Login

russian armor

Constripts need posible DP-28 (LMG)

15 Apr 2014, 10:32 AM

Constripts need posible DP-28 (LMG) upgrade. Now are only raped from LMG and G43 grens.
15 Apr 2014, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 10:32 AMAradan
Constripts need posible DP-28 (LMG) upgrade. Now are only raped from LMG and G43 grens.

I think its a moot point to bring it up now that the patch is finalized and likely to come out but I'll discuss it with you. I did some simple calculations with the new weapons profile graph and providing 2 DPs to con squads, assuming they are at 0 vet, does slightly less dps than an LMG squad at close and long ranges (~3% long, ~15% close), and slightly more than G43 squads at close and long ranges, but the difference is again only like 1-3%.

My reasoning was that it should be a global upgrade that costs ~200 mp 60 fuel, and requires T3 or T4 to built. It would be called something like "improved logistics". Whether at that point soviets have to purchase DP-28s with munitions or are simply granted as a default to each squad has more consequences than I care to think about right now. But the timing of this upgrade, would be such that it has the same shock value as a fast T70, given the timing and the cost.

Assuming an equal match thus far, ost side probably already as at least 2-3 grens upgraded and if soviet player has gone 3 cons, mid-late infantry late game evens out with the addition of DP-28s to each con squad.

Anyway like I said, it won't happen now, but it was an interesting idea. Obviously inspired by Rifles and their 60 fuel BAR upgrade from vCoH I will add. :P

Here is my original post on the official forums I made 2 weeks ago
16 Apr 2014, 08:17 AM

In my opinion one DP-28 for 100 muni. No tech. Price dont allow spam this upgrade.
16 Apr 2014, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 08:17 AMAradan
In my opinion one DP-28 for 100 muni. No tech. Price dont allow spam this upgrade.

That could be an interesting upgrade, exactly as you said it: 1 DP-28 for 100 amo. I mean, speaking about small arms Grenadiers can be upgraded with: lmg 42, G43s. Cons cannot be upgraded but with ppshs. And this will leave you the option to transform them eather into a close-quarter effective unit, or into a bigger range effective unit.
Good idea, I guess.
16 Apr 2014, 08:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

because taking a squad that isn't suppose to have alot of firepower and giving them alot of firepower sounds like a good idea. :loco: also lmg doesn't enchourage flanking which is what cons are all about. :(

if your only thinking about raw firepower maybe but then factor in that lmgs can't be used on the move and what happens when you upgrade them with ppsh cons?
16 Apr 2014, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 08:31 AMWiFiDi
because taking a squad that isn't suppose to have alot of firepower and giving them alot of firepower sounds like a good idea. :loco:

The problem of cons just really getting destroyed mid-late game has probably been addressed in the upcoming patch, but the DP-28 upgrade would actually fit really well in the current meta, assuming no changes were made to grens/upgraded grens and pios. It pretty much equals the DPS of G43/LMG grens mid-late game, give or take a few %. Cons can stand toe to toe with grens in the early game, DP-28 upgrades and gren upgrades merely extend this equal footing throughout the game.

also lmg doesn't enchourage flanking which is what cons are all about. :(

Strategic choice.

if your only thinking about raw firepower maybe but then factor in that lmgs can't be used on the move and what happens when you upgrade them with ppsh cons?

3 ppsh, 2 dps, 1 mosin? Whats your point. Not that ppsh are that good in the current meta anyway due to current weapon profiles.

16 Apr 2014, 09:41 AM

Long range weapons in cover do nothing for soviets when they can be rifle nade spammed with no risk. What conscripts need is something to force the Germans out of cover at long range with no risk. Like a long range Molotov launcher. While Germans dodge the long range molotov you Oorah in to close the distance.
16 Apr 2014, 11:28 AM

I suggest: after the second level veterancy conscripts will buy two AVS-36 (produced 650 000) or AVT-40
16 Apr 2014, 11:47 AM

I suggest: after the second level veterancy conscripts will buy two AVS-36 (produced 650 000) or AVT-40

Does the AVT have a random chance to break during firing? :P
16 Apr 2014, 12:26 PM

a 1 dp 50 muni upgrade would be fairly nice.
16 Apr 2014, 17:36 PM

Long range weapons in cover do nothing for soviets when they can be rifle nade spammed with no risk. What conscripts need is something to force the Germans out of cover at long range with no risk. Like a long range Molotov launcher. While Germans dodge the long range molotov you Oorah in to close the distance.

A long range lolotov launcher? That would be ridiculously funny.
How about giving cons a 50mm mortar? High RoF and distance similar to german rifle grenade??
I think that would be great if Relic brings in forgotten weapons like this one and F-1 grenade aka "limonka".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_grenade_(Russia)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RM-38
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS