Login

russian armor

Paratrooper timed satchel

4 Jul 2019, 23:35 PM

hey guys, so just got out of a game where i was trying to make use of paras for another thread and had the privilege of infiltrating them behind an enemy howitzer and laying the timed demo only to find that the demo does not destroy the lefh
which made me wonder.... shouldnt it? that seems like its purpose doesnt it?

thoughts?
4 Jul 2019, 23:44 PM

It should. No two ways about it. That has always kinda pissed me off.
4 Jul 2019, 23:47 PM

It should. No two ways about it. That has always kinda pissed me off.

never noticed it didnt, had the opprotunity today (scwhere was behind a shot blocker) and all my reward was a retreated blob and i was out the MP for the paras and the muni for the demo.
seems like a major flaw in design.
5 Jul 2019, 00:12 AM

never noticed it didnt, had the opprotunity today (scwhere was behind a shot blocker) and all my reward was a retreated blob and i was out the MP for the paras and the muni for the demo.
seems like a major flaw in design.

Yeah if you can get close enough to a lefh for like 7 seconds or whatever with a squad that has a 1 target size, you deserve the kill.

Plus, that kind of stuff is literaly what paras did in real life so...
5 Jul 2019, 00:32 AM

Yeah if you can get close enough to a lefh for like 7 seconds or whatever with a squad that has a 1 target size, you deserve the kill.

Plus, that kind of stuff is literaly what paras did in real life so...

Absolutely! I'm wondering if the demo should get a flat damage buff or a modifier change.
Both work, however I wouldn't be opposed to a flat damage buff as any building or fortifications that paras encounter should be effectively damaged with the charge especially give that its a timed automatic explosion and not a a player controlled one. It's basicly a satchel with more steps and time.
5 Jul 2019, 01:46 AM

I brought this up like 2 years ago. I hope the team will notice this time around.
5 Jul 2019, 01:55 AM

I brought this up like 2 years ago. I hope the team will notice this time around.

im not entirely sure the purpose of the ability if not specificly that tbh. take out a bunker maybe? certainly not a garrison or SWS truck...

fingers crossed they take notice
ddd
5 Jul 2019, 08:06 AM

IMHO usf demo charges shouldnt be able to destroy lefh or pak43, that would prove problematic. 2 or 3 demo charges per lefh seems like a good number.
5 Jul 2019, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2019, 08:06 AMddd
IMHO usf demo charges shouldnt be able to destroy lefh or pak43, that would prove problematic. 2 or 3 demo charges per lefh seems like a good number.

Usually the howitzer is located near the main base so that they are covered with machine guns or built near AA or Medical HQ. So if it should to destroy with a single charge - a huge difficulty should be given a huge profit.
5 Jul 2019, 09:15 AM

Yeah it should.
5 Jul 2019, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2019, 08:06 AMddd

Iirc the demo is 45 mu, so you think an elite squad behind the lines should take 90-135 mu and something like a minute with cooldown and planting to destroy the emplacement? I'm fairly certain you could drag an AT gun in and kill it quicker...
5 Jul 2019, 17:08 PM

Iirc the demo is 45 mu, so you think an elite squad behind the lines should take 90-135 mu and something like a minute with cooldown and planting to destroy the emplacement? I'm fairly certain you could drag an AT gun in and kill it quicker...

I think ddd's post is sarcastic, you wouldn't notice without checking playercard + post history tho.
5 Jul 2019, 17:48 PM

they should just ditch this ability and give Paras a satchel just like they had on CoH1
5 Jul 2019, 18:05 PM

Usually the howitzer is located near the main base so that they are covered with machine guns or built near AA or Medical HQ. So if it should to destroy with a single charge - a huge difficulty should be given a huge profit.

Thats poor logic, its hard to get a paratrooper into the main base too, should its demo 1hko the main base?
5 Jul 2019, 23:19 PM

Thats poor logic, its hard to get a paratrooper into the main base too, should its demo 1hko the main base?

Now THAT is poor logic. Sturmtiger can OHK a howitzer why can't it OHK a mortar pit? Teller can OHK a light tank, why can't it OHK a heavy tank?
Certain abilities are designed for certain things. Is there a reason that landing paras behind an undefended howitzer shouldn't be a counter? If not this than what exactly IS the purpose of the ability? What other use is a timed demo charge? Bunkers? Assuming you can land unmolested and plant you might as well just bring up the fastest firing AT gun and save over 100mp and a not insignificant number of munitions.
6 Jul 2019, 18:45 PM

No, because if you actually demo an lefh, it's a proportional loss to the skill/resources it takes to pull that off, it's realistic (again, this kind of stuff is literally what paratroopers did in real life), and it makes sense with how the game works. What are you supposed to demo if not fortifications? Infantry?

Whereas obviously demoing a base makes zero sense in terms of gameplay.
7 Jul 2019, 02:18 AM

Now THAT is poor logic. Sturmtiger can OHK a howitzer why can't it OHK a mortar pit? Teller can OHK a light tank, why can't it OHK a heavy tank?
Certain abilities are designed for certain things. Is there a reason that landing paras behind an undefended howitzer shouldn't be a counter? If not this than what exactly IS the purpose of the ability? What other use is a timed demo charge? Bunkers? Assuming you can land unmolested and plant you might as well just bring up the fastest firing AT gun and save over 100mp and a not insignificant number of munitions.

Imagine the tantrum if Paratroopers could punish static structures while being good at killing infantry? USF is already so strong at the moment, didn't you see the Elite Tournament? They dominated the Axis.

It's just for show, really.
It's fun and it looks cool, until you realize you can't even one shot team weapons with it, for 45 munitions.
7 Jul 2019, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would like to swap the timed demo charge for a normal one (like Soviets) or the Penal satchel.
Right now the ability is next to useless, which might be partially due to mediocre design of the squad itself.
A demo or satchel would give some more opportunities to use it, especially the satchel for Thompson Paras in CQC.
7 Jul 2019, 10:36 AM

Given what it's for, I'd say Satchel. Effective at blowing up structures, and it's not a buff against team weapons when they already have the more effective Cooked Pineapple.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★