Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
15 Apr 2014, 22:16 PM
Patrion 310

Ok let me ask you this, which has a wider arc. The mg42 or the maxim.

Still no player card.
15 Apr 2014, 22:28 PM

You are simplifying this into "who has a bigger arc" which has little to do with whether they can be "set and forgotten" as you have repeated claimed. Instead of properly correcting yourself you just hobble between back-peddling and ad hominem.

You seemed more focused on my player card than the logic i'm putting in front of you. Trying to distract my argument around an irrelevant fact like my record only goes to show how weak and empty your argument is.

I said you are a bad player based on what you have demonstrated by your posts, not your record, huge difference. I'll let you think about that.
15 Apr 2014, 22:39 PM
Patrion 310

Once again you are thinking I have said something I have not. Let me make it clear

MG42 has a wider Arc.

To get supressed (the job of an mg) you have to walk into the arc.

There is a higher chance that you will walk into a bigger arc (obviously, its simple maths).

If you leave both mg's alone, the mg42 is better without support because, guess what. It has a bigger arc. I am still not saying you can set and forget. I am saying it is more capable than a maxim for the above reasons. I do not need to correct my self because I am not wrong. You are arguing against simple numbers.

Your logic is flawed by maths. Your calling my argument irrelevant because I ask to see your stats and yet you were basing my arguments validity on how good or bad a player I was and how much I favour one faction. I provided evidence to you that you now ignore because I proved you wrong. You won't post your own stats because I suspect you only play Germans and not soviets. Thus your argument is not valid because you do not have sufficient experience playing as soviets. You fail to prove me wrong on this.

Also, since when did playing the game involve writing on a forum? Do you <all> chat your enemy to death? The difference is my record shows my stats playing the game, posting on a forum does not.
Neo
15 Apr 2014, 22:42 PM

Nobody claims MG42 is a "leave and forget weapon". What was stated was that MG42 is better without support than the maxim (my exact words were "has an advantage").

Neither MG can be left without support against a good or even decent player for any serious period of time but the MG42's wider arc makes it much more effective in this role.

In any case, this discussion is about Rifle Grenades overperforming. Let's get back to that.
15 Apr 2014, 22:53 PM
Patrion 14

You are simplifying this into "who has a bigger arc" which has little to do with whether they can be "set and forgotten" as you have repeated claimed. Instead of properly correcting yourself you just hobble between back-peddling and ad hominem.

You seemed more focused on my player card than the logic i'm putting in front of you. Trying to distract my argument around an irrelevant fact like my record only goes to show how weak and empty your argument is.

I said you are a bad player based on what you have demonstrated by your posts, not your record, huge difference. I'll let you think about that.

too many times during tight games, I see a lone mg42 guarding, set and forgotten, either of the corner vps with its wide arc covering all the possible approaches or at least most of obvious approaches. this means i have to dispatch more than one units from the main fight to deal with one mg42 to cap one vp. maxim can't do this unless there is a building. arc matters a lot.

p.s. you called him a bad player; it's as simple as that. you were wrong. the least you can do is to own up and take it back and not thread on technicality of your insult.
16 Apr 2014, 02:31 AM

I'm still trying to work out where the Maxim is better than the MG42, can someone tell me what that is?
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 10:15 AM

I'm still trying to work out where the Maxim is better than the MG42, can someone tell me what that is?

It sets up and tears down faster and with Vet it can sprint as well making it more mobile.

That's it.
16 Apr 2014, 10:27 AM

They're pretty good at camping inside buildings against players who don't know what a mortar is. Buildings even let them survive a single riflenade guaranteed!
16 Apr 2014, 10:40 AM

MG42 is an area denial weapon while Maxim can be used offensively.
MG42 requires good positioning while Maxim requires more micro as you usually have to reposition it at least twice per engagement.
16 Apr 2014, 10:50 AM

Maxim:
+ 50% bigger squad size
+ Higher suppression at ranges above ~20
+ Low teardown / setup times
+ More reliable DPS/SPS (lower reload cycle, reloads less often than 42)
+ Great performance in buildings (gains higher arc)

MG42:
+ Higher damage (50% close range, 120% mid, 240% long range)
+ Higher arc of fire
+ Incremental accuracy
+ Bigger suppression AoE and percentage

So generalised in one sentence:
Maxim is good at long range suppression and against single troops where the MG42 deals more damage and works best against groups of enemies.

Both heavy MGs, but their actual stats and profiles (and therefor uses) are very different. Comparing them is kinda hard :/ Out of personal preference I love MG42 on maps like Langres (Sniper + 42) generally I prefer the Maxim :\ RGs are a bit too strong vs them atm, but that's more a problem of riflenades IMO
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 10:59 AM

Maxim is good at long range suppression and against single troops where the MG42 deals more damage and works best against groups of enemies.

RGs are a bit too strong vs them atm, but that's more a problem of riflenades IMO

This exactly the issue right now.

The job Maxim is intended to do it cannot do because rifle grenades are too powerful against it.
16 Apr 2014, 11:02 AM

Maxim:
+ 50% bigger squad size

MG42:
+ Higher arc of fire
+ Incremental accuracy

Both heavy MGs, but their actual stats and profiles (and therefor uses) are very different. Comparing them is kinda hard :/ Out of personal preference I love MG42 on maps like Langres (Sniper + 42) generally I prefer the Maxim :\ RGs are a bit too strong vs them atm, but that's more a problem of riflenades IMO
Good work, accurate and impartial. +1
16 Apr 2014, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 10:59 AMNeo

This exactly the issue right now.

The job Maxim is intended to do it cannot do because rifle grenades are too powerful against it.

No you have the wrong job description for the maxim . neither the mg42or maxim are area denial they are force multipliers and as such a single maxim or mg42 should lose to a single scrip/gren squad . both serve well as a support weapon if supported by grens or scripts you cannot attack from the front without very heavy casualties.

Once again you show you dont understand this game.
16 Apr 2014, 11:16 AM

Maxim:
+ 50% bigger squad size

MG42:
+ Higher arc of fire
+ Incremental accuracy

Very accurate and is the reason i prefer the maxim over the mg42.
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 11:16 AMJaigen

Very accurate and is the reason i prefer the maxim over the mg42.

Playercard pls, thx. I'd like to see how regularly you play Soviets and "prefer" maxim.

Why don't you post another video showing your skill level in this game, worked out pretty well for you last time. :)
16 Apr 2014, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 11:33 AMNeo

Playercard pls, thx. I'd like to see how regularly you play Soviets and "prefer" maxim.

Why don't you post another video showing your skill level in this game, worked out pretty well for you last time. :)

The guys asking for other player cards should post theirs first. I saw this guy asking player cards all over the place, but never posting his one single time. Please enlighten us and post your player card in order for us to see your experience in game with germans. If you will require, I'll post mine with no problems. For the fourth time that is.
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 11:56 AM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198002732159

As you can see I play both sides and my German ranks tend to be higher.

Top 200 2v2 AT. Your turn?
16 Apr 2014, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 11:56 AMNeo
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198002732159

As you can see I play both sides and my German ranks tend to be higher.

Top 200 2v2 AT. Your turn?

Well, what I can see it's this:

1. most of your games are in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. Hell, I have more 1v1 than you, with one faction, and you've played more than I did. What's the matter, no true guts for 1v1? Yeah, I think you can tell us alot about balance from 2v2 3v3 or 4v4. That is where the balance was born. :huh:

2. your latest games as a soviet are streak losses, so you chose germans, were you can win, because, now, (it's just attack move with germans, no?). The defeat bothers you and doesn't motivate you to learn and to adapt. So, before, when soviets were attack move = win, you played more with them, because it was easier. Now, when germans seems to be stronger, you moved away and play with them. On the other hand now, I play with soviets, and guess what? I started to win. Why? Because I am open to learn to adapt to the new strategies.

Conclusion: you are one easy-win stats-hunter fanboy with soviet inclinations that thinks he has the right to dictate what it's wrong or not with this game, and try to deny anyone sustaining a different opinion.

Oh yeah, it was my turn.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198090176100
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 12:49 PM

<Skipped random and incorrect assertions about my motivations>

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198090176100

I think your German to Soviet ratio speaks for itself. Not even any need for me to call you a German fanboy. :)

Jaigen's turn.
16 Apr 2014, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 12:49 PMNeo

I think your German to Soviet ratio speaks for itself. Not even any need for me to call you a German fanboy. :)

Jaigen's turn.

Lol, nice avoidance Mr easy-earning stats lover. You are the one not worthing any bit of attention while speaking about balance. To you, unbalance means "whaaaa, mommy, I can't spam and win anymore, whaaaa... :*(
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 710
Turkey 2
Canada 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %