Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
12 Nov 2013, 10:29 AM

Permanently Banned
oh my god,lots of noobs over here.
you guys see wrong this commander. You wont make only g42 gren and later only vet3 tiger., do lots of tank&pioner and call in a free vet3 tiger. GG.
12 Nov 2013, 10:50 AM

Tiger Ace is like King Tiger but it's more expensive because all resources are stopped so it means you can easily lose full squads because you'd have no manpower to reinforce
12 Nov 2013, 11:01 AM

I'll post my opinion of the Tiger ace after the patch...
12 Nov 2013, 11:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Im far more drooling about
-Early G43s (is it CP1 as screenshots from stream showed? Or CP2 as normal? The fucking Steam and CoH2 pages dont show the goddam CPs!)

The 180 degree arc should indirectly buff G43s, whereas LMG as a setup weapon, is largely unaffected. Believe it or not, it only struck me last night that an LMG actually reduces moving AI by 1/4, due to the loss of a Rifle and the LMG not firing while moving. May seem elementary to some, but I think its understated as a detrimental effect in addition to setup time, thqt many LMG critics either overlook or havent recognised.

-Stun Grenades! No more Support weapon lol-escapes! Looks like an instant from the ad vid. Also for stunning Lolotov charges.

-Purchaseable Vet! Will be interesting to see which units can receive it.

-Tiger Ace? Meh. Depends on CP and cost. Typically it would be a normal Tiger call-in, which means no need to T4. If this is balanced correctly, it will probably only rarely be seen in 1v1.

-Panzer Tactician! Very strong in this doctrine, alongside really hard infantry.

Overall with this Commander I expect to play a strong Gren game with more Support weapons, to T3. Lacks indirect fire, but I think I can handle that with a harder hitting Gren force covering Support weapons. I hope to use thisnin conjunction with HT for onfield sustainable strong Grens.

Just hit me that an interesting Commander for Ost, would be something focused on light vehicle play. So far only Reigel and PTact affect these. Speaking of which, I think Reigel needs some adjustment. Either in cost, perhaps to be an AI mine as well or earlier CP.
12 Nov 2013, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 08:31 AMlink0

The problem is when you call in the Ace right before you do an all out all or nothing attack. Who cares about income when you just completely wipe out their army. A tank with the power of 2 Tigers is insane.

I get your point, but it's still only 1 tank, which cannot be at 2 different places at the same time, it could get outflanked and outmaneuvered, with the enemy destroying your army, leaving you resourceless and then what? Anyways I'm just guessing and speculating here, otherwise I agree with Mr. Rossolini:

I'll post my opinion of the Tiger ace after the patch...
12 Nov 2013, 11:53 AM
Benefactor 115

One thing to consider is that being the whole commander very peculiar (early vet and Stun Grenades) it will be easy to know that an Ace will eventually come and plan ahead
12 Nov 2013, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 11:37 AMLutzow

I get your point, but it's still only 1 tank, which cannot be at 2 different places at the same time, it could get outflanked and outmaneuvered, with the enemy destroying your army, leaving you resourceless and then what? Anyways I'm just guessing and speculating here, otherwise I agree with Mr. Rossolini:

To be perfectly honest having played the beta I know what the TA is going to be like, but I'm not allowed to say.
12 Nov 2013, 12:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

To be perfectly honest having played the beta I know what the TA is going to be like, but I'm not allowed to say.

welcome to my boat. :D

[edit]
12 Nov 2013, 12:41 PM

This commander is worth to be chosen just because of its 4 other abilities and not just the Tiger Ace. Purchaseable vet is stupid to me. I really dont like this idea in CoH 2. Imagine having Grens with G43's,LMG's,Stun Grenades and purchaseable insta - vet. Its pretty much gg for scripts. Scripts dont even get Ppsh's without a doctrine.. Panzer Tactician is like the perfect ability for german tanks just like Blitzkrieg. You have extremely strong infantry and one of the most useful Tank abilities in this commander...and a Tiger Ace to finish it with a base rush.
12 Nov 2013, 12:45 PM

wow this is really imba.

IMO in team games this is gonna be crazy. If Sov outplays ger tanks and cut off their fuel.. Ger can just spam 3x king tigers for free????!! and camp on fuel and VP's. GG

12 Nov 2013, 12:45 PM

this puchaseable vet increases also unit reinforce cost
12 Nov 2013, 12:57 PM

this puchaseable vet increases also unit reinforce cost

Oh,thats cool...i like that..
12 Nov 2013, 13:06 PM

or at least that's what i heard, maybe they've changed it, dunno
12 Nov 2013, 13:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I didn't realize that calling in the Tiger Ace was actually free. Now that makes it much more interesting. I look forward to seeing how this new unit will effect the results of games >=D.
12 Nov 2013, 13:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Hux
12 Nov 2013, 13:13 PM
Patrion 14

AT Nade
RAM the Tiger
Let the Tiger alone
Kill all the german infantry
O ressource income
Win ^_^

Only, I'm guessing this tiger will have Blitz ability (which isn't going to be prohibited by engine damage afaik) so there goes AT nades.. It's also going to have panzer tactician which means it will be able to escape easier.

I'll refrain from making any pessimistic judgements just yet, until i've played/ played against it, which is only fair I guess.

This thing looks like it will be a fucker to fight against... as long as it doesn't spend most of its time breakdancing like the rest of the tanks that is.
12 Nov 2013, 13:25 PM

Blink if he is going to get his own custom model.
12 Nov 2013, 13:26 PM
Donator 22

okay to sum up...the tiger ace will be a free call in unit ? o.O

Im not sure, but the Königstiger in VCoh was a free call in unit as well.
12 Nov 2013, 13:37 PM

Argh! I can't hold my eyes open all day!
12 Nov 2013, 13:45 PM

Permanently Banned

You can see it in the preview vid for the Commander in Steam.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 796

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment