Login

russian armor

To Peter and RELIC

23 May 2014, 12:59 PM

I think the problem with people and the elephant is that people use them as a spearhead and they are basically a slow moving pak 43. try using them at the back of your attack and with combined arms they are deadly another thing people dont use enough is smoke your mortar teams are great for masking your movements or creating diversions. if you do all these things and still loose to isu 152 i dont know what to tell you. i currently use joint ops every game and seems to have good counters against heavy tanks
23 May 2014, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 12:38 PMAbdul

As mentioned previously I have destroyed many elephants with ISU against very good players and I question the value of your assessment.

Replay or it never happened.
23 May 2014, 13:13 PM

Replay or it never happened.

That applies to you not me, but I am glad you got the point. Now please stop making nonsense claims.
23 May 2014, 13:24 PM

I don't see telling that elephants kill ISUs as a nonsense claims.

That is probably a whole new level of denial.
23 May 2014, 13:31 PM

ISU's winning vs Ele's in a duel is just not true. Even with mark target the shells will simply bounce and do like 6% health damage. Meanwhile ze Elefant rofl counters the counter to everything except ze Elefant.
23 May 2014, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 13:24 PMKatitof
I don't see telling that elephants kill ISUs as a nonsense claims.

That is probably a whole new level of denial.

No, but you act like him.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 12:06 PMAbdul

That's not true, I destroyed many elephants using 1 ISU152 + 1 guard squad and mark vehicle against good players.

ISU's winning vs Ele's in a duel is just not true. Even with mark target the shells will simply bounce and do like 6% health damage. Meanwhile ze Elefant rofl counters the counter to everything except ze Elefant.

no it does not, but the keyword is guards.
23 May 2014, 13:54 PM

And this is where we've made mistake.

We thought you were fighting a player who actually knows that putting HMG and grens near ele=profit and not easy AI that will bumrush you with ele alone.
23 May 2014, 14:06 PM

This game has asymmetrical design so the Soviets/Germans each have their weaknesses and strengths.

The Tiger Tank is clearly much better than the Is-2 but they cost around the same.

The ISU-152 is better than the Elefant at AI and worse than it in AT.

IMO try the Tiger tank (the most cost effective German unit) for your woes and use different strats.

23 May 2014, 14:42 PM

Katitof, cut it off willya? This guy (Abdul) is first place in 2v2 AS SOVIETS. I imagine he knows what he's talking about.
23 May 2014, 15:14 PM

Permanently Banned

I haven't lost a single game against ISU-152 in which I managed to field Elephant. On few occasions I was so much behind that the enemy was able to field ISU-152 and at some point I was facing 2 of them at once. Elephant + scopes and no ISU-152 have a chance. If mark targeted you retreat and come back when its finished.
As I said if you're loosing Elephant to ISU you're doing it wrong.

I guess maybe you play too many games as soviets to even know what the other side (Germans) have to face.

Try to play both sides and approach this problem from a neutral perspective instead of trying to justify an obvious game breaking unit by claiming ISU is easy to counter.
23 May 2014, 15:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Katitof, cut it off willya? This guy (Abdul) is first place in 2v2 AS SOVIETS. I imagine he knows what he's talking about.

But ... Katitof is #1 in post count and #2 in trying to get russian citizenship in the line for Russian wannanbes in Warsaw :D
23 May 2014, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 13:13 PMAbdul

That applies to you not me, but I am glad you got the point. Now please stop making nonsense claims.

In the big ISU-152 topic I submitted at least two replays showing Elephant killing ISU-152.
Now, excuse me but you have to support such a ridiculous statement of yours with something more than just words. So yeah. Replay or it never happened.
23 May 2014, 15:43 PM

Double post. Edit went wrong. Sorry.
23 May 2014, 15:59 PM

Yes.
He is also saying the elephant was completely unprotected to the point where guard squad could come up to it with impunity and chill while buttoning it.

That doesn't happen often.

Its not hard to deal with elephant when opponent was already rolled over and had just ele on field, even you could beat ISU in similar setting.
23 May 2014, 17:29 PM

Permanently Banned

And you still dont play Sovjets.
23 May 2014, 18:13 PM

^ Gotta say I played a 2 on 2 about a week ago against SSHeini playing soviet.
23 May 2014, 18:41 PM

^ Gotta say I played a 2 on 2 about a week ago against SSHeini playing soviet.

Let's be honest about that :). It was a very nice game and we made a nice team. But we played with germans ;)...still got the replay.
23 May 2014, 18:45 PM

And you still dont play Sovjets.

:loco: ...has nothing to do with the discussion.... anyway I'm used to hear only nonsense from you so.... you know...talk to the hand...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★