Login

russian armor

Do you guys enjoy the vehicle-centric meta?

13 Jun 2014, 17:01 PM

This is my feeling as well.

As the game moves forward infantry become a liability to you as they cost mp but do little. One shot wipes are still very high for Ost, and two shot wipes are common for Soviets (which is little better). Watching vet 3 infantry evaporate to most tanks in the late game is stupid. Why did I work so hard to preserve them?

+1 I have noticed alot of one shot whipes lately. Maybe RNG has been in my favor but I dont remember getting this many one shot whipes before the latest patch with anything that was not IS2.

T34/85s have been whiping Ost squads alot on Semoisky. Right next to the church they come around the corner hugging the wall and BLAMO two dead squads of Grens to an AT tank....
13 Jun 2014, 17:02 PM

I like the way it is currently. Tanks are strong but Infantry AT keeps them in-check. They can't freely roam without risking Engine Damage, so they need infantry to support them. All that needs fixed is the ISU, M3 spam, and call-ins being more worth it can teching.
14 Jun 2014, 00:51 AM
Benefactor 340

This is my feeling as well.

As the game moves forward infantry become a liability to you as they cost mp but do little. One shot wipes are still very high for Ost, and two shot wipes are common for Soviets (which is little better). Watching vet 3 infantry evaporate to most tanks in the late game is stupid. Why did I work so hard to preserve them?

I don't think infantry necessarily becomes a liability late game they just switch roles roles from the main vanguard of your force to a supporting force that should be used in conjunction with the vehicles to control the maps, the game is trying to say don't use anything on their own, u need a balance of vehicles and infantry later in the game, if you watch good players like Barton, twister siberian etc they keep their infantry until the late game and use them to harass territory, steal at guns scout anything, i don't see any of those good players only using vehicles in the late game

unless your going up against ISU-152 then you can forget about infantry completely because the damn thing can one shot a vet 3 squad from across the map
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★