Login

russian armor

New commanders

25 Jan 2014, 16:05 PM

Heavy armor doctrine, tank hunters, and overwhelming armor will probably be the most popular of the six as they address current and pressing issues with the game. I'm sure that, like elite troops- they'll get criticized for being OP in their current form.

Heavy armor basically lets one skip T4 and gives the command panther instead of a slow and more expensive Tiger. The Command panther helps T3 with bonuses and also T3 gets the tungsten rounds so Panzer IV's get buffed.

Overwhelming armor lets one skip T3 and then gives the Soviet version of the tiger ace....so one goes T4, and then gets T3 call-ins.....so you'll have an army of weaker T-34/76s with SU-85s, and then double elite T-34/85's ala Tiger Ace.

Tank hunters solves the problem of soviet infantry AT and it looks like it helps the Soviet become less dependent on Zis and SU-85s. The PTAB looks like it's going to be the strongest anti-tank munitions strike.

The PTABs historically were cluster bombs dropped by IL-2's that could penetrate up to 70mm of armor. This was sufficient to destroy any German tank.

A tank hunters build would probably be conscripts heavy, since the manpower normally used for Zis guns will be diverted.
25 Jan 2014, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Akosi, where did you get your information?

2 CP for the first one is PPSH's.

i have to kill you if i would tell you :S :D
25 Jan 2014, 18:43 PM

These might've changed massively since then though.
25 Jan 2014, 19:01 PM

No but I did my best to read behind the lines.

2CP - PMD 6M Light An[ti-Personnel Mine]
2CP - (unreadable), "...upgrade to the (P? F?)??? anti-tank rifle."

1CP - Guards Rifle Infantry
8CP - Mark Vehicle
(rather uninspired, honestly)

9CP - Gr. 40 Tungsten (likely AP rounds for Armour or AT Guns)
5CP - Spotting Scope

0CP - Machinegun Nest (buildable DShK pits like at Sov HQ)
3CP - Forward Observation Post, "...and allows units to retreat to it."

0CP - No Retreat, No Surrender (unknown)
1CP - Commissar Squad (likely Sov counterpart to Ost Artillery Officer)

2CP - Sprint
1CP - Stormtroopers (Poster Note: Stormtroopers have been renamed Jaeger Light Infantry, they are very expensive but highly skilled soldiers. They consist of 5 men armed with G43 Rifles, and they possess the ability to decap sectors at a rapid rate but cannot take them).

the Gr.40 is likely a PzGr.40, which is, indeed, an AP round. There is no such thing as a Tungsten Gr. 40 so
26 Jan 2014, 00:05 AM

the Gr.40 is likely a PzGr.40, which is, indeed, an AP round. There is no such thing as a Tungsten Gr. 40 so

True, but it wouldn't be the first thing they made something up; Knights Cross Holders, Shock Troops, Stormtroopers, Teller Mines, etc.

(The mines in CoH1 were already modeled after the Tellermine 43, so they basically took something already in the game, and made a better version with a new texture and different name).
26 Jan 2014, 10:48 AM

True, but it wouldn't be the first thing they made something up; Knights Cross Holders, Shock Troops, Stormtroopers, Teller Mines, etc.

(The mines in CoH1 were already modeled after the Tellermine 43, so they basically took something already in the game, and made a better version with a new texture and different name).

I know, I've been modding COH for a very long time too.

But yea, that's true. Tungsten is apparently this thing that gives rounds an even higher velocity so they could've just come up with something entirely fictional.
7 Feb 2014, 01:37 AM

Are there any new information concerning the new commanders? (like changes or release date). Or about a new ToW-Campaign?
7 Feb 2014, 16:22 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS