Login

russian armor

coh2.org teamspeak?

12 Dec 2012, 03:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

has anyone put any thought into a coh2.org teamspeak? personally i think it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea and allow the community to interact with each other thru another medium.
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 04:06 AM
Admin Black Badge

I actually set up a Mumble for testing purposes the other day, address is just coh2.org feel free to use. We might not keep it if it makes the site laggy we'll see how it goes.
12 Dec 2012, 16:58 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lol I was just about to make a thread about this. Glad I am not the only one thinking that this is a good idea. I know there are a load of coh clans that have thier own vent/ts/mumble but it would be a great idea if everyone could use one as a hub.
12 Dec 2012, 20:00 PM

I agree with everyone it would be cool to have our own coh2.org Ts3 or what ever :)
12 Dec 2012, 22:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Right now things are a bit clustered between clan ventrilos, steam chats and skype calls. I'd really prefer a central area to talk with the good members of the community and mumble is great for that. So if the mumble channel is good for that, I will be primarily on the mumble channel and I will be pushing everyone I know to use it as well.
12 Dec 2012, 23:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2012, 22:46 PMSepha
Right now things are a bit clustered between clan ventrilos, steam chats and skype calls. I'd really prefer a central area to talk with the good members of the community and mumble is great for that. So if the mumble channel is good for that, I will be primarily on the mumble channel and I will be pushing everyone I know to use it as well.

tbh I prefer teamspeak easier to manage nd run from my experience but it really doesn't matter. but I guess I could use a mumble to.
13 Dec 2012, 01:18 AM

omfg, mumble too?! :-D vent, mumble... why not teamspeak? so much easier/better :-P
but after all, it's your choice, so idc... ;-)
13 Dec 2012, 08:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

anyone saying mumble is harder to setup as any other VoIP software is talking poop :P

been using it for years now and prefer it over TS and ventrilo actually. Voice quality is top notch, while using very low resources. Connecting to servers is as simple as typing in the server URL (COH2.org in this case) and hit connect. The audiosetup is usually good by default, but tweaking it is very intuitive too. It has all the features you want, like textchat for sharing links, ingame overlay of members that are in your channel with notifications who's talking. FPS overlay, text to voice interpretation, etc. etc.
13 Dec 2012, 16:14 PM

initial configuration for mumble is pretty easy, i agree... but for example, try setting up push-to-talk after you've selected voice activation in the wizard (without using the wizard again). on my first try it took me ages to find out why it's not working. and quality... imho is way worse than both vent and ts (on standard settings that is). intuitivity of controls is arguable, i'd tend to say that the controls are not more intuitive as teamspeaks, maybe more intuitive than ventrilo though.

take all of that with a grain of salt though, since i personally prefer teamspeak... all programs are okay though and do their job, i guess you can't ask for more ;-)
Moy
15 Dec 2012, 15:39 PM

Dolby Axon is free too use, and easy as well.
A_E
27 Dec 2012, 17:26 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2012, 22:46 PMSepha

I've been struggling to get a mumble server set aside for reddit, we currently reside on a League of Legends server, which makes it very unfriendly to newcomers.

I think we could ensure the activity of the COH2.ORG mumble; if we say it's for reddit CoH users to use as well.

All I ask is a designated "reddit" channel within the COH2.ORG mumble, and to be made moderator of it so I can add rooms within that channel, and edit them at will. I could also create a donate button over on reddit to help with any server upkeep costs.
27 Dec 2012, 18:53 PM

Do it!

I tried connecting to the server, but unless its down, or the port isn't the default 12345 mumble tends to use, I wasn't able to connect :p
Seb
27 Dec 2012, 19:36 PM
Admin Black Badge

I don't know which version do you have but the default port on mine is 64738 (which is the one of the server too).

As for reddit, yes that's definitely something we can consider.
28 Dec 2012, 01:48 AM

It worked now. Only slight thing was something about the SSL certificates, but it connected anyways
15 Jun 2013, 10:25 AM

I would like to raise this Topic again -

I am playing coh with 2 friends for the past years, and it became shitty difficult to find other 3v3 teams. Having a common teamspeak server, which is implemented in the site could help bringing the community closer together and help us find more games.

What is missing to just buy a TS server and implement the gui to the site?

Best regards
15 Jun 2013, 20:16 PM

We already have a mumble-server, just connect to coh2.org.

Also, just so you guys know: mumble > all.
It is open-source, has better quality and lower latency than TS, Vent and Skype.
16 Jun 2013, 08:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2013, 20:16 PMTZer0
We already have a mumble-server, just connect to coh2.org.

Also, just so you guys know: mumble > all.
It is open-source, has better quality and lower latency than TS, Vent and Skype.

there could easily be a huge debate on that. (ive watch them start.)

but there is also have a steam group chat (in coh2.org steam group) people barely use that wile I like ts better, easier I feel. steam chat has the bare minimum and no one really uses it. full support of a team speak server but i just wonder will anyone really use it? or is it just steam being a barrier for so many thats why steam chat is ill used.
16 Jun 2013, 22:05 PM

I think its just the a lack of communication for these things that prevents people from using it. Make it prominent on the Site, give it a button and some colors. As mumble seems not to be the first choice for many gamers, a FAQ for this might be sensefull as well.
17 Jun 2013, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2012, 04:06 AMSeb
I actually set up a Mumble for testing purposes the other day, address is just coh2.org feel free to use. We might not keep it if it makes the site laggy we'll see how it goes.

Murmur uses like.. tops 5% CPU.
2 Jun 2014, 13:29 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can I get permission on the mumble sever so I can add channels and such? Let's actually make this big.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 56
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment