Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
16 Apr 2014, 13:57 PM

Decreasing the range of abilities while suppressed makes sense in terms of gameplay to me. The troops probably can't be as accurate when getting shot at by an MG anyway. That which is getting hit by its counter (MG vs inf) shouldn't be able to so easily turn the tables. Throwing an ability is much easier than the example of a tank taking out an AT gun.
16 Apr 2014, 13:59 PM

Ooh, can I join the e-peen contest? You can click on the stupid icon below my name for a rank, and I'll just say anyone who says they prefer maxims is either completely nuts or trolling hard.
16 Apr 2014, 14:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It says your steam id is set to private
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 13:59 PMCruzz
Ooh, can I join the e-peen contest? You can click on the stupid icon below my name for a rank, and I'll just say anyone who says they prefer maxims is either completely nuts or trolling hard.

Nothing to do with e-peen, just making it clear whether people have any idea what they are talking about when they say they "prefer" a certain weapon.

Someone who has played 100 games as German and 4 as Soviet is not qualified to have that conversation.

Skill or e-peen is not the issue.
16 Apr 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 13:59 PMCruzz

Yes, of course, please do.
People like Mr Neo here love to deny opinions and transform everything into a "let's see who's peeing further" contest. Are you peeing just 2 meters? No right to write here, because I'm peeing 2 and a half. :lolol:

In a few days he will claim he developed coh2.
16 Apr 2014, 15:58 PM

I still waiting for Jaigen playercard. Jaigen pls show it for us.
16 Apr 2014, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 15:58 PMNEVEC
I still waiting for Jaigen playercard. Jaigen pls show it for us.

Then you will wait a bit.

Forum warriors like him, hingie or wiking are "shy".
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 16:03 PMKatitof

Then you will wait a bit.

Forum warriors like him, hingie or wiking are "shy".

You have no faith in humanity, Katitof... we already saw one fanboy scorecard in this thread. Maybe we'll get more?
16 Apr 2014, 16:15 PM

Well, I just don't believe playercard proves much.
The ones who are hardcore fanboys are obvious and their playercards only confirm that. Doesn't take much more then common sense to know that someone doesn't have more then 10 games in the faction he whines about constantly. Only thing the playercard might tell is how good/bad they are in their one and only true faction and usually they are bad, because they have no fucking clue on how the other faction plays/works and they simply don't understand what they play against.
16 Apr 2014, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 16:15 PMKatitof
Well, I just don't believe playercard proves much.
The ones who are hardcore fanboys are obvious and their playercards only confirm that. Doesn't take much more then common sense to know that someone doesn't have more then 10 games in the faction he whines about constantly. Only thing the playercard might tell is how good/bad they are in their one and only true faction and usually they are bad, because they have no fucking clue on how the other faction plays/works and they simply don't understand what they play against.

You can have an even amount of matches with both factions and still whine constantly about, lets say, Soviets.
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 16:37 PM

You can have an even amount of matches with both factions and still whine constantly about, lets say, Soviets.

I think people who play both sides only tend to complain about things that are genuinely disbalanced. That's been my experience on the forums anyway.
16 Apr 2014, 17:25 PM

Which for example for this patch is well justified.
But even if you still play both sides you should have the knowledge required to talk about balance.

Use unit to learn its weaknesses, play against it to learn its strengths.

Hardcore fanboys are stuck forever on the first half of this sentence when it comes to balance.
16 Apr 2014, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I play with soviets, and guess what? I started to win. Why? Because I am open to learn to adapt to the new strategies.

Hmmm i don´t see you playing as soviets, at least on 1v1. "What's the matter, no true guts for 1v1"?
And if you are learning and adapting, you should have a similar rank on 2v2 on both factions. Not a 12000 rank difference.
I´m just saying that you dont do what you preach.

As they have already said, Maxims n MG42 fulfills different roles. Maxims are mostly good on 1v1 situations but are not meant to stop "blob" of units. They are more of assaults weapons while MG42 are more of positional defensive weapons.

You need to destinate more micro into maxims rather than with MGs. The only thing you need to worry about with the MG42 is to not give it to the Soviets.

Ontopic: i think we mostly all agree that a range reduction while supress for grenade abilities should work, right?

And from then on we might or not do a tweak on Rnade performance.

PD: if people wants a recopilation vid of 4-6 kills with Rnades on this patch tell me now so i start saving my replays. I will just ask for a similar number of results with Hoorah molotovs(2-4 hit crits).
16 Apr 2014, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 16:37 PMNeo

I think people who play both sides only tend to complain about things that are genuinely disbalanced. That's been my experience on the forums anyway.

This.

I prefer to play Germans but since this last patch pretty much solely play soviets because German bias is too damn high.
16 Apr 2014, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 19:03 PMWilliG

This.

I prefer to play Germans but since this last patch pretty much solely play soviets because German bias is too damn high.

No one hates the German preferring players, but those who are clearly biased make all German players look really bad. Bias makes us unable to tell the difference between facts and opinions. So obviously, biased people are more visible to non biased people, and even more so to other biased people of the opposite end. And that is where false accusations start...
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 19:36 PM

So, anyway. Rifle grenades :D

Options suggested so far to address excessive rifle grenade lethality vs. static weapon teams, particularly Maxims:

1. Reduce Maxim squad cluttering to reduce impact of rifle grenades.
2. Reduce range on rifle grenades for suppressed Grenadiers.
3. Reduce accuracy/increase scatter for rifle grenades fired by suppressed Grenadiers.
16 Apr 2014, 19:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just reduce range rifle grenade when suppressed and remove the 25% increased damage all MG and Mortars teams take considering small-arms are more deadly which was the main reason that change came into the first place.
16 Apr 2014, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 19:36 PMNeo
So, anyway. Rifle grenades :D

Options suggested so far to address excessive rifle grenade lethality vs. static weapon teams, particularly Maxims:

1. Reduce Maxim squad cluttering to reduce impact of rifle grenades.
2. Reduce range on rifle grenades for suppressed Grenadiers.
3. Reduce accuracy/increase scatter for rifle grenades fired by suppressed Grenadiers.

I think that the scatter should be increased when suppressed, in addition to having the range bonus at vet 2 removed. However, I think there should be scatter for ALL grenades while suppressed, dependent on range (more range=higher scatter).
16 Apr 2014, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 19:45 PMWilliG

I think that the scatter should be increased when suppressed, in addition to having the range bonus at vet 2 removed. However, I think there should be scatter for ALL grenades while suppressed, dependent on range (more range=higher scatter).

Great idea. Make it as useless as P4s/T34s when they fire on the move. I.e. almost no damage barring pure luck.
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 19:45 PMWilliG

Really great idea, I love it!
PAGES (16)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight