Login

russian armor

Machine gun inside building attack move?

3 May 2014, 19:31 PM

So I just had this stupid moment in my last game:
I had a machine gun inside a building and an enemy infantry next to one of the windows shooting me inside. At the same time my machine gun is just shooting some random other unit to the other direction. This infantry then just kills my mg, me couldn't do anything about it, because of this stupid mg shooting the wrong way???????

Also another idiotic thing is that when you put a mg inside a house, it mounts the gun completely wrong way and enemy just rushes next to the building while the mg starts remounting the gun. And yeah, I confirmed that there is a window for every direction in the building.

Seriously is this game this poor or am I missing some important element of the game?=
3 May 2014, 19:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

There's nothing you can do about it, which is why many players prefer to keep their MGs outside, where they are easier to micromanage. Bonus: the speed at which the MG changes windows is based on its reload speed.
3 May 2014, 19:59 PM

There's nothing you can do about it, which is why many players prefer to keep their MGs outside, where they are easier to micromanage. Bonus: the speed at which the MG changes windows is based on its reload speed.

lool good to know XD
3 May 2014, 20:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

You can give your units inside houses orders to target specific units.
3 May 2014, 20:57 PM

Vcoh and coh2 share the same problem when it comes to mgs in houses. Really wish you could direction them while in a building. A long time wish of mine.
3 May 2014, 21:40 PM

this should be changes, so now maxim in building has same firing angle as the MG42 and also changes windows like crazy
3 May 2014, 21:43 PM

Yeah, they should really do something about it.
Little tip for MGs in houses in general: If your opponent attacks with 2 Units from two sides, let your Mg surpress one unit and DONT change target. If the enemy throws a Molotov from the other side, most of the time it will do no damage, because your guys are all on the other side of the house.
3 May 2014, 22:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

It is a problem that players cannot control which direction the MG faces before the fight begins.

You CAN order it to attack a specific target. Click the building, then click the squad you want to attack. I just wish I could make it face the right way earlier.
3 May 2014, 23:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Same here. Can we manually choose where the mg is facing? Plox?
4 May 2014, 00:56 AM

This was a problem in coh 1 but didn't they end up fixing that?
4 May 2014, 09:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Because of the enhanced firing arc I like putting Maxims in buildings

MG42s I keep outside lest they get a courtesy visit from the Red Army Satchel Charge and Molotov delivery men
4 May 2014, 11:03 AM

Same here. Can we manually choose where the mg is facing? Plox?

Devs have said this will never change, this is intended drawback of using garrison cover over normal cover.
4 May 2014, 12:27 PM

Seems reasonable
4 May 2014, 13:28 PM

if hmgs had "attack ground"....
5 May 2014, 16:40 PM

Generally it's not a very good idea to put MGs inside a house for a couple of reasons.

First one being that, like you mentioned you can't choose the direction to which it points and it gets easily flanked.

The second is the fact that if you need to reposition, it usually means you have to retreat which isn't always the case when you don't have your MG positioned inside a house.
5 May 2014, 16:48 PM

put 2 mgs in house jd
5 May 2014, 20:03 PM

as infantry approaches an mg42 in building, the mg42 will not fire for atleast 10 seconds, the AI has been nerfed..by the time it does fire you have already been moltoved and are down to 2 man squad

If i do make an mg42 i place it on ground, but it cant even suppress a single squad! I recommend never making an mg42 until they fix this ridiculousness
5 May 2014, 20:10 PM
Patrion 310

as infantry approaches an mg42 in building, the mg42 will not fire for atleast 10 seconds, the AI has been nerfed..by the time it does fire you have already been moltoved and are down to 2 man squad

If i do make an mg42 i place it on ground, but it cant even suppress a single squad! I recommend never making an mg42 until they fix this ridiculousness

Can you post a replay of that. I've not had issues with the MG42 suppressing a squad or even 2 - 3.
5 May 2014, 22:08 PM

It depends in which window (or side) of the building MG42 crew placed the machine gun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Korea, Republic Of 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment