Login

russian armor

Worth it to come back to the game?

4 Apr 2014, 09:00 AM

Hoi Hoi Hoi!

2 months ago, I've quit playing the game because than it was just utterly shit.
Elitetroops, industry, RNG god, no need for tacticks, no competitive gameplay...

I'd like to have some opinions of rather 'good' players that can confirm that it's going better.
I'm reading good things, and the patch looks pretty nice.

So, question; Is this game better than before? Or is it still crap 'nd balls?

Thanks fella's

Kisses and Hugs

4 Apr 2014, 09:07 AM
Patrion 14

My opinion is that the patch revitalized the game, atleast for me. I started thinking the meta had gone quite stale. Same builds over and over, same no tactic rush etc. feels somewhat like a new game.
4 Apr 2014, 09:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the game has improved alot right now it is probably not in a really well balanced state but the gameplay i feel is in a good place and certianly worth checking out imo anyways.
4 Apr 2014, 09:11 AM

How about the arranged teams and competitive scene?
thanks for the quick reply guys.
4 Apr 2014, 09:12 AM

The new patch certainly made new interesting builds possible - but its a bonus to the germans, while the builds made for Soviets were created out of desperation.

Soviets are at a significant disadvantage now because the German infantry clearly outguns Soviet infantry ( Conscripts' Mosins have half the DPS of the K98 at close range, and K98 have triple the damage at long range ). + the Grenadier weapon upgrades.

Cover is much more important now but due to the ridiculous german DPS it makes the mobility of the Soviets useless for most of the time.

The patch is certainly a step into the right direction as it rewards intelligent play and creates new builds, but the balance is certainly off.
4 Apr 2014, 09:22 AM

I would rather wait another few months for new patches. But it's just my opionion. Game is not balanced yet.
4 Apr 2014, 11:47 AM

The game is ok to play, you get easy victories with Germans due their superior arms, however, it is still possible to win as soviets with tons of good micro applied.
4 Apr 2014, 12:50 PM

i like the game more than ever since the march deployment and i play since the beta so i would recommend to come back. (i play both fractions)
4 Apr 2014, 12:52 PM

The new patch certainly made new interesting builds possible

If you call 5-6 grens + G43 spam with elite troops in 90% of the games interesting, others being LMG spam or G43 spam with lightning war -> blob all grens @ cut-off while soviets have no chance against an equally (or less) skilled opponent then yeah, this patch is for you.

Sure, cover is more useful now but the fact is that soviets can't effectively compete with grens at any range. Close range conscripts win, but if you close the distance you will be out of cover and get slaughtered. Only on some maps and some specific spots it might be possible to close in using cover but it's quite rare. Even then grens still have more DPS.
4 Apr 2014, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 12:52 PMTNrg

If you call 5-6 grens + G43 spam with elite troops in 90% of the games interesting, others being LMG spam or G43 spam with lightning war -> blob all grens @ cut-off while soviets have no chance against an equally (or less) skilled opponent then yeah, this patch is for you.

Sure, cover is more useful now but the fact is that soviets can't effectively compete with grens at any range. Close range conscripts win, but if you close the distance you will be out of cover and get slaughtered. Only on some maps and some specific spots it might be possible to close in using cover but it's quite rare. Even then grens still have more DPS.

I said "possible", i didnt call the Gren spam builds interesting and im also against them. Seems like you didnt really read my post.
4 Apr 2014, 13:25 PM

I'd rather listen to to lady gaga on repeat than play this incredible masterpiece of a toilet game.

coh1 all day boo
4 Apr 2014, 13:32 PM

I said "possible", i didnt call the Gren spam builds interesting and im also against them. Seems like you didnt really read my post.

Yes, possible maybe, but it doesn't actually happen in the game. If you play soviets, all you will see is the above mentioned strats and as soviets you are forced to use 1-2 strats that might or might not work. It's not a very interesting experience overall.

There's equally little point in playing either faction, just for different reasons. I still play the game though (for now) but I just try to not give a shit while playing.
4 Apr 2014, 13:44 PM

if you don't like the game, you still won't like it.
4 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM

I'd rather listen to to lady gaga on repeat

4 Apr 2014, 14:31 PM

The patch its self is in the right direction and games can be pretty entertaining, but unfortunately almost every German player abuses it and spams grens,pios, or assgrens.
4 Apr 2014, 15:14 PM

Wait for a new patch.
4 Apr 2014, 15:17 PM

Wait for a new patch.

'The Aftermath Patch'
'The March Patch'

How many more patches until this game is playable?
4 Apr 2014, 15:18 PM

I'd rather listen to to lady gaga on repeat than play this incredible masterpiece of a toilet game.

coh1 all day boo

hahahahaha.toilet game hahahaha.:hyper:
4 Apr 2014, 15:35 PM

'The Aftermath Patch'
'The March Patch'

How many more patches until this game is playable?

Looking back at vCoH and DoW2?
About 3+ years.

Tell relic to fix stuff with the most obvious way-play whats OP and abuse it until it gets balanced.

But then, come to think of it, thats what community do since day 1.
4 Apr 2014, 15:58 PM

Looking back at vCoH and DoW2?
About 3+ years.

Tell relic to fix stuff with the most obvious way-play whats OP and abuse it until it gets balanced.

But then, come to think of it, thats what community do since day 1.

I've always wondered: why?

WHY?

Why those geniuses from Relic (You must be genius to make great franchise like COH) can't properly fix the game (I know this isn't simple task). And why they don't listen to the community carefully?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★