Login

russian armor

Making objects indestructible

17 Dec 2013, 14:49 PM

Hi there,

I'm looking for a method to make objects indestructible. In the CoH1-WB it was possible to create indestructible ruins out of existing buildings by adding destruction and setting the health to zero.

I did some testing on the above mentioned method and the ruins could be destroyed further.

As the official maps don't show such behavior does anyone know a way to create such ruins and a second question: is it possible to make other objects indestructible (i.e. bridges or for a current problem the bridge ending debris/ruin)?
17 Dec 2013, 17:04 PM

Set the objects to visual and use move/shot/sight blockers to simulate their hebavior
17 Dec 2013, 19:35 PM

another way to do this is through coding. youll have to make a scar file for your map. this was in coh1 as well, so theres quite a few guides out there (which as far as i know, are still applicable). i played around with this to make some indestructible objects on one of my maps.

these are the lines in the scar file that let me make objects invulnerable.

Code
-- Set Egroups invulnerable
EGroup_SetInvulnerable(eg_invuln, true)

then in the wb, i made an entity group called eg_invuln and added the objects i wanted invulnerable to that group. im sure someone like onkel sam could give you a better explanation :) i just figured this out based on tutorials and looking at relics maps.
18 Dec 2013, 11:39 AM

21 Dec 2013, 22:00 PM

I've tried adding splines to entity groups, and it seem to be impossible? Any way, especially code-wise, to make an object spline invulnerable?
20 Mar 2014, 19:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Extremely late answer but as far as my knowledge goes you can't do that. However you could select the entities in run-time with various functions (e.g. World_GetEntitiesNearMarker(player, egroup, marker, ownerType)) and then manipulate them. I believe Relic used hand placed objects to achieve this in the V1 launch facility mission, where destroying the concrete walls with Recoilless Rifles triggers an event.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment