Login

russian armor

Panzergranadiers!!! Does it worth ?

10 Jun 2014, 15:02 PM
Patrion 14

They are pretty cool with G43s, yeah. Their mid-range DPS is better IIRC than a gren with the same weapon.

I've experimented with a G43 / shrek armed squad as a bit of an all-rounder, but they are simply too squishy to risk that many munis tbh.
10 Jun 2014, 17:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reliable wipe chasing retreating squads, support weapons and can hold on their own while in cover.
They are on a better spot than Penals on the ol patch while they behave on a similar way (glass cannons) since they can also be used as a mobile AT platform.

If anything, i can see a slight cost/reinforcement reductiion. Is their reinforcement cost still 45?
I could see something like: 320mp - 40mp to reinforce.
10 Jun 2014, 17:52 PM

expensive, high damage dealing glasscannons, similar, however not useless like the old glasscannon 360mp penals.

Need a cost reduction to 320 mp , reinforce cost 35 manpower, or something similar to that.

I definately do not want to see the old uber troops like they were before.
Lets save stuff like that for OKW.

10 Jun 2014, 17:56 PM

that playercard, shit...

:D Fuck, dat opinion is NOT biased at all!!
10 Jun 2014, 18:08 PM

Pretty worthless pricewise.

Only use i find them is making 1 squad upgrade shreck and keep near my pak in case it got circled.

Only other use would be take 1 squad with ur gren blobb for some additional close range DPS,keep it at the back as if its front it will get focus fired and toasted soon.

Pretty much apart from pzgrens germans don't have doctrinal infantry like soviets..so with 40 reinforce, MP 340 unit that has same survivability as gren...and gren witrh LMG can match that damage more or less...no reason to build it at all.Hence,grenspam.

Costs 100 mp more than gren,crippling 40 mp reinforce highest in the game...no appreciable return.Maybe if it was 300 mp,35 mp reinforce..might be worth it.Otherwise 240 mp gren far more desirable.

If i want a lategame close range unit i get flame pio...its useful for repairing the tanks as well and dirt cheap at 200 mp.Mix it in a gren blob and it can do quite well.
10 Jun 2014, 21:07 PM

Permanently Banned
they are completely useless .... even conscripts can take them out.

Katitof and the rest of the soviet fangirl club will still whine till pzg can be taken out by pioneers.
10 Jun 2014, 21:45 PM

Permanently Banned
This lucks guys get MP44 father of the father assault rifle, and you put g43??? kkkkkkk yeah, only because the mp44 in this game are paintball...

13 Jun 2014, 09:47 AM
14 Jun 2014, 02:30 AM
Patrion 15

No fighting please. I am sick of reading garbage posts just to find those that are on topic on this forum.

To answer your question, PG role is now different. They excel in medium/short range engagements. I suggest that once you get with this range threshold you stop moving, get in cover and finish off your opponent. Approaching conscripts from these ranges over no or negative cover will likely result in the PG's losing the engagement.

I personally use PG's just to cover my support weapons such as MG42/snipers from aggresive conscript movements. I upgrade them with shrecks when mobile burst AT fire I need that my pak40, P4 and Stug can not provide.

They are still good units. People havn't given a sufficient chance to get used to the change. They are however less dominant when compared to previous patches at spearheading engagements. Personally, I think its a good thing.

+1 I agree fully
14 Jun 2014, 04:11 AM
Patrion 27

they are completely useless .... even conscripts can take them out.

Katitof and the rest of the soviet fangirl club will still whine till pzg can be taken out by pioneers.

"completely useless?" this forum is loaded with so much seething hyperbole it borders on comedy. I have a hunch you don't actually even play this game but just troll the forums.

I have been calling Panzergrenadiers in every game, and this isn't my best performance with them per-se but they are straight beast mode.

14 Jun 2014, 04:17 AM

This forum is loaded with hyperbole. "completely useless?!?!?!" I have a hunch you don't actually even play this game but just troll the forums.

That is just some deranged person's alt account, the behavior is recognizable. The panzergrenadier is not useless, but it will never be your mainline infantry. At best, it fills a decent AT/AI supporting role. I was playing a game where i advanced fast Stug-PzIV-Tigers, with 3 LMG grenadiers for support, and i used my panzershrecked panzergrenadiers squad to follow the main force's advance. It ended up wiping out a retreating conscript squad, taking out a reversing su-85 on its own, and scare and assist in killing 2 t34's hunting down my 5% health Tiger. That is its current role in all my games.
14 Jun 2014, 04:26 AM
Benefactor 340

Panzer grens are awesome vs SU-85 SPAM especially in team games, as for pgs without shrecks use them close range to kill infantry
And conscripts can only whipe a panzer grenadiers squad if it either has shrecks or the conscript squad has high vet or ppsh-41
14 Jun 2014, 05:23 AM

Enough conscript squads will wipe any german infantry off the map (that's pro strategy, conspam). it doesn't help that german infantry are easy to kill.

ostheer needs a non negotiable armor buff currently, they're only 4 guys FFS! if a soviet player loses it's a learn 2 play issue, if a german does it's balance! #facts
14 Jun 2014, 05:58 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2014, 05:23 AM1[][]
Enough conscript squads will wipe any german infantry off the map (that's pro strategy, conspam). it doesn't help that german infantry are easy to kill.

ostheer needs a non negotiable armor buff currently, they're only 4 guys FFS! if a soviet player loses it's a learn 2 play issue, if a german does it's balance! #facts

Let's just wait and see what does or doesn't change with Western Fronts.
14 Jun 2014, 06:36 AM
Benefactor 340

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2014, 05:23 AM1[][]

What I'm worried about is how ostheer infantry will fare against the new US veteran rifleman and the officer units it has, US infantry looks pretty bad ass
14 Jun 2014, 23:25 PM

Players just refuse to actually take a moment to stop and think about what panzer grenadiers are. They are grenadiers with a different weapon load out. They are just as survivable as g43 Grens and nobody is crying to give g43 Grens armor. You use panzer grenadiers to flank. Think of them as special forces. Lots of firepower and just as kill able as grenadiers.

You pay the extra initial mp cost for assault rifles and the bundle nade ability. The reinforce cost is to prevent spamming. You also get the ability to upgrade to most powerfull at infantry in the game.

There are doctrines that make panzer grenadiers more economical and powerful. If you cannot make panzer grenadiers viable you need to learn how to use a basic flank. You can easily wipe an at crew or infantry sqaud if used correctly. Which in my mind is a good return for maybe losing a couple models before retreat.

14 Jun 2014, 23:41 PM

You pay the extra initial mp cost for assault rifles and the bundle nade ability. The reinforce cost is to prevent spamming. You also get the ability to upgrade to most powerfull at infantry in the game.

First part ok instead of 60 muni lmg upgrade i pay 100 more manpower for the assault rifles.

But since its just as survivable as a grenadier which is basic german infantry it should have same reinforcement cost.Otherwise increase armor to justify that high reinforce..
15 Jun 2014, 00:07 AM

Players just refuse to actually take a moment to stop and think about what panzer grenadiers are. They are grenadiers with a different weapon load out.

8.2134 - G43 Grenadier DPS at max range
4.8252 - Panzergrenadier DPS at max range

G43 Grenadiers can still engage with moderate success at longer range than Panzergrenadiers, no need to set up elaborate plans to get X closer to Y.

And I'd rather buy Kar 98's and MG 42's for good long - medium range where my unit is relatively safe, than spend an extra 80MP +10 for every replacement, to get Rifles that are only good up close where you're expected to take casualties and have to replace (very expensive) units more often.
15 Jun 2014, 00:43 AM

I think they're good, but bleed manpower. If it was not for the panzershreck upgrade for late game, I don't think I would even build them.

The other CQB squad (Assault grenadiers) are pretty bad.

Players just refuse to actually take a moment to stop and think about what panzer grenadiers are.
15 Jun 2014, 01:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yeah I agree with the Special Forces label.
Thats pretty accurate.
Think of them as a Fascist Special assault team with sniper rifles,Assault rifles, androcket launchers that you can also use to sneak around with using Ambush Camo.(Jaeger infantry doc)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
United Kingdom 47
United States 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak