Login

russian armor

Idea for turreted tanks and assault guns

15 May 2014, 19:46 PM
Patrion 27

How about every assault gun and turreted tank (yes all of them) gets Hold-Fire and a lock on to target ability. Locking on to a unit would allow you to micro your tank and reface it while engaging a specific unit or especially a vehicle while kiting.

15 May 2014, 19:49 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

WOuld be a cool Hotkey-option I think
15 May 2014, 21:19 PM

PaK 43 finally got hold fire nearly a year after release. Next patch maybe we get it for the regular PaK and ZiS? Maybe StuGs and such too?
15 May 2014, 21:25 PM

I didn't get why they didn't put hold fire on the paks and zis this patch.. I mean, it can't be that hard to code if you do it for PAK43?
15 May 2014, 22:57 PM

Permanently Banned
15 May 2014, 23:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I didn't get why they didn't put hold fire on the paks and zis this patch.. I mean, it can't be that hard to code if you do it for PAK43?

Its on the ZiS doctrinally and the PaK at vet 3. Which is kinda stupid
16 May 2014, 00:20 AM

Its on the ZiS doctrinally and the PaK at vet 3. Which is kinda stupid

With experience, the crew learns that it isn't always a good idea to fire the gun.
16 May 2014, 01:01 AM

With experience, the crew learns that it isn't always a good idea to fire the gun.

Even when being swarmed by Panzers, do not fire.

Unless the Captain comes up and personally orders you to fire.

I wish the Captain could just say "You're an AT gun, only fire at vehicles."
16 May 2014, 05:15 AM

Haha A++
16 May 2014, 05:36 AM

There should just be a mode for units you could optionally enable for "target vehicles only". But yeah, being able to tell your tank to keep firing at the most important target while also controlling their movement would be very useful. I'm not sure how to implemented it elegantly. There also needs to be a way to give an attack order for "attack while in range, but don't chase".
16 May 2014, 05:40 AM

Dunno how much it's about needing this abilities as it's about target priorityzing.
This problem was discussed before, maybe Relic solved it, please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's about each unit needs to priorityze its natural target before all. Meaning if a Panther fights with a squad of guards and a T34 enters into scene, the Panther should automatically change it's target on T34 untill it's destroyed or it exits from it's view range.
16 May 2014, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 21:19 PMTNrg
PaK 43 finally got hold fire nearly a year after release. Next patch maybe we get it for the regular PaK and ZiS? Maybe StuGs and such too?
They already have hold fire on pak and zis. :P You get it from the ambush camo in some of the soviet doctrines and paks get it from their vet 3 camo. :P
16 May 2014, 06:17 AM

Not sure about this, honestly I'd have to see it in action to comment.

One thing that I would like is for a target priority as some have suggested above, but I'd like my tank to remain where it was if the enemy moves away. My micro is such that I'm always screwed up when my tank lurches forward to follow a retreating enemy, taking it straight into the arms of pgrens with shreks or even just a con squad with an AT nade...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★