Login

russian armor

2014: Strongest faction and doctrines of COH?

21 Feb 2014, 17:17 PM

I like churchills due to the fact that they can absorb a lot of hits, and occupy the attention of Wehr infantry and tanks while I use the AVRE to punish blobs. The churchill can do decent damage against infantry and has the free ability that pins down surrounding infantry. This makes it convenient for the AVRE to pop a round into them. The Firefly & CCT is to the rear, sniping the German tanks. I stop producing vanilla churchills as soon as the flamethrower variant is unlocked.

Also, churchills are replaceable and don't cost fuel like Staghounds or Cromwells. Cromwells are a bad value compared to churchills and I never build them.

Staghounds are good but cost fuel like cromwells do & they remove the CCT option (+40% fire rate for fireflies) so the firefly single/pair is weakened.

As far as the infantry goes, The British have Bren gun carriers so I use them to quickly cap so the glider option seems rather redundant.

-----------------

So essentially, in my core army I have 1 churchill + 1 AVRE in front, and binded with 2 fireflies in the rear + CCT giving bonuses to all. This works against the Panther spam. Losses of churchills are instantly replaced if I have the MP, and having no cromwells/staghounds gives me the advantage of fuel savings so losses of fireflies can lead to production of new ones instantly. The fuel savings thus ensures that I have some armor presence during the match even if I get walloped and lose most of my armor. So I'm still in the game.

And infantry support elsewhere- I simply just send in a disposible churchill to help defend the cap and delay them long enough so I can swing my core army against them.

I don't like the high cost of the British infantry (510 MP, etc.) and prefer to use them to cap rather than fight. I micro churchill infantry tanks against the Axis infantry.

Also, my 2 x sappers are usually left in the base waiting just to repair tanks rather than supporting attacks with piats.

22 Feb 2014, 00:45 AM

I find it unexpected that commandos is considered the best doctrine.

British infantry is very expensive compared to churchills. Both the SMG commandos and sections are 510 manpower.

In comparison, churchills can be called in at 600 manpower and at just 3 cps. At 5 CPs, AVRE's can be called and they massacre infantry.

I have personally found the commando doctrine to be redundant.

hmmph, there is something that I'm missing here..

what game are you playing?
commandoes are 560MP and tommies are 450mp
22 Feb 2014, 10:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

xD
23 Feb 2014, 17:17 PM

what game are you playing?
commandoes are 560MP and tommies are 450mp

What the name of that guy he has no idea about the real CoH. he is playin crapcoh2

Best Fraction ingame???

Depents on the player.

in my opinion US is the best faction and INF is the best doctrin. Im talkin about 1v1 (Armor isnt that good there, Calliopes too much upkeepcoast and too expensive also popcap high. Pershing can be uselfull vs PE).

The most broken Fraction is PE. 4 PG´s into 2 AC´s into 1 ATHT into PAnthers with Luft as repairs.

Edit: When a britt player went Churchill Doc he lost. Churchills suck as hell!!! EXPENSIV slow bad armor bad Gun long repair time.

24 Feb 2014, 00:01 AM

This is why I made this thread, as I am an experienced COH2 player but only bought the original trilogy a few days ago.
25 Feb 2014, 21:57 PM

Panthers are just OP.

I hate Stuh 42 when I'm playing brits or USA, it's very upset.

PZ with G43 are so OP too. I'ts too upset when you play US.

Imo, I prefer G43 than MP44. I find MP44 are useless against a brits.
25 Feb 2014, 23:56 PM

^
I find panthers to be very strong as well, but like the Sherman 76... unaffordable for a while. I do Stug spam, then Panther.

The PE panthers come across as being more OP than the Wehr ones due to the teching and the price.

The StUH comes across as being optimally effective in pairs or trios.
26 Feb 2014, 11:23 AM

Well for me, Panzer Elite has powerful Doctrine.

I take all time Luftwaffe because I find all things are useful :

- Luft squad : very useful when you don't have the fuel for advanced repairs or if your mate are a Wehrmacht who doesn't do bunker rep or when you are with a PE mate. They can build flak!

- Fallschirmjägers : powerful to counter rifle squad, I put all time offensive vet.

- Butterflies bomb : well... I dont use this, I think its not powerful and useless when you don't have ressources.

- Henschel !! Very very usefull to counter m10 spam !

And I forget the ketten with the camouflage.

I don't use the Wilberwind.
26 Feb 2014, 14:54 PM

The Fallschirmjager: Do you find them worth it? I looked once at the price (420 MP, 75 muni) and I thought that it was far too high. The PE can build assault infantry for 360 or upgrade their vPzG for 255, 75 muni (IIRC).

With LW doctrine, only the Henschel and LW squad looks useful to me. The Henshel is probably the best munitions strike in the game. It makes me prone to hoard munis just to use it.
26 Feb 2014, 16:49 PM

Oh yes the Fallschirm worth !

They are better than MP44.
26 Feb 2014, 17:18 PM

Actually Falls are best if you use their normal rifles with their cover cloak. Their ambush damage bonus is pretty ridiculous.
26 Feb 2014, 17:51 PM

LW and Se are probably the two most broken designs in the game. (Brit is generally only OP in mixed 2v2. Stag bug doesn't count. It is a bug. It should be fixed but they should also fix the m10 misfire.)

Cloaked Ketten? A cheap, invisible, scout that moves faster when cloaked than a full speed sniper AND doesn't have to worry about hitting a mine. US and Wehr have to pay 340mp for a super slow unit that does the same and yet is still vulnerable to a mine. (Yes, they are still snipers, so I am trying to make a straight comparison, just compare scouting abilities available.)

Henschel? The original skillplane?

Butterfly bombs? No real problem with it, but you should know it is the best mines in the game. Easy to deploy, can seriously impede an infantry assault, will one-shot snipers.

SE - Should any faction have the power to break the VP system??? (My opinion is no). Especially since this can be done fast and repairs super slow.

Sector Arty - first no-skill arty? Not too much of a problem but it lasts just too long.

I am none too happy about the booby traps, but those are manageable.

In general PE has tremendous advantages. Lucky mentioned the AC > ATHT > Panthers as a strat that is super strong. And the ability to chosse defensive or offensive vet allows you to cater each unit (and not just the whole faction through strat or doctrine choice) to how you want to play. That is something you can't do with any other faction.

26 Feb 2014, 19:07 PM

Imo I prefer Luftwaffe. Fallschirmjäger against rifle squad are so op.

I like this. Butterflies bomb are ok but so expensive.

I test butterflies bomb in 2 3 games and it's useful yeah.
27 Feb 2014, 13:01 PM

Butterfly bombs are awesome!! My M8's love them!!!
1 Mar 2014, 14:26 PM

looks like u think that the best doctrines are the ones that has tank callins you so wrong, it purelly depends on how a game goes, wrong doctrine choice will cost you games
1 Mar 2014, 15:42 PM

I play large games (3 v 3, 4 v 4) so the games end up being quite long (up to an hour).

I know in 1 v 1 things are different.
1 Mar 2014, 17:44 PM

Well, the Opposing Fronts factions have incredible synergy with the vanilla factions in team games, which completely changes the mechanics for strategies. Otherwise completely unfeasible strategies become possible. (This was, in my opinion, what drove these factions to existence in the first place.)

Depending on your team, the 'strongest' faction and doctrine can wildly fluctuate. In short, in non-1v1s, the strongest faction and doctrine is the one that synergizes with your team's overall strategy the best.
4 Mar 2014, 18:27 PM

Yes. eg.

Wehr: Play defensive doctrine, bunkers, Stug Spam
Pe: offense of course, Panther battlegroup

USA: offense with indirect fire, M10s, Sherman 76s.
British: Play defensively/turtle
7 Mar 2014, 03:45 AM

Yes. eg.

Wehr: Play defensive doctrine, bunkers, Stug Spam
Pe: offense of course, Panther battlegroup

USA: offense with indirect fire, M10s, Sherman 76s.
British: Play defensively/turtle

dude...you are way off

wehr: why play defensive if offensive usually wins more games? Agressive (double) mg can be a gg in less then 10 mins...stug spam? Defensive doctrine? Don't think so...
Pe: I agree with you only on this one, offensive play with G43s, ACs and later PBGs is usually enough vs US player
USA: Indirect fire meaning what? Mortars? Hope not ;) USA is all about early agression and flanking and then adapting to wehr...if he goes t2, you go t2 (wsc)...if he goes t3, you go t4 (if you have the fuel, of course) ;) etc...
british: play defensively, turtle?! Never! I always play brits offensively and never build any emplacements! you never wanna do that in 1v1, trust me, they can be so easily destroyed, but cost lot of manpower, time and pop cap.
7 Mar 2014, 07:57 AM

I was wondering why there is a thread like that before I know you play COH2 first. :lol:

For doctrine, there is no strongest, they are all supporting and matching your different your style and strategy.

For faction, there is no strongest thing.

- US, faction of assault and flanking
You need to keep flanking, attacking, harassing, gain vet and make your troop becomes ultra human.
Their tank are speedy but little bit squishy. You need to flank and micro against Axis armor.

- Wehr, faction of defense, and late game dominance
So basically you just need to sit in a portion of the map, dug in, defend well and spread forward. Vet gained by purchasing. It is very easy in low level but hard in high level because high level player can flank you very well.

- PE, faction of ultra extensive micro and assault
Their units are very squishy, speedy, but they are WTFpwning machine if you keep them alive. Anyone with excellent micro can play this faction well.

- Brit, faction of dickhead turtle, blob, abusive, A-move
They are slow, but everything got very high health and punch quite good. Infantry are based on blobing, Roo and Faghound were the most hated units because of their high health, high speed, crazy DPS, and don't need to micro at all (Roo was nerfed to ground though). You need to learn how to abuse this faction well, or you cannot win a single game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★