Login

russian armor

Shreks in halftrack need accuracy penalty while moving..

10 Oct 2013, 09:11 AM

With everyone using that new commander again since they made Assgrens spammable n cheap once again for god knows what reason.. I really think the two new german doctrines need balancing... one thing that really needs to be done is shreks need to have less accuracy while chasing shit down with thier halftrack... kind of like snipers...

------the rest of this post is my opinion about balance and is somewhat of a rant.. but hell im fed up and tired of waiting, no ones making enough noise and the devs arent making the changes needed.

Im honestly tired of trying to make soviet work, and german is too easy and gets old quick. The devs arent listening to the community and I see more and more people complaining that soviets need help, its everywhere on every coh2 forum but still nothing changes. hell the only major change last patch one of our tanks (kv8) got nerfed. I dont think they understand whats going on, and I know fanboys and people who ONLY play german will refute anything anyone says about balance.. (fanboys btw are very bad for the game since it confuses devs) Im not sure I even want to play this game anymore. I see less and less streamers as well. I think im done playing this game for a while.

Also LMG grens and gren spam is a bit ridiculous. and Tigers for only 200 fuel... LOL. 250 manpower and FIFTY fuel just to get AT nades/Molotovs on my shitty ass conscripts when grens have them from the start?

and this comes from a player ranked around 300 with BOTH factions. I dont feel like you should be able to say ANYTHING about balance until uve atleast played 100 games and play both factions somewhat evenly. Otherwise your just polluting the community with unintelligible arguments. Also, if your rank is horrible, u wont know much about balance either...

I never see devs playing soviet in any stream, its always german, and i found it somewhat appauling the way they talked so much shit about VonIvan while they casted thier fight. All it shows me is that they arent listening to thier top players of the game, THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF THEM. After playing with the new patch, its obvious nothing really changed.
10 Oct 2013, 09:38 AM

I think the two new German commanders are a little op, more so the ostrupin. And shrecks should not be so accurate in ht I agree. But I think you are pushing things a little too much. I mean after I beat you in that game someone beat me using your same start.
10 Oct 2013, 09:38 AM

Permanently Banned
You have a good scorecard, but your balance critique is pretty terrible.

Then you talk about KV8s as "our" tank, as if you where a Soviet yourself or something... And KV8 really needed that nerf, btw.

This post really has very little of anything constructive or balance related in it.
Its just ranting and complaining. I'm sure Devs wont give it more than 3s of reading, if even that, especially since a section of it is dedicated wholly to ranting and raving at them specifically too.

You complain about fanbois, when you are one of the most outspoken ranters/whiners both on the boards and in the shoutbox, day in day out, with almost no actual constructive, rational, organised or reasonable balance commentary.

Just ranting.
10 Oct 2013, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 09:38 AMNullist
You have a good scorecard, but your balance critique is pretty terrible.

Then you talk about KV8s as "our" tank, as if you where a Soviet yourself or something... And KV8 really needed that nerf, btw.

This post really has very little of anything constructive or balance related in it.
Its just ranting and complaining. I'm sure Devs wont give it more than 3s of reading, if even that, especially since a section of it is dedicated wholly to ranting and raving at them specifically too.

You complain about fanbois, when you are one of the most outspoken ranters/whiners both on the boards and in the shoutbox, day in day out, with almost no actual constructive, rational, organised or reasonable balance commentary.

Just ranting.

The suggestion i made the post for is at the top, and its a good one... After that i said i was going to rant and that's exactly what i did.

Just because I am very outspoken about balance does not mean im a fanboy, i play both factions, and if it was the other way around I would be outspoken about soviet being OP. I just want the game to be a little more fair and the wait is becoming very long. If no one speaks up about it, nothing will ever change.

Also, I find it funny you personally attack me when your a legend of coh2 already, the biggest forum fanboy out there, i even hear sarcastic shoutouts to you in peoples streams. Lulz.
10 Oct 2013, 10:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Your "suggestion" was one line, followed by several dozen lines of ranting.

Many people like my posts, and many also agree with them.
Can't say the same for yours.

As to the topic, Shreks should be normalised to have 50% accuracy reduction when in a moving vehicle, same as other infantry weapons are, if it isnt so already.
10 Oct 2013, 11:04 AM

is there really any need? they are about equal to a t70, they lose to a t34, the only other unit they are useful against is an su85 that isnt supported, which is unlikely to happen.

They are also crazy expensive, 55 fuel, 560 manpower and 120 munitions is a lot imo
10 Oct 2013, 11:27 AM

is there really any need? they are about equal to a t70, they lose to a t34, the only other unit they are useful against is an su85 that isnt supported, which is unlikely to happen.

They are also crazy expensive, 55 fuel, 560 manpower and 120 munitions is a lot imo

Well, I hugely disagree with that. PG's are highly effective and useful unit, at least for me.

Actually, I won't even bother explaining.
10 Oct 2013, 11:45 AM

You should really stick to a more formal posting style when discussing balance. The ranting devalues rather than supports your balance suggestion.

However, I think the original suggestion is a good one.
Units in moving M3s and M5s already receive a 50% accuracy penalty. I don't see why this should not be the case for units in a moving SdKfz 250 halftrack.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they'd already receive it. I currently don't have access to the game files to check it for a few days so someone else should probably check that out.
10 Oct 2013, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 09:11 AMRubbers

I never see devs playing soviet in any stream, its always german, and i found it somewhat appauling the way they talked so much shit about VonIvan while they casted thier fight. All it shows me is that they arent listening to thier top players of the game, THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF THEM. After playing with the new patch, its obvious nothing really changed.

Yeah, this hit me too... I would like dev's playing Soviets on stream :D.
10 Oct 2013, 11:48 AM

Well, I hugely disagree with that. PG's are highly effective and useful unit, at least for me.

Actually, I won't even bother explaining.

lol when did i say pgs arent a useful unit, just the halftrack call in is very expensive and only useful in certain circumstances so why nerf it
10 Oct 2013, 11:51 AM

lol when did i say pgs arent a useful unit, just the halftrack call in is very expensive and only useful in certain circumstances so why nerf it

Lol, after re-reading. The numbers don't add up.

I thought you were talking about PG's. My bad :blush:

In that case, I agree

P.S. In my defence, I forgot what was the OP about reading throgh the thread. Saved myself?
10 Oct 2013, 12:05 PM

Yeah, this hit me too... I would like dev's playing Soviets on stream :D.

I think I saw one of the developers play soviet in the last reply he posted in this forum. I think it was to show AT improvement against tanks.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they'd already receive it. I currently don't have access to the game files to check it for a few days so someone else should probably check that out.

I dont think pg inside ht are receiving any accuracy modifier. In my game with op every single shrek hit its target. And the ht is pretty fast and strong so it can take on t70 with ease.

Fix that and make ag call-in cool down longer and I think the commander will be more balanced.
10 Oct 2013, 12:21 PM

they should have put them in an m3a :)

(no i havent played against this commander yet)

is it as strong as a flame halftrack or is it more scoutcar durability

can you put other infantry types in there, and the halftrack, can't that be used ?
10 Oct 2013, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 12:21 PMbogeuh
they should have put them in an m3a :)

(no i havent played against this commander yet)

is it as strong as a flame halftrack or is it more scoutcar durability

can you put other infantry types in there, and the halftrack, can't that be used ?

Its much stronger than scout car. I think its about as strong as normal ht.

Yes you can put other infantry including engineers and snipers.

No the ht has no other use or weapon, you can't use it to reinforce for example.
10 Oct 2013, 12:28 PM

Lol, after re-reading. The numbers don't add up.

I thought you were talking about PG's. My bad :blush:

In that case, I agree

P.S. In my defence, I forgot what was the OP about reading throgh the thread. Saved myself?

lol fair enough, your saved :)
10 Oct 2013, 12:32 PM

According to game files, this halftrack already applies same accuracy modifiers as M3/M5.
10 Oct 2013, 12:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Then there really isn't any problem, is there...
10 Oct 2013, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 09:11 AMRubbers
With everyone using that new commander again since they made Assgrens spammable n cheap once again for god knows what reason.. I really think the two new german doctrines need balancing... one thing that really needs to be done is shreks need to have less accuracy while chasing shit down with thier halftrack... kind of like snipers...

------the rest of this post is my opinion about balance and is somewhat of a rant.. but hell im fed up and tired of waiting, no ones making enough noise and the devs arent making the changes needed.

Im honestly tired of trying to make soviet work, and german is too easy and gets old quick. The devs arent listening to the community and I see more and more people complaining that soviets need help, its everywhere on every coh2 forum but still nothing changes. hell the only major change last patch one of our tanks (kv8) got nerfed. I dont think they understand whats going on, and I know fanboys and people who ONLY play german will refute anything anyone says about balance.. (fanboys btw are very bad for the game since it confuses devs) Im not sure I even want to play this game anymore. I see less and less streamers as well. I think im done playing this game for a while.

Also LMG grens and gren spam is a bit ridiculous. and Tigers for only 200 fuel... LOL. 250 manpower and FIFTY fuel just to get AT nades/Molotovs on my shitty ass conscripts when grens have them from the start?

and this comes from a player ranked around 300 with BOTH factions. I dont feel like you should be able to say ANYTHING about balance until uve atleast played 100 games and play both factions somewhat evenly. Otherwise your just polluting the community with unintelligible arguments. Also, if your rank is horrible, u wont know much about balance either...

The bolded bit is complete paranoia. Von almost always plays Soviets, and there was a lot of mutual trash-talking before that game on both sides if you saw the lead up to it on Von's stream, which is probably why they got a bit carried away and it looks odd out of context.

The KV-8 nerf was obviously needed. That thing was just stupid. It's still very high damage and has far more health and armour than the much pricier Brummbar. Of the other changes, LMG nerf at long range seems good to me? Ostruppen got something of a nerf, though not enough of one. Scout car fuel cost and ZiS got fixed. The silly bits of the Soviet paid commanders are unchanged (For the Motherland, new howie and FHQ uncappability + 100% bonuses all seem a bit OP to me).

How you read that as a partisan patch is beyond me. Soviets have been improved massively since the MG spam days and their Tier 3 has been improved radically since beta; there are still a couple of things that need fixing (Ostruppen, veterancy 2) but acting like there's been no progress is just melodramatic.

The balance change you complained about seems to already be in there.
10 Oct 2013, 14:12 PM

The mechanized assault is balanced well. You are gambling a lot when getting Assgrens considering they significantly slow down getting grens or an mg plus capping power. And early capping power is already hard enough for the Germans. Once I see assgrens I immediately go scout car with flamers, BAM they are useless. Or ill get the crazy awesome "Soviet Shock Army" doctrine that is a great anti inf doctrine.

I agree ostruppen needed a cool-down reduction or a price change (raise). But the 280mp and 25 Muni or whatever the assgrens was before was just plain stupid. FOr 310mp its a fair deal.
10 Oct 2013, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 13:48 PMBlovski

Of the other changes, LMG nerf at long range seems good to me? Ostruppen got something of a nerf, though not enough of one. Scout car fuel cost and ZiS got fixed. The silly bits of the Soviet paid commanders are unchanged (For the Motherland, new howie and FHQ uncappability + 100% bonuses all seem a bit OP to me).

How you read that as a partisan patch is beyond me. Soviets have been improved massively since the MG spam days and their Tier 3 has been improved radically since beta; there are still a couple of things that need fixing (Ostruppen, veterancy 2) but acting like there's been no progress is just melodramatic.

The balance change you complained about seems to already be in there.

The soviet commanders are just as rediculous as assault grens and ost. FHQ & mini-AT Gun commander is awesome. "but you can destroy the house". OK, do it, in 30-50 fuel points, as the soviet will rush to get the HQ right after molotovs.

Soviets get 35muni mines. Use them. As they are a very key factor in both sides of the game. IMO, i think 90-100% accuracy-pgren-shrecks and HT-Sheck shooting are perfect. I always always always HATED when my grens in COH1 missed at point blank range or didn't penetrate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★