with the possibility to buy all the stuff. So those who don't want to "grind" can buy it and those who don't want spend money can grind it.
27 Jun 2014, 22:22 PM
27 Jun 2014, 22:30 PM

I can't speak for everyone...

But I miss the days when you bought a game, you would get everything to play with in the game. Play it for a year or so and then buy the eventual expansion that came out----get everything to play with and continue on.

With the current War Spoils system. I can't understand why they would want to turn it into a grind game to get things with no other option.

I think it would have been much better if they let the players do one of two things.
1.) If you don't want to buy the unlock ...then please feel free to grind it out.
2.) If you don't want to grind it out....then please feel free to buy it.

For myself it is strange - I can't stand the thought of having to grind it out. But I would at the same time be ticked if you could only buy said unlocks. But if I had a choice grind it or could buy it....I suddenly become a very happy player.

Why does Relic keep ticking its limited player base off with these decisions?
27 Jun 2014, 23:15 PM
Patrion 14

i think this system is great. i like the rarity too. i dont want to unlock things every other game especially commanders just to unlock everything in a month.

@kyle.

why dont you set a goal for yourself than having the game set for you?

for example, my goal was to get the sick faceplate on my signiture. then i got it after about 5 hrs of play while getting some nice loots on the way.
27 Jun 2014, 23:24 PM

so if you could play AI matches and stomp the EASY AI and get them rly quickly?
28 Jun 2014, 00:25 AM

Hey, thank you for explaining the System Relic. But as I said in other threads im massively dissapointed by the way its implemented.
I think its great to have these loot drops, but I dont think its okay that now everybody (after a set time) gets the content that I payed my hard earned money for, while I am getting things I already bought another time. Iam feeling like being fucking back stabbed by these decisions (why should I even have bothered buying something in the first place?).

I just convinced a friend of mine to buy CoH 2 (because I think its great), but what should I anwser if he asks me if he should by DLC (I wouldnt even recommend anything with Relic's Name on it anymore)?? I'd probably say dont buy it because you get back stabbed easily.

Its just so sad that to see that people who supported you with buying these things get utterly ignored by your Design/Business decisions. There is not even a word on how you'd handle customers that previoulsy bought commanders. Seeing that I've already gotten Jeager Infantry Commander twice (one bought, one War Spoil) I dont feel like the system offers anything besides the feeling that I've given my money to the wrong company previously.
28 Jun 2014, 02:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 23:24 PMbuckers
so if you could play AI matches and stomp the EASY AI and get them rly quickly?

I just got 3 boxes from doing a single Easy AI match.

Of course, there was nothing but shit in them, but maybe next time!
28 Jun 2014, 02:36 AM

Hey, thank you for explaining the System Relic. But as I said in other threads im massively dissapointed by the way its implemented.
I think its great to have these loot drops, but I dont think its okay that now everybody (after a set time) gets the content that I payed my hard earned money for, while I am getting things I already bought another time. Iam feeling like being fucking back stabbed by these decisions (why should I even have bothered buying something in the first place?).

I just convinced a friend of mine to buy CoH 2 (because I think its great), but what should I anwser if he asks me if he should by DLC (I wouldnt even recommend anything with Relic's Name on it anymore)?? I'd probably say dont buy it because you get back stabbed easily.

Its just so sad that to see that people who supported you with buying these things get utterly ignored by your Design/Business decisions. There is not even a word on how you'd handle customers that previoulsy bought commanders. Seeing that I've already gotten Jeager Infantry Commander twice (one bought, one War Spoil) I dont feel like the system offers anything besides the feeling that I've given my money to the wrong company previously.

What is so strange about that? You are not complaining either if you buy a magazine but a few days later the seller gives away for free all unsold copies? It happens with a lot of products... prices go down and eventually stuff goes away for free.

You paid because at that time you wanted those commanders to play with.
28 Jun 2014, 02:42 AM
Patrion 27

Daniel already said this pretty much but, this system is bullshit because I can just make a 4v4 with 7 computers and walk away and read a book and have just as good of a chance to get drops as someone playing hard games. This is pretty lame IMO.
28 Jun 2014, 02:54 AM

Daniel already said this pretty much but, this system is bullshit because I can just make a 4v4 with 7 computers and walk away and read a book and have just as good of a chance to get drops as someone playing hard games. This is pretty lame IMO.

I just did 1v1 easy AI and base pinned them with Lufftwaffe Turrets on Langerskaya. Went to the butcher shop...cooked some steaks...came back ended the game and got my drops.

Looks like its on 5-6 timer but I kinda lost track of time. I was good up to 4 hours and it didnt drop then but after a few more they dropped.
28 Jun 2014, 02:59 AM

^^^

I would be more concerned about damaging the computer components with such nonstop game running. It's summer, too- if people are to bot farm, they should do it with the lowest settings possible and make sure they have a good cooling system up.
28 Jun 2014, 03:03 AM

Man I hope it friess something. Good old bullet proof 500.00 4 year Warranty would mean a new computer ;) YAY!
28 Jun 2014, 03:22 AM

LMFAO
+1 Noun please read this.

But I say let us sell/trade commanders and bulletins!

Edit:

28 Jun 2014, 03:36 AM

I just discovered that there is a "no victory conditions" setting in custom games, so you can start a 1v1 avs the cpu and just walk away indefinitely.

I would really like to see total xp earned in a game affect drop rate. Alternatively/additionally, as someone else said, having specific goals could be very fun: the only way to get the salvage commander drop is by salvaging 100 wrecks, only way to get the recon commander is to get 5 pathfinders to vet 3, etc.

Let bulletins and camo stay random, but the things people really want should be more accessible.
28 Jun 2014, 03:37 AM

implement trading of everything, as well as steam market.
that means players can sell their items for steam wallet money

and they can swap commanders they get duplicates of, IE: when you get a dupelicate commander it goes into your coh2 inventory and doesn't dissapear so you can swap it for some ones you don't have
28 Jun 2014, 04:19 AM

I lied about the no victory conditions thing... since you can't win or lose you can't actually end the game.
28 Jun 2014, 04:45 AM
Patrion 27

True. But you could open a 1v1 Victory Points game and idle in your bases for X amount of hours then one player caps the map and wins. rinse and repeat.
28 Jun 2014, 05:06 AM

Wait... Do I have to press the surrender button in order to get warspoils? Because I've been just exiting the game cause I can't be bothered seeing my base blown up and want to move onto the next game as quickly. This might explain why every 5 1v1 games I only get one warspoil...
28 Jun 2014, 06:35 AM

I agree that the option to buy them is a good alternative. As I would give Relic my money in a heart beat.

However I am certain that this spoils system is a direct attempt at appeasing the P2W whiners.
28 Jun 2014, 06:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 22:15 PMofield

I think the best solution would be War Spoils combined with the possibility to buy all the stuff. So those who don't want to "grind" can buy it and those who don't want spend money can grind it.

If don't mind grinding, if I know what I have to do

Under the old system bulletins were linked to achievements, therefore if you wanted a given bulletin you knew what you had to do to get it and could go about doing it

Now drops are controlled only, and partially, but what faction you play but are otherwise random

Because there is no control over duplicates this means you will get stuff you already have, that you have either put time or money into getting.

Which, because no one needs duplicate commanders or more than 3 of the same bulletin, is effectively worthless because you cannot do anything with it
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS