Login

russian armor

Let's talk Coh2 - Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
13 Jun 2014, 15:43 PM

When was I ever cruel? I stated my opinion and how I felt. Never did I say I attacked people in game or went around taking people's lunch money.

All i said was I don't respect or feel sorry for people who can have such thin skin they can't take some nobody calling them names over the interwebs... Read carefully for Christ sake.
13 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
You assume people to be Emo's or suicide endangered overly sensitive pussies. What do you expect?
13 Jun 2014, 15:59 PM

Maybe I shouldn't talk about how I feel in regards to addicts, psychologically Ill, and homosexuals then?

too soon? Lol. Lighten up!!! And no I said people who can't take an insult online and let it get into their head are overly sensitive.
13 Jun 2014, 17:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

When was I ever cruel? I stated my opinion and how I felt. Never did I say I attacked people in game or went around taking people's lunch money.

All i said was I don't respect or feel sorry for people who can have such thin skin they can't take some nobody calling them names over the interwebs... Read carefully for Christ sake.

You're right. There's no reason I couldn't have stated my opinion without dragging your name through the mud. I was wrong and I apologize.
13 Jun 2014, 17:47 PM

Much appreciated computerheat apology accepted!
13 Jun 2014, 17:53 PM
Patrion 14

Indeed.

All we need to do now is roll out that type of courtesy across the game.
13 Jun 2014, 18:51 PM

You're complaining about other people trolling (which to be honest we could all do without) but look at what you wrote. Accusing other posters of lacking manliness and bringing their mothers into the conversation. Glass houses, stones, etc.

Of all the people on the forum, I notice your posts are the most aggressive. You fill them with smileys to mask it but your message is always "lol, fanboy, deal with it :)"

I think it's likely you're somehow provoking the other players either by what you say or by abusing the most annoying units.

True 100%.
13 Jun 2014, 19:23 PM

Indeed.

All we need to do now is roll out that type of courtesy across the game.

Well said sir. Well said indeed...
13 Jun 2014, 19:55 PM

Permanently Banned

True 100%.

So you need to quote someone to show me how much you like me? Why not sending me your love via PM? :D :D :D

15 Jun 2014, 15:19 PM

So I have a few of my own observations as well. One thing is that Terminology is abused in wrong situations. For example people are frowned upon during streams for having 3 gren or con squads and being called a "spammer" or like at 3:28 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOip1Eo4Ce4

For whatever reason having three units some what near each other is a "blob".

Both of these terms are ment as derogatory and should really stop being used.

Another thing I have noticed is RNG. Dont blame or lash out at your opponent for having "good" (or in your case you having bad) luck. Its not their fault, No one has control over RNG.
15 Jun 2014, 17:00 PM

If you kill yourself to things said to you on the internet, you are weak and don't deserve to live on this harsh planet. I have 0 tolerance for weakness, this is earth and we are animals trying to survive. If you get called a "fag" by some nerckbeard and can't take it, I feel very sorry for you.

Yep, this 14 year old child named Hannah who was cyber bullied for months before committing suicide was a pussy and didn't deserve to live on this planet any more.

Or maybe you're talking shit...
15 Jun 2014, 18:23 PM

depends, wuff. how badly was she cyber bullied and who did them. if she knew who did them and couldnt do anything to stop them, i wouldnt be surprised if the bullying became overboard and she committed suicide.

but for a random gaming community with your mother insults and shit, people who cant keep their temper in check because of some random guy early gging him.

i'll quote peter griffin

'OMG, WHO.THE.HELL.CARES?'
15 Jun 2014, 18:36 PM

Exactly.

I mean, I've got a whole fanclub of whiny lil bitches stalking me and throwing shit at me within this community :D one even goes as far as stalking me on twitch chats just to throw more shit(love you lyds) :)

You can't play pvp game without having a thick skin.
15 Jun 2014, 18:37 PM

I always try to be respectful in game, to both allies and opponents. Sure, I can flick the rage switch here but I always try avoid direct personal insults just incase that person may be mentally weak. You never know if that person on the otherside of the screen may be suffering from major real life issues and your anonymous harmful words may be the pivoting action that makes them a tragic mistake.

I bet if you knew someone personally that was suffering from depression you would do anything to try lighten their load and get them to view the world in a positive manner again. However, you could decide to further bring them down by adding in more abuse, causing their condition to further spiral out of control. I think when it comes to the internet, people are more inclined to pick the later option as they simply do not know the other person.

A guy I used to work with in high school chemistry class ended up killing himself. He wasn't a close friend, just a guy I knew and worked with and I wasn't aware he was going through a rough patch for couple months til after he died. I suppose all the issues just compounded on him and he took that choice to get out of it. I knew something was wrong with him a few hours before he commited suicide, but I did not realise the magnitude of his issue. I just let him sit there and relax, whilst I did all the laboratory work. Even though I never contributed to his problem, I've always wondered if maybe just some nice words from myself would of made a difference. :(

In context of the internet game, although you would never find yourself directly involved in such a predicament, you can still be indirectly be minor contributing factor to someone harming themselves. After that experience with that guy in my chemistry class I just assume everyone has depression issues and I try to not contribute to their problem but fix it. On the internet just staying silent or being positive is the best thing you can do to achieve that.

It doesn't hurt to just be nice. :)
15 Jun 2014, 20:07 PM

Yea, I think committing suicide because some dude that you can easily block/ignore calls you names on the internet is kinda dumb.

That you even take dumbasses on the internet seriously is also quite dumb.
15 Jun 2014, 21:48 PM
Patrion 15

It's not that everybody doesn't agree that things would be better if everybody was happy, cheerful, and kind all of the time. I'm sure you would have a very hard time finding someone who disagrees with that notion.

The problem here is that it's the internet, Seriously what did you actually expect? When given anonymity, some people will behave in an anti-social way just because they can without consequence. It's 2014 and if you haven't learned that by now, I'm not sure you will ever "get it."

To take it a step further, the reason you are being called a pussy isn't because of your moral high ground, It's because you seem to actually think that if you complain about it on the internet, the problem will somehow be fixed.

Just ignore it.

While its true that many people will never change, that doesn't mean that discussion can't open the eyes to a few. It might not even occur to some people, particularly young people, that their typed words have a real impact on someones mood. Isn't that how social change happens? Enough people decide that what is the socially accepted norm will no longer be tolerated, and people respond. I don't think this is 100% applicable to the internet because there is no way to enforce it. However, I don't think everyone online is a scumbag, even then people being a dick are likely just having a bad day or are upset about something else. Its the good people having a bad day that might take note of topics like this and plant the seed for better behavior. It certainly couldn't hurt, could it?

I think a negative experience sticks out in your memory much more than a positive one. You could have 100 neutral or positive experiences, and one negative, and everyone is going to both remember, and talk about the negative experience. Most of the games I play fall into the "neutral" category, where neither one of us says a whole lot to the other.
15 Jun 2014, 21:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

the person on the other end of the abuse/whatever is the one making the choice to kill themselves. unless your holding a gun to someones head you can't make them kill themselves. that said it doesn't' excuse the behavior and can play a part in pushing someone over the edge. though being abusive in general is often someone coping with there own issues whatever they may be.
15 Jun 2014, 22:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

People should be nicer. Cyber-bullying is a real problem, it has real effects on people, and it is very fucking real when children decide to hang themselves because of it. We aren't born ready for a world where people exist only to hurt others.

Adults should be able to put up with shit, but that doesn't give people license to be horrible. Dichotimizing the argument to people who are "Overly sensitive" and those who "Can take it" is a huge oversimplification of human emotion. It shows a severe lack of understanding.

I find some of the comments in here deplorable and shameful. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can scar for life.
15 Jun 2014, 22:45 PM

It can't be that hard to be nice and polite. If you have to hate the game not the players.

16 Jun 2014, 01:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 17:00 PMwuff

Yep, this 14 year old child named Hannah who was cyber bullied for months before committing suicide was a pussy and didn't deserve to live on this planet any more.

Or maybe you're talking shit...

This person gets so sympathy from me... Hate to say it but it's just the way I feel... She was incredibly weak. Suicide is a cowards way out.. It's also selfish. It's sad that this young person is dead...
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS