Login

russian armor

New battle servers - goodbye to coh2 for bad comps?

27 Feb 2014, 11:00 AM

Well, that's Australia out then. See you later.
27 Feb 2014, 12:28 PM

Well, that's Australia out then. See you later.

Stephenn is from australia and he doesn't seem to have any problems at all considering he is currently one of the top players.
Seems like the pic provided earlier is accurate in your case.
27 Feb 2014, 12:35 PM
Patrion 14

Australia is the same size as europe or USA. Stephenn livet south East, the most densly populated area. Dunno how the cables go Downs there, bit if you live in Perth 2700 km west, you light have a different experience. Just sayin.
28 Feb 2014, 08:39 AM
Patrion 15

Since the new patch i got 4 wins and 50 losses.
It seems I am a few seconds behind the game all the time and then it suddenly starts to fast-forward. This makes it hard to keep units alive and I am always behind.
I play on a cheap laptop and my internet is also quite bad. But before the patch it was alright. Is there somethin that I can do or do I have to wait to get some new equipment? Anyone else having the same problems?

Before the patch I had the same issues as you. Now I have almost no command delay. Sorry to say, but if your going to play this game you need to meet the minimum specs. I have been on a tear, winning like 65% of my games since the battle servers. Its like a 80% improvement in lag for me.
1 Mar 2014, 02:38 AM

Yep I am in Australia too, out in the bush. I don't know if I can even call me net dial-up that would imply a dial tone, mine is more like two tin cans with some string in between. Games running pretty good now though TBH but I have a mate having Relic connection issues if anyone knows of a quick resolution it would be appreciated.
1 Mar 2014, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 02:38 AMGrund
Yep I am in Australia too, out in the bush. I don't know if I can even call me net dial-up that would imply a dial tone, mine is more like two tin cans with some string in between. Games running pretty good now though TBH but I have a mate having Relic connection issues if anyone knows of a quick resolution it would be appreciated.

Often the problem lies with ISP (Telstra in particular) having blocks on people connecting to you. Try opening ports or calling ISP technical support to do it for you.

I had couple of friends who had Firewall set to 'don't allow anything', internet protection settings on highest and Norton antivirus blocking everything.
It only allows text to be displayed on web pages pretty much, and they were wondering why they have connection issues as well.

Usually the problem is with users settings

If he lives in area with WW2 copper wiring infrastructure areas, than there is nothing he can do. Unfortunately, some areas in Australia are still using 1940's telecommunication infrastructure
1 Mar 2014, 05:13 AM

Often the problem lies with ISP (Telstra in particular) having blocks on people connecting to you. Try opening ports or calling ISP technical support to do it for you.

I had couple of friends who had Firewall set to 'don't allow anything', internet protection settings on highest and Norton antivirus blocking everything.
It only allows text to be displayed on web pages pretty much, and they were wondering why they have connection issues as well.

Usually the problem is with users settings

If he lives in area with WW2 copper wiring infrastructure areas, than there is nothing he can do. Unfortunately, some areas in Australia are still using 1940's telecommunication infrastructure

Yeah mate its not a problem for me really, yes my downloads are slow but my connection is fairly stable. COH2 runs fine I am just backing up the argument that Australian internet sucks and is only going to get worse under the current government. They will expect everyone to go Satelite so they don't have to spend more money on optical-fibre. Problem is though, sure D/L speeds are great but just one interruption for just a couple of seconds and bang dropped from the game you were playing. Ah well what can we do the country is just too big for the amount of people living here. Could write a thesis on this and get a doctorate on how crap Aussie internet is.
1 Mar 2014, 06:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 05:13 AMGrund

Yeah mate its not a problem for me really, yes my downloads are slow but my connection is fairly stable. COH2 runs fine I am just backing up the argument that Australian internet sucks and is only going to get worse under the current government. They will expect everyone to go Satelite so they don't have to spend more money on optical-fibre. Problem is though, sure D/L speeds are great but just one interruption for just a couple of seconds and bang dropped from the game you were playing. Ah well what can we do the country is just too big for the amount of people living here. Could write a thesis on this and get a doctorate on how crap Aussie internet is.

Ha ha, I know. Sadly, very true M8
and
1 Mar 2014, 13:01 PM

The battle servers are noticeably more laggy than running a local game. This is on a good system with high FPS and a fast, stable internet connection.

The battle servers are placed in the US, and I live in Europe, so the fact that the battle servers are laggy is not a big surprise.

It's just rather disappointing, as I was expecting to get a Blizzard-like online experience after the implementation.

They seriously need to add some battle servers to Europe. But I'm unsure if I should get my hopes up...

The problem now is that in some cases, the battle servers give a degraded experience. For example, if I got matched versus someone in my own country. Now the packets need a trip round the US and back, adding 100-200 ms of lag.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★