Login

russian armor

Exponential Unit Pop Cost ? (Discussion)

16 Jun 2014, 05:12 AM

I don't like this idea because it forces people into not spamming without any real reason but "I don't like spam."

If the problem in the game is that spamming is too effective then blame Relic for making that unit too effective and not encouraging combined arms. Tell them to redesign their units ( which I doubt they listen )

Still with the designs we have now at least this game has less unit spamming then vCoH when I played vCoH 1v1s were always riflemen spam, then 2v2s and over turns into ranger spam or airborne spam + snipers.

Combined arms is a bit more rewarding in CoH2 although somewhat forced because of the silly abilities.
16 Jun 2014, 05:28 AM

this would be ok if units had certain cap, then a minor population/cost penalty. Etc like grens 4, conscripts 6, mg42/maxims 2, both snipers 1, SC 2.
16 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM

Those limits would just hurt Germans while leaving Soviets fairly comfortable. 6 cons and if you want more infantry, you can get Penals too. 4 Grens facing 8 or more Cons/Penals. Unfair.
16 Jun 2014, 05:52 AM

As much as I like counter-spamming decisions....no.
The design of soviet faction rely on spamming. Spamming this, spamming that. It's true I use combined arms while playing with soviets, but it's not as efficient as it is crazy spamming practice.
So if you want this implemented, they should completely change the sov faction design. Which is not feasible nor apropriate.
Having this said it is still easier to play with soviets. :)
16 Jun 2014, 06:02 AM

this would be ok if units had certain cap, then a minor population/cost penalty. Etc like grens 4, conscripts 6, mg42/maxims 2, both snipers 1, SC 2.

There should be a limit on weapon teams, but not infantry. In turn the MGs would be more effective while they have a limit so the Germans have to use each MG as effectively as they can while other infantry supporting instead of the ability to spam them out like you can now.

However, I don't think Relic coders are going to spend any time creating a whole new UI that keeps track of how many support weapons you can carry, so don't count on it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★