Login

russian armor

Call-ins to have smoke?

4 Mar 2021, 13:50 PM

Can all call-ins have smoke please? I'm 90% deaf and I cannot hear some abilities like the Stuka dive bomb for example being called in. I feel like im loosing out of the same opportunities as my hearing comrades?

Artillery, Kattys, Stuka's I watch for the shadows and I'm fine with these.

I just want to be equal :(
4 Mar 2021, 14:26 PM

Stuka dive bomb is the only one that doesn't have smoke, really aside from flavor there's no reason for it not to.
4 Mar 2021, 15:24 PM

Stuka dive bomb is the only one that doesn't have smoke, really aside from flavor there's no reason for it not to.

Huge delay and sound? You pretty much pin-point where its gonna land.
4 Mar 2021, 15:25 PM

I highly advise you to read OP to avoid looking even more stupid.
4 Mar 2021, 15:25 PM

Just add the smoke. OP raises a valid point, not everyone has full hearing.
4 Mar 2021, 15:31 PM

I highly advise you to read OP to avoid looking even more stupid.

I'm learning from you, not reading the full posts :snfPeter:

4 Mar 2021, 19:18 PM

so if you can already pretty much pin point where its going to land nothing would be lost from it having flares.... a lot to be gained however
Pip
4 Mar 2021, 20:02 PM

so if you can already pretty much pin point where its going to land nothing would be lost from it having flares.... a lot to be gained however

The delay between it being triggered and actually landing might want to be reduced if there's a smoke effect added. I mean, I assume a long delay (And of course the sound) is meant to be the tradeoff for the lack of smoke, but I've never actually timed to see if its even any longer than an equivalent ability. If it isnt any longer, sure, just add the smoke, it's a good accessibility feature, and the loss of the "flavour" of the ability is worth it being more readable to the deaf. Would it be worth making it less possible too pinpoint the strikezone from the Jericho Trumpet sound as well, in that case? I don't believe other offmaps have the same "weakness", but I'll admit it has never really crossed my mind, so if I'm mistaken feel free to ignore that too.

That said, there are other similar sound cues in the game that are somewhat vital (Vehicle engine sounds in the FoW, for example), so I'm afraid you can't quite avoid this sort of issue entirely.
4 Mar 2021, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2021, 20:02 PMPip

The delay between it being triggered and actually landing might want to be reduced if there's a smoke effect added. I mean, I assume a long delay (And of course the sound) is meant to be the tradeoff for the lack of smoke, but I've never actually timed to see if its even any longer than an equivalent ability. If it isnt any longer, sure, just add the smoke, it's a good accessibility feature, and the loss of the "flavour" of the ability is worth it being more readable to the deaf. Would it be worth making it less possible too pinpoint the strikezone from the Jericho Trumpet sound as well, in that case? I don't believe other offmaps have the same "weakness", but I'll admit it has never really crossed my mind, so if I'm mistaken feel free to ignore that too.

That said, there are other similar sound cues in the game that are somewhat vital (Vehicle engine sounds in the FoW, for example), so I'm afraid you can't quite avoid this sort of issue entirely.

Some strikes take bloody forever to come in anyways, but perhaps maybe something like the map overlay some off maps have instead of flares? Gives a visual cue without giving away the entire strike away? I played against a hell of a player once that would drop stukas NEAR victory points and guess where I was going to dodge.... Often correctly... This sort of play wouldn't be possible with flares and I think it's worth rewarding.

More thought leads me to think maybe highlight the sector of the attack for the player then they can make a judgement call as to what the target is same as now?
4 Mar 2021, 21:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I would really appreciate the smoke 😂

When I play as US it’s funny when my Major, Ambulance and remaining riflemen puff in smoke and I have no idea why 😂🤔

It’s fine to laugh at the deaf in this case!!
4 Mar 2021, 21:33 PM

I hear voices pretty well but low frequency’s and really high ones are pretty faint to me. I don’t mind playing at a slight disadvantage but I find how powerful the Stuka is for me to miss it entirely is upsetting to say the least.
4 Mar 2021, 22:29 PM

The delay between it being triggered and actually landing might want to be reduced if there's a smoke effect added. ..

If it get a smoke its price and CP should go down since it does less damage than other late game abilities.

The main reason it was nerfed in the first place was the combination of stuka/reckon elefant and sicnce that is not the case anymore...
4 Mar 2021, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2021, 22:29 PMVipper

If it get a smoke its price and CP should go down since it does less damage than other late game abilities.

Contrary to all other abilities, it lands EXACTLY where you want it to and has an added bonus of decaping points.

Even with smoke, it would be just as fine as it is now.
You won't hit anyone with working ears with it anyway, unless its static piece you're targeting.
4 Mar 2021, 23:42 PM

Contrary to all other abilities, it lands EXACTLY where you want it to and has an added bonus of decaping points.

Even with smoke, it would be just as fine as it is now.
You won't hit anyone with working ears with it anyway, unless its static piece you're targeting.

That is simply false.

Contrary to what you post there other abilities with very little scatter for at least one of their shots and those shots even dose damage than the stuka.
6 Apr 2021, 18:39 PM

bump! Faith in equality still seeked?!

this forum even work?
6 Apr 2021, 19:35 PM

another vote for this, accessibility is important.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★