Login

russian armor

Sturm offizer and Panzerfusilier

26 Jun 2014, 14:14 PM

Opinions on them? I've had unwanted retreats with the sturm offizer due to not handling him properly.

Katitof:

Sturm officer it is 1.2 or 1.25 accuracy modifier.

Most likely something similar for ROF of sherman.

Panzerfusilier: They seem to work pretty well as meat shield with 6 x Gren like k98 damage (conscripts, volksgrens) even although their AT ability is not that good. I miss a lot and it's hard to see if they fired the AT nade or not.

They don't suffer from squad wipes as often as the other German squads so I often get vet 5.

The G43 upgrade doesn't seem to be worth it at all (2 x G43s (?)) after checking Coh2stats.

https://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/small_arms

Do panzerfusiliers have bonus range or sight????
26 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM

Ummm panzer fusiliers get 6 G43s and they are beasts with it, only shocks can stand up and still loose for the cost.
26 Jun 2014, 14:38 PM

Panzer fusiliers are extreme useful. Very good durability and they scale so good into endgame. They can inflict engine damage and you don't have to be afraid to get a wiped squad once chasing a tank for the engine damage.

They have a good sight range, means that they can spot for your Jagdtiger + a flare ability.
The vet 5 ability (perma sprint) is pretty decent to keep map control.

The sturmoffizier is good in early game imo. You get 3 obersoldaten very early. Keep the squad in range and you will get your kills with time.

Only thing I don't understand is why the Sturmoffizier can not gain any vet. Isn't he the only unit in the game that is handicapped in that way. Maybe a bug?
26 Jun 2014, 16:29 PM

Panzerfusiliers are awesome, borderline OP if you ask me.
26 Jun 2014, 16:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Panzerfusileers are absolutely my favourite play style for OKW. Panzerfusilieers are just everything OKW need; they're strong, very powerful long range, have good grenades making them good against close range assaults, and especially since they have AT Grenades which are a god damn blessing for OKW. They synnergise very well with the Fuel into munitions transfer. You don't need much fuel income as OKW since how incredibly cost effective Pumas are if controlled correctly. Once I get 2 Squads of PanzerFusilieers with G43's and a Volks with a Shrek, I then put munitions into fuel income and go for second Puma or Panther.

The STurmofficer buff is fantastic too, and force retreat can be nice against Vetted shocks, MG or even Lieutenant and LMG Airbourne.
26 Jun 2014, 16:52 PM

Am I right that the officer gives bonus to a teammate's troops in 2v2? I'm sure the icons appeared above their heads...
26 Jun 2014, 17:14 PM

In team games the officer appears to give the bonus to team mate's units. I do not know if it forces team mate's units to retreat if he dies.
26 Jun 2014, 17:31 PM

Also Assault Artillery is the shit if the match turns into a stalemate, it works a bit like Registered Artillery from vCoH 1 however it can only hit enemy points and the best thing about it is that even if you miss any unit the area is covered in smoke making any long ranged weapons worthless in that area. The rapid capture point is also great once you drive the other army from the map as you can capture points and then get you units back in the fight.

Its a great Commander but Luft has those early MG34s...
26 Jun 2014, 18:29 PM

Checked again- it's 3 x G43s. The unit has extended sight range. The G43s are not worth it. Their engagement range is also 35.

It's a very good unit although the AT nade is no where as good as the PzS. Grenades are good. Volksgrens w/ pzS are still needed.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 14:29 PMKatitof
Ummm panzer fusiliers get 6 G43s and they are beasts with it, only shocks can stand up and still loose for the cost.
26 Jun 2014, 20:44 PM

Panzerfüsilier don't do as much damage as Fallschirmjäger or Obersoldaten, but they are not really intended to at that price I would say.

But they are solid and with 6 men quite durable. They seem to get also quite nice with veterancy, especially at veterancy 5 which is not unrealistic to get with them. They are also good infantry scouts / spotters. Having an infantry scout unit has its advantages if the enemy has a lot of anti tank; don't want to lose that Puma instantly while driving in. Panzerfüsiliers will be your friend there.
26 Jun 2014, 20:51 PM

My last match vs. US went well. I used 1-2 x Panzerfusiliers + 1 x volksgrens with panzershreck on each VP. I also had a sturm offizer. Most munitions went to nades and panzershreck upgrades early-mid game.

I got most of my soft target kills with pzF and they can see like snipers (or almost like them) and kite infantry.

The volksgrens did all the vehicle damage until the panther rushed in. I did not make a single rwerfer.

I made 5 x pzFusilier and 4 x volksgrens in the whole match. I only had 1 x pioneer.

I built T1-T2, built T4, built a panther, and then built T3/muni to fuel conversion/repair shop.
26 Jun 2014, 21:53 PM

I've found Fusiliers to be extremely good when combined with AT support and Volksgrenadiers and a Sturm Officer. Their damage output is extremely good as well if they get high levels of veterency, which helps with containing American infantry blobs.
27 Jun 2014, 02:02 AM

Those panzerfusiliers with G43s are about the same level or even worse than obersoldaten. They take almost no damage and their G43s can snipe american infantry from long range. What is their armour again?
27 Jun 2014, 05:35 AM

Both rifles have range 35. I think it's just that they can see so far around them that makes it look like they have great range. Obersoldaten do significantly more damage and have better range but they are available much later in the game.

1 x G43 PzF: 8.1/3.4/1.7

1 x K98 PzF: 3.3/2/1.6
27 Jun 2014, 09:19 AM

Both rifles have range 35. I think it's just that they can see so far around them that makes it look like they have great range. Obersoldaten do significantly more damage and have better range but they are available much later in the game.

1 x G43 PzF: 8.1/3.4/1.7

1 x K98 PzF: 3.3/2/1.6

At vet 3, 4 or 5 (can't remember which one now) Panzerfusiliers get additional 5 range.
27 Jun 2014, 10:13 AM

So they keep retreating when the officer himself dies? Man I kept wondering wth that was.

I find the combo of fusiliers and officer very strong. Officer + Obersoldaten is horrible to behold. Wow... so wipe... Many death
27 Jun 2014, 10:37 AM

What exactly does the officer do? Rate of fire + accuracy bonus? If so, how much?
27 Jun 2014, 10:55 AM

What exactly does the officer do? Rate of fire + accuracy bonus? If so, how much?

Maybe if you would actually read the thread you post in, you wouldn't have to post in the first place?
27 Jun 2014, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 10:55 AMKatitof

Maybe if you would actually read the thread you post in, you wouldn't have to post in the first place?

I did, it looked like OP didn't know for sure either, thats why I asked...
28 Jun 2014, 02:29 AM

Panzerfusilier are borderline broken at the moment in my opinion. The normal squad is already pretty good once it gets vet, but with G43 they counter US and Soviet troops at exactly the ranges those should excel at. Even against snipers the G43 perform pretty good since they moving modifiers are better than those of the Kar98k. In general I think it's a no-brainer upgrade, as they get more vision range and get better at every single range as well as better on the move.

Sturm Officer is pretty nice, but I find that unit really annoying at times. I would want a 'follow' button for it, like in vCoH, else it's sometimes just a lot of work to keep him in a neat position. He definitely helps squads a lot, as their bonus damage also means they vet up faster - Which Panzerfüsiliers already do with G43s, so it's not hard to get them really quickly to Vet5.

And regarding the Sturm Officer - It gives 10% more accuracy to infantry. It also has effects on support weapons, but in order to get more people to actually look such stuff up I'll not share it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment