Login

russian armor

Why so many Axis Lovers?

27 Jun 2014, 23:07 PM
Patrion 14

The sequel has Richard Burton disgracing himself and, indeed, will indelibly destroy the original if you expose yourself to it.
27 Jun 2014, 23:20 PM

A key point that I think is missing from this thread is how the nature of team games favor the axis, particularly Ostheer. Look at the maxim vs the 42 in practice: which one needs support more? The infantry balance also encourages axis units to work in teams, while conscripts and rifles do better running around the map alone.

It's just easier to play well as a team as axis. The teching is part of this too: soviets can really only go t3 or t4 and t1 or t2, while every Ostheer player can go t1 t2 and have that be a viable build.

A noob who spams penals is useless in a team game. A noob who spams mg42s can be helpful.
27 Jun 2014, 23:40 PM

naziboos, i swear, but you gotta love em

who else is going to ignore the slaughter of millions of civilians because
DAT PRETTY UNIFORM
28 Jun 2014, 00:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 23:40 PMbuckers
naziboos, i swear, but you gotta love em

who else is going to ignore the slaughter of millions of civilians because
DAT PRETTY UNIFORM

Yeah, because the Soviet Union, British Empire and the United States of America never killed/oppressed anywhere close to that number of people....

28 Jun 2014, 00:23 AM

^lol truth hurts. I would say at this point in time the Americans have killed more innocent people than either the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany.
28 Jun 2014, 00:24 AM

WW2 German uniforms were magnificent to be honest, and if I was alive during WW2 I would've joined the German Army if I could simply because the uniforms were that good. The German uniforms commanded respect and fear, so people really shouldn't be surprised if more people play the Germans in WW2 games if given the chance. Surprisingly, Relic actually managed to make proper German uniforms for the OKW. I was a bit dissapointed with the uniforms the Ostheer has when I first played CoH2, but they massively improved upon that aspect for the OKW.
28 Jun 2014, 00:29 AM

WW2 German uniforms were magnificent to be honest, and if I was alive during WW2 I would've joined the German Army if I could simply because the uniforms were that good. The German uniforms commanded respect and fear, so people really shouldn't be surprised if more people play the Germans in WW2 games if given the chance. Surprisingly, Relic actually managed to make proper German uniforms for the OKW. I was a bit dissapointed with the uniforms the Ostheer has when I first played CoH2, but they massively improved upon that aspect for the OKW.

that's redicious. this is war, not a fashion contest, lol.
28 Jun 2014, 00:31 AM

oh, and shut up up death's head, your avatar the badge that soldiers who stood around prison camps and executed jews used

i don't think you can really call out any of the other nations for the atrocities they may have commited, lol

axis were the bad guys, deal with it.
28 Jun 2014, 00:33 AM

Hugo Boss never disappoints. That said...Soviet marines during WWII had the most bad-ass uniforms in the history of human warfare:

28 Jun 2014, 00:33 AM

To each their own. While people may not care about how a military uniform looks, I do and it's why I haven't joined the Canadian Army yet; i'm waiting for the Government to make combat uniforms that look good and command respect. Fashion has some relevance in war since there are people like me who won't fight unless our military has uniforms that look good/magnificent.
28 Jun 2014, 00:34 AM

Hugo Boss never disappoints.

http://racked.com/archives/2011/09/22/hugo-boss-produced-uniforms-for-german-armed-forces-waffen-ss-during-world-war-ii.php

"there is no indication that the Hugo Boss company played any kind of leading role in [the uniform production] sector. Nor do the available sources indicate in any way that it was involved in designing uniforms."

" make the uniforms, Boss had 140 forced laborers, (mostly women) and 40 French POWs from 1940-1941. And though "there is some evidence that Boss himself tried to alleviate conditions" for the workers, Köster writes, "he took no action to stop [it] either." Additionally, the study shows that the Hugo Boss factory was just one company producing the uniforms: In total, there were 15,000 companies responsible for production."

To each their own. While people may not care about how a military uniform looks, I do and it's why I haven't joined the Canadian Army yet; i'm waiting for the Government to make combat uniforms that look good and command respect. Fashion has some relevance in war since there are people like me who won't fight unless our military has uniforms that look good/magnificent.

lol, are you like, 12? joining the army is being trained to kill people, and they spend a lot of money nowadays to make you a trained killer, especially the western countries. and you're concerned about the uniforms? now... something tells me if that's the case you don't have what it takes to make it in any armed forces...

lol
28 Jun 2014, 00:35 AM

Look at all the avatars! We're all Nazis!

Kommandant Holly?
28 Jun 2014, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 00:31 AMbuckers
oh, and shut up up death's head, your avatar the badge that soldiers who stood around prison camps and executed jews used

You know so little of history it is actually astounding. You know the Death's Head symbol traces back to the Hussars of Frederick the Great's armies over two hundred years ago right?

It's a historic German military symbol, the 3rd SS just adopted it.

axis were the bad guys, deal with it.

Sure, if you are 3 years old. There are no good-guys and bad-guys in real life. All humans are greedy and power-hungry.
28 Jun 2014, 00:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

yeah stop bad mouthing the nazis, those guys get a bad rap
28 Jun 2014, 00:46 AM

Some people here are taking this far too serious :D (And they make no sense by the way höhö)
28 Jun 2014, 00:47 AM

Like I said buckers, fashion does have some relevance in war and no amount of insults will change that fact. I myself know a few other people who said they would join the Canadian Army if the Government makes combat uniforms that look good/stylish, so I have no doubt there were many people like myself during WW2, but this is indeed veering a bit off topic.

As for Death's Head avatar, you do realise that "Death's Head" is an actual symbol that predates Nazi Germany, right? If my memory serves me right, the Death's Head symbol was used roughly 170 years ago by Prussian hussars under King Frederick, so it's definitely not a symbol exclusive to Nazi Germany, that's for sure.

EDIT: Looks like the user Death's Head already answered regarding the symbol predating Nazi Germany.
28 Jun 2014, 00:49 AM
Donator 11

its because you all know deep down you have been lied to.
28 Jun 2014, 01:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 00:49 AMspajn
its because you all know deep down you have been lied to.

Who could have started this lie?
28 Jun 2014, 03:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Like I said buckers, fashion does have some relevance in war and no amount of insults will change that fact. I myself know a few other people who said they would join the Canadian Army if the Government makes combat uniforms that look good/stylish, so I have no doubt there were many people like myself during WW2, but this is indeed veering a bit off topic.

click here
28 Jun 2014, 06:20 AM

As for Death's Head avatar, you do realise that "Death's Head" is an actual symbol that predates Nazi Germany, right? If my memory serves me right, the Death's Head symbol was used roughly 170 years ago by Prussian hussars under King Frederick, so it's definitely not a symbol exclusive to Nazi Germany, that's for sure.

EDIT: Looks like the user Death's Head already answered regarding the symbol predating Nazi Germany.

Why don't you just cross the border to the USA and join their armed forces. They're the biggest spenders when it comes to make uniforms merely based on the "Chicks Dig It" factor and with the most useless camouflage ever.
http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21600700-expense-and-stupidity-too-big-camouflage-out-sight

But if you were more worldly, you would know that the russian's got the best uniforms, uncle Vlad is a cunning man indeed.

The cutting edge of camouflage has been demonstrated by the Russian Army in Crimea:

They showed up overnight.
And invaded Crimea without firing a shot.

Uniforms with no flag, no names, no insignia, and no rank with their faces covered by balaclavas. Russia denied the invisible army and they still do; insisting it was all a grass-root people's revolution.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★