Login

russian armor

Relic: "Every battle tells a story"

17 May 2014, 10:16 AM

I'm writing that post on ironic mode, using the words that Relic managed to say on every interview, just to critize it and change it into:

"Every battle tells the same story: ISU-152 vs Elephant"

I don't understand how that could happens in the beta test before applying the patch.
There is still 2 big issues to fix in game. 1-Heavy Call ins, 2- Squad wipes.

Please Peter, I know you are bussy with the new expansion but, there are some post from top players with good suggestions about that issues.

I am a player that wins most of 70% of my games. I'm not blaming because of loosing, just because I see all the games ends with those units. And if the enemy builds it and you don't... you will have to fight really good vs a player with no micro. That kind of things kills the game.

I hope you will read it and accept the constructive criticism.
17 May 2014, 11:14 AM

It's so funny, every day the same topics appear 10 times.
Yes they need to be looked at.
17 May 2014, 11:24 AM

I'd be in favour of more moderation on this site. Just reply to one of the current topics on the issue. The revolving door of negative topics saps my enthusiasm for this site and community. Just my opinion.

OT: They do need to be looked at. I suspect they are being looked at.
17 May 2014, 11:44 AM
Donator 11

ded gaem. LOCKED
17 May 2014, 11:53 AM

This post is not about a discussion about these two tanks. Is about the expression <every battle tells a story> and how people are always doing the same in late game.
17 May 2014, 12:03 PM

Nobody said it was going to be a *different* story told every game.
17 May 2014, 13:00 PM
Patrion 14

The whole "Every battle tells a story"-theme is somewhat lost in coh2 due to how fast infantry gains vet and how rather insignificant (more so for Soviet infantry) the vet bonuses are.

In coh1 if you had a vet 3 rifle, it would break your heart if you lost it or you could hear Ami's disappointment during a SNF when such a unit died. In coh2 you just build a new conscript because it throws that at nade about as good as the vet 3 squad did.
17 May 2014, 13:12 PM
Donator 11

The whole "Every battle tells a story"-theme is somewhat lost in coh2 due to how fast infantry gains vet and how rather insignificant (more so for Soviet infantry) the vet bonuses are.

In coh1 if you had a vet 3 rifle, it would break your heart if you lost it or you could hear Ami's disappointment during a SNF when such a unit died. In coh2 you just build a new conscript because it throws that at nade about as good as the vet 3 squad did.
17 May 2014, 13:24 PM

Totally agree. I am still missing these coh1 features
17 May 2014, 15:37 PM

Well a part of the reason CoH1 was so devastating to loose a vet 3 unit was because the offensive and defensive buffs were incredibly large. I think scaling down the veterancy buffs was a good choice because it is another deterrent from the snow ball effect. Between the population system change, veterancy re haul, and territories giving both munitions and fuel income means come backs easier to achieve and thus a longer, more entertaining game (of course if you loose 5 units early there is no coming back).
17 May 2014, 15:56 PM

Also in vCoH you got vet for kills, not for damage, so while it hurt more to loose vet3 squad there, it was much more difficult to get there in the first place.
17 May 2014, 16:40 PM

Pretty soon each battle is going to tell a ridiculous fantasy story.
17 May 2014, 21:26 PM

I think the big issue with Relic is that every patch they make made huge changes. There are no small adjustments it's one big patch after another. Relic buffed Soviet tanks heavily and nerfed German tanks at the same time, when it could have been better to nerf German tanks and see how it goes before deciding to buff Soviet tanks.

Another big problem is that Relic satisfied with the bad design of the current two broken factions. They just refuses to fix what is broken like double snipers, squad wipe mines, and the lack of demolition devices for the Germans. They never made any changes to the design of the unit, they only nerf or buffed them but the design was left unchanged from beta.
17 May 2014, 22:12 PM

For people really fed up with ISU and eel dual, just play 1v1 for now. It comes up a lot less often. Esspecially if you play aggressive and force the enemy's hand.
17 May 2014, 23:31 PM

I dunno,,, I don't like Soviets or Shermans but here the Tiger exposed its rear armour to a sherman... Fair kill imo.
18 May 2014, 17:11 PM

For people really fed up with ISU and eel dual, just play 1v1 for now. It comes up a lot less often. Esspecially if you play aggressive and force the enemy's hand.

That's ok but what can I do if I usually play coh with a friend in 2v2?

We tried play 1v1 between us but there's no rank in that custom games.
18 May 2014, 17:21 PM

That's ok but what can I do if I usually play coh with a friend in 2v2?

We tried play 1v1 between us but there's no rank in that custom games.

If you absolutely don't want to play games with elephants or ISUs, your best bet would be to join a group of players and just play custom 2v2s.
18 May 2014, 18:14 PM

not like this was different. Every battle tells a different story applies to 1v1s and that is true there. Every game is different in 1v1s.
In team games :

Pre elbe day it was blitzkrieg panthers destroying everything every game. Same story.

Now in team games we have elephant vs ISU-152 every game. Same story.
18 May 2014, 18:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Veterancy with damage is much better than with purely kills. But I find veterancy is too easy to get and my cons are usually vet 3 from atnades with 7 kills. Infantry in vcoh took less damage as opposed to less received accuracy in coh2. THis means tanks will still be quite effective against infantry due to scatter and crazy AoE ranges.
18 May 2014, 21:43 PM

Simple then, play 2v2 as soviets and don't use ISU.

It's not like Eli is any stronger than it has always been , and you can just play hyper aggressive soviets (earlier armour) in which case if they do manage to field an Elefant, it will be in less favourable circumstances.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS