Login

russian armor

Russians on Western Front? Really?

PAGES (7)down
29 Mar 2014, 15:07 PM

Yeah, in a custom match. You can already play Soviets vs Soviets if you make a custom match. Do not panic, they won't do Ami's vs Soviets in automatch.
Because that would be so much worse than seeing Russians + USA in one team? I will stop to panic if they announce that 2v2 ranked don´t get fucked up by this stupid matching.
29 Mar 2014, 15:21 PM

Because that would be so much worse than seeing Russians + USA in one team? I will stop to panic if they announce that 2v2 ranked don´t get fucked up by this stupid matching.

Calm down.
29 Mar 2014, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 13:13 PMBurts

what? Are you insane?

No, i don't like sovs+ americans because its completely ahistorical.

I'm also excited for the new factions. I can't wait to play as soviets againts the new german faction.
What im not looking forward to is sovs+ americans in one team game.

Soviets and Americans were Allies during WW2 and both them conquered parts of Germany so it is totally alright to put them as teams in a video game.
29 Mar 2014, 15:40 PM

I think the problem resolves around wanting to play a game that is based on historic events. I, and apparently at least a few others, agree. In fact this is why we don't have mirror matches in automatch right now.

You can't say it does not matter because you do not think it does. Nor can the other side it is critical because it is historic. Both are opinions.

I think I will probably get bored of the game pretty quickly if they mix both armies, but that's just me and I have not played it yet so I don't know.

Side note: To those who are excited, Relic's ability to balance the current game has not convinced me that they can do so when they add two new armies! Really, really makes me concerned that the balance will be thrown out of whack for another year. Would make more sense to me to break the Soviet and Ost armies up now and offer them as entry points rather than create two huge new armies.

Just my thoughts.
29 Mar 2014, 15:41 PM

Soviets and Americans were Allies during WW2 and both them conquered parts of Germany so it is totally alright to put them as teams in a video game.

InB4 japanese army invading poland in a singleplayer-campaign <444>3

I really shouldnt be giving ideas to Relic...
29 Mar 2014, 15:58 PM

I think most people against it, will get used to it after a while. Just like we have gotten used to everything else since Beta.

I can't wait to try out the new factions!
29 Mar 2014, 16:44 PM
Donator 11

who the fuck cares? there was never a "panzer elite" faction either.. that was pure fantasy so who cares of US and soviet is on the same team? actually there are pictures in ww2 where US and soviet soldiers shake hands and meet up.
29 Mar 2014, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 16:44 PMspajn
who the fuck cares? there was never a "panzer elite" faction either.. that was pure fantasy so who cares of US and soviet is on the same team? actually there are pictures in ww2 where US and soviet soldiers shake hands and meet up.

But there was kampfgruppe Lehr.
It was called Panzer Lehr and was made of most elite troops wehrmacht had.
Therefore, Panzer Elite. Logical, historically accurate, if you want to argue, there are only semantics to argue.

Its like calling US marienes and US paratroopers 2 different factions, going by your logic.

So much for your pure fantasy. Educate yourself first so you can tell what pure fantasy and what reality is.

There is no rule that another ARMY needs to belong to another FACTION.
29 Mar 2014, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 16:44 PMspajn

Yeah because a fictional name is the same thing as an ahistorical faction mix ... ~.~

The Panzer Elite was the Panzer Lehr Division in the campaign, they just used a fancy name for it in multiplayer.

Edit: Katitof was quicker^^
29 Mar 2014, 17:16 PM

Why not? I don't think you can call a game realistic while infantry can survive from a tank shot.

29 Mar 2014, 17:21 PM

I don't like Relic policy by going back with USA and Wehrmacht which were balanced just because they failed with Soviets and Ostheer, no one should expect any kind of balance when those 2 "new" armies are released
29 Mar 2014, 17:24 PM

^Great way to take one picture and take the whole war out of context.

In fact Soviets and Americans never fought alongside. They had as a matter of fact to meet at the Elbe river. But never ever fougth together.

Here, a German Officer meeting his Soviet counterpart in Poland. They never fought alongside! But hey, here´s a picture taken totally out of context! Soviets + Germans vs USA NOW!
29 Mar 2014, 17:36 PM

I don't like the idea to have soviets and yanks in the same team, it just doesn't feel right to me o_O
29 Mar 2014, 17:44 PM

Well, as a community, you guys need to encourage an option to allow you guys to remain in a certain front and not force you to play against a faction that takes place in another front. It will really won't separate the community since the overwhelming majority really don't care.

To be honest, yes, it doesn't feel right but it really doesn't matter to me. I tend to play 1 vs 1 ones only now so it will still be immersive. I'm just worried about balance.
29 Mar 2014, 17:51 PM

just give us an option. Historical battle mode - so that sovs + americans cant be in one team but OKW + ostheer can. And make it so that people who tick this option could still play with people who didin't as long as sovs+americans aren't in the team.

I guess this is relic trying to appeal to the WoT + warthunder audience.

29 Mar 2014, 18:09 PM

just fucking add custom game lobbies ffs all will be good.
29 Mar 2014, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 17:01 PMKatitof

But there was kampfgruppe Lehr.
It was called Panzer Lehr and was made of most elite troops wehrmacht had.
Therefore, Panzer Elite. Logical, historically accurate, if you want to argue, there are only semantics to argue.

Its like calling US marienes and US paratroopers 2 different factions, going by your logic.

So much for your pure fantasy. Educate yourself first so you can tell what pure fantasy and what reality is.

There is no rule that another ARMY needs to belong to another FACTION.

LOL!!! so you think just because panzer elite has the word "elite" in it and panzer lehr was an elite unit its the same?? hahaha.

How the FUCK do you know panzer elite is not 1st SS-Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler?

Why not name it Panzer Lehr if it is Panzer Lehr? Because its fantasy... How the fuck can you say its realistic and its the same unit if it has a complete different name? Thats like saying the US faction is not the US faction but a volenteer unit fighting for soviet union, its just named US army (Lololollol)

thanks for a good laugh
29 Mar 2014, 18:11 PM

just fucking add custom game lobbies ffs all will be good.

Lobbies will never happen.
29 Mar 2014, 18:13 PM

Hey, this game is about fun only and not a tiny bit about history? Okay, we need the Maus! Just imagine how much fun you could have with that super tank! Fuck it, if we go retard, we will go full retard!

Sorry, but that´s just my feeling. Some historical context was what kept me playing this game, even though it wasn´t quite realistic, it had some basic rules: Like Panther > T-34. It also had immersion. All gone...

I honestly doubt I will continue playing then.
29 Mar 2014, 18:19 PM

Hey, this game is about fun only and not a tiny bit about history? Okay, we need the Maus! Just imagine how much fun you could have with that super tank! Fuck it, if we go retard, we will go full retard!

Sorry, but that´s just my feeling. Some historical context was what kept me playing this game, even though it wasn´t quite realistic, it had some basic rules: Like Panther > T-34. It also had immersion. All gone...

I honestly doubt I will continue playing then.

You're making this seem too ridiculous as if it was Germans and Americans fighting soviets. It's not like that at all. They were co-belligerents. We should take out moscow outskirts from multiplayer since the game takes place in 1944 right? Same with the majority of the maps. It's a video game, not a documentary.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS