Login

russian armor

German op abilities

22 Mar 2014, 21:56 PM

Talking about smoke with blitz on tanks its needs to be sorted out.

I play soviets faction and I am sick of getting raped by these two abilities when used together.

I just played a game with German faction and decided to use elite doc (3v3) as this is usually used in most games when playing soviets.

So I decide to do the rape manoeuvre using tiger ,panther versus 3 Zis guns 1 is2 su85

Blitz through at guns bum rush is2 , rape the su85 , the Zis guns turn around get a few shots off, turn shoot 1 Zis gun, drive between the other two pop smoke and say I got to love you and leave GG.

Blitz if used runs the risk damaging the engine , plus if the tank is still moving accuracy of the gun should be impaired.
22 Mar 2014, 22:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Well, the Soviet Player always has the opportunity to mine their lines... blitz + smoke wont help you much once you hit a mine!
22 Mar 2014, 22:19 PM

Blitz and Smoke on two tanks cost about 150 munitions, which makes it quite expensive, not . When blitzing the tanks get the scatter mulitplication making them less accurate.
There is a counter to smoke and blitz. If any unit has los behind the smoke team weapons and tanks still fire.
Blitzing is countered by mines or at-nades. And mines cost 30 munitions, so really cheap.
Blitz is also a vet 1 ability, so not available from the beginning.
However, you played 3v3 and this is not the most balanced play mode.
22 Mar 2014, 22:37 PM

As noted above. The same can be said about OORAH which doesnt require vet to use.

Very annoying but its a skill thing. Mines like listed. If I suspect tank spam I put down about as much mines as the Soviets actually used lol (Soviets loved them some mines boy)

All around your posistion as many as you can spare and have your teamates do it too or you are in for the trouble listed above.

Of course alot of German only players like to bring up the muni cost thats there but with the Cache Opel spam your running into blitz and smoke can be spammed as needed.

Especially due to the shit scaling of resources on larger maps. Its really a huge disadvantage to the soviets if you dont use mines since the German players can turn all that bountiful muni into tons and tons of things to kill your poor forces with.
22 Mar 2014, 23:06 PM

If german tanks get their historical accurate superior range and frontal armor, blitz isn´t needed. So long, I´ll blitz as much as possible.
22 Mar 2014, 23:09 PM

If german tanks get their historical accurate superior range and frontal armor, blitz isn´t needed. So long, I´ll blitz as much as possible.

I am ALL for that. As long as the Soviets get their historical numbers...Kursk anyone?

I especially like how the documentary I watched on it was talking to a STUG commander and he was bitching about how the Elephants kept breaking down because they had to drive up a hill....
22 Mar 2014, 23:30 PM

I am ALL for that. As long as the Soviets get their historical numbers...Kursk anyone?

I especially like how the documentary I watched on it was talking to a STUG commander and he was bitching about how the Elephants kept breaking down because they had to drive up a hill....
Cool, so shut up and deal with blitz. That was the point.
22 Mar 2014, 23:51 PM

• Arguing that a unit`s ability should be OP beacause the unit is not historically accurate may be the new low for this website (and that`s quite an achievement).

• The game is not really historically accurate or realistic in any other aspect either. I don`t see you arguing for making any other units/abilities OP because of it.
23 Mar 2014, 00:04 AM

• Arguing that a unit`s ability should be OP beacause the unit is not historically accurate may be the new low for this website (and that`s quite an achievement).

• The game is not really historically accurate or realistic in any other aspect either. I don`t see you arguing for making any other units/abilities OP because of it.

1) You are very fast with "new lows" then. You are a drama queen. I´ve seen worse stuff here. Well, for you I will write it down step by step then.

First: I disagree that Blitz is op. Its price has already been increased and it doesn´t work on engine damage any longer. Plus it´s a vet ability.

Second: The Su-85 has more range, so from a balance point of view it´s logical to give the other faction an ability that pushes the mobility. If there is more range on the Su-85, expect Blitz on the panzer IV.

2) I didn´t say the game was realistic. I said that german tanks have less range than a Su-85 thus need speed.
23 Mar 2014, 01:42 AM

Cool, so shut up and deal with blitz. That was the point.

Wow the toxicity. Wasnt that what Noun was talking about? Calm down son. I actually have no problem with Blitz. But obviously you didnt get that from my post.

I guess I should expect that bravery behind a keyboard and all...
23 Mar 2014, 01:53 AM

I am ALL for that.
I´m sorry. I could have sworn you were being sarcastic. A simple misunderstanding. :)
23 Mar 2014, 01:56 AM

NP same thing happens in work emails sometimes. I really want balance for both sides. Not a fanboy just prefer soviets. I understand the German issues. I was trying to explain to the OP that Blitz is the inverse of OORAH but requires Vet.

No sarcasm just the TRUTH!
raw
23 Mar 2014, 06:30 AM

hm on the whole it's still a lot better than the off. forums
23 Mar 2014, 07:07 AM

If blitzkrieg needs to be removed, any long range assault gun should be removed along with it.

Ostheer can't fight them without blitzkrieg.
23 Mar 2014, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 07:07 AMPorygon
If blitzkrieg needs to be removed, any long range assault gun should be removed along with it.

Ostheer can't fight them without blitzkrieg.
Yeah, someone who got it.
23 Mar 2014, 11:50 AM

Second: The Su-85 has more range, so from a balance point of view it´s logical to give the other faction an ability that pushes the mobility. If there is more range on the Su-85, expect Blitz on the panzer IV.

Cool. What do soviets get to fight off elephant with its great range?
And Panther have more then enough armor to shrug off that SU-85 single shell until it gets within firing range.

2) I didn´t say the game was realistic. I said that german tanks have less range than a Su-85 thus need speed.

Can T34 and IS-2 have blitz too? You know... elephant again.
23 Mar 2014, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 11:50 AMKatitof

And Panther have more then enough armor to shrug off that SU-85 single shell until it gets within firing range.

Hurr dee durr, the Elefant is doctrinal, so there's no issue!

/sarcasm off

Overdrive was a get out of jail free card in vCoH. Thing was, it was used only by the Cromwell, which happened to suck against most tanks. It used Overdrive to flank those tanks or to scurry around a PaK. In CoH2 we now have ubermensch Panzers running around at even sillier speeds, whilst reaming infantry AND tanks that they encounter. And god forbid you actually take damage whilst doing this, you just pop smoke and gain instant immunity from fire. Is it expensive? Yes. Why does that justify it being broken as all hell? Even the AI is a massive pain in the ass when using Blitz, that should send up warning flags right there.
23 Mar 2014, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 11:50 AMKatitof

- Elefant is doctrinal (like Volsky said - no need to be sarcastic about it).

- Su-85 is present in almost any game, the Elefant not to that extend(1v1, 2v2).

- For the resource cost of an Elefant you can get 2 SU-85s (and a bit more). This might not sound like much, but the fact those can cover each other makes up for a lot.

- By the time an Elefant hits the field, there usually should be enough tanks around. The first Su-85 usually arrives by the time the first Panzer IV arrives.

- Elefants are super slow, even slower than the Su-85. The Elefant along the ISU-152 is actually the easiest vehicle to flank in the game, as it´s super clumsy.

- There is ram already and one ram to the side or rear of an Elefant will render it useless. As soon as it has an engine damage it´s toast.

- Ram is vet0, Blitz is not.
23 Mar 2014, 13:30 PM

Elefant doctrine is quite shit.

Elefant is expensive like fuck, only workable in large open area, and comes too late.

Tiger Ace is arguable better.
23 Mar 2014, 15:10 PM

I fight the elephant at its great range by using T34/76s usually. If its a team game arty away all its defenses. Its a silly area denial gimmick IMHO.

You lose a tank to the Ele you know where the ele is camping because its slow you mosey on over there with a Pack of Tanks (its slow ROF means it cant kill them ALL) and you circle strafe the ele for about the next 5 mins until the damn massive HPs are depleted.

Sheesh Ele is easy mode at least in 2v2 maybe not in 4v4.....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★