Login

russian armor

OKW Truck and Pushing/Crushing

PAGES (9)down
24 Jun 2014, 19:00 PM
Patrion 310

Why are you even discussing M3's. The issue is with the OKW trucks not M3's. Anyone who says M3's or mines are worse than truck crushing simply hasn't had it done to them. Mines or M3's cannot kill 10+ infantry at the very start of the game for free.
24 Jun 2014, 19:02 PM

except that m3 is a convertable so there isn't much armor...

The m3 was somehow designed for some sort of combat, anyways, its pretty hard to kill the driver from the armored front with those metal window flaps compared to a big windshield. Anyways, it was implemented way back when for some reason, and now it causes many problems and it has to change. But its impossible to balance without getting rid of it altogether. Anyways, its still a bit silly for the base unit that build units in which itself can crush entire squads as the first thing it does. -Especially in a tactical RTS like this.
24 Jun 2014, 19:02 PM

Why are you even discussing M3's. The issue is with the OKW trucks not M3's. Anyone who says M3's or mines are worse than truck crushing simply hasn't had it done to them. Mines or M3's cannot kill 10+ infantry at the very start of the game for free.

anyone who says m3's aren't as much of an issue as truck crushing obviously hasn't played against a player with good micro with sov tier 1
24 Jun 2014, 19:12 PM

Why has the M3 discussion migrated here? That has nothing to do with the topic.
I agree though, there is no reason I or my opponents should be provided a free unit that provides free recon, the ability to kill by crushing units, and resistant to most fire without any penalty. Before launch during testing, the OKW were starved of resources and relied on the trucks for their economy so they couldn't risk pushing them in the front lines. When the OKW economy was adjusted, they became free units that floated around until we had enough resources to convert them until we discovered they could be used to disrupt and crush units. I'm completely surprised this made it to launch. These trucks meed their heavy crush removed or should require MP/Resource (all mostly deducted from their conversion rate) to dispatch.
24 Jun 2014, 19:13 PM
Patrion 310

anyone who says m3's aren't as much of an issue as truck crushing obviously hasn't played against a player with good micro with sov tier 1

I've played vs M3's plenty and yes they need changing but I've also seen good players beat M3 spam as well like Von Ivan, who even gave several replays that all the usual suspects (including you most likely) flat out ignored.

You however, have virtually 0 experience as allies and no experience of 1v1's and 2v2's where its the biggest issue. Once again, this thread has NOTHING to do with M3's (unless you want M3's to have vehicle crush, then it would be relevant) so stop banging on about it. Go make a thread about M3's or maybe just play Allies once in awhile, instead of living in 4v4 as Germans.

Why has the M3 discussion migrated here? That has nothing to do with the topic.

Because certain people just want to Scream Soviet OP in every thread. Its easier than admitting they suck at the game. Shame there isn't an ignore option on the forums.
24 Jun 2014, 19:24 PM

I've played vs M3's plenty and yes they need changing but I've also seen good players beat M3 spam as well like Von Ivan, who even gave several replays that all the usual suspects (including you most likely) flat out ignored.

You however, have virtually 0 experience as allies and no experience of 1v1's and 2v2's where its the biggest issue. Once again, this thread has NOTHING to do with M3's (unless you want M3's to have vehicle crush, then it would be relevant) so stop banging on about it. Go make a thread about M3's or maybe just play Allies once in awhile, instead of living in 4v4 as Germans.

Because certain people just want to Scream Soviet OP in every thread. Its easier than admitting they suck at the game. Shame there isn't an ignore option on the forums.

Virtually 0 expierence as 1v1 allies eh? ALL my 1v1 is soviets you tard. M3's may as well be cheating. Maybe you should play as Germans once in a while sov fangirl?
24 Jun 2014, 19:30 PM

Virtually 0 expierence as 1v1 allies eh? ALL my 1v1 is soviets you tard. M3's may as well be cheating. Maybe you should play as Germans once in a while sov fangirl?

And a big fat ass truck at your fuel at 30 secs that has ridiculous health against small arms is not cheating? Its not cheating that a god damn supply truck can deny your resources all day long?

Back in CoH1, the Kettens atleast could be killed fairly easy. The supply trucks are nigh undestroyable early game! Dont believe me?

Drive your supply truck, that by the way you get for free, to your opponents cutoff, push and crush him while laughing at the 2% dmg he has done, send some support in, GG.

Its pretty much it. While Soviets atleast can chase the truck with their M3 ( but this forces them to go early T1 and early M3), Americans are fucking helpless. You can make assault engineers from the armor doctrine work, but it requires excellent micro and a dumb opponent.

The truck in its current form is not fair, as it gives you an pretty much uncounterable advantage and is not used as intended that way. This has absolutely nothing to do with M3's!

Also, i dont see you playing 1v1 at all. All i can see are 600+ purely german teamgames! Hypocrite much?
24 Jun 2014, 20:11 PM

Just reduce it's speed rough, pass it onto to Relic and thank me later.
24 Jun 2014, 20:28 PM

So Barton sucks at the game? Who's gonna break the news to him then?
24 Jun 2014, 20:35 PM
Patrion 310

So Barton sucks at the game? Who's gonna break the news to him then?

I wasn't talking to Barton and you know that.
24 Jun 2014, 20:57 PM

I think if you got run over by this thing you would die.

But dude it's so slow , I mean even if you have no legs and arms you can escape before it hits you..
24 Jun 2014, 20:59 PM

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make the first truck a glass truck?
and than the second a bit better, third best?
24 Jun 2014, 21:53 PM

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make the first truck a glass truck?
and than the second a bit better, third best?

That sounds like a good fix, but I don't see why they shouldn't all be squishy.
24 Jun 2014, 22:02 PM

I tried running over infantry, but i barely squished a few models. Its too slow and infantry AI make infantry superman around it at super high speeds. Im no good at abusing strats... D:
24 Jun 2014, 22:14 PM

I've had people try it on me but other than being a little extra micro inconvenience it hasn't had a dramatic impact on my game. Should definitely be removed though.
25 Jun 2014, 00:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I tried running over infantry, but i barely squished a few models. Its too slow and infantry AI make infantry superman around it at super high speeds. Im no good at abusing strats... D:

It can be used to push infantry out of and smash cover so the sturmpios can mop them up.
25 Jun 2014, 03:11 AM

its an integrity issue, if u want the win so badly, use it. i will leave game and give you the win. stats is one thing, competitive games is much more important.

honestly, m3 dont stop capping like the truck does and the truck is so resistant to small arms they can do it all day, follow up with infantry and kubelwagen and poom, there goes ur cut off.

then its a downhill fight from there on.
25 Jun 2014, 08:58 AM

if you see someone using the truck to crush

hit shift tab

go into 'players'

hit the 'recent players' tab

click on the most recent display picture that isn't yours

next to 'add as a friend' is a 'more' button with a dropdown list

hit 'block all communications'

hit 'yes/accept'

you will never get matched with this player again, due to coh2 using steamworks

have fun :)
25 Jun 2014, 09:44 AM